Many issues happening and I am quite concerned.

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Domenico

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Calligraphy
I have had my 2021 Calligraphy for a month now. From day two the car has been riddled with rattles and squeaks. Now I am experiencing computer issues. I think they are computer issues. The gauge cluster sometimes freezes when starting the engine. I only see a blur of colors. After a minute or two it begins the animation again and all is well. The passenger restraint lights are on without passengers. The sync function for the climate control turns off and sets the passenger temperature to random degrees. The rear climate control will turn on without cause. The right blind side indicator of the HUD stopped working. The button to turn off the start/stop feature sometimes is lit when I start the car. The feature works, but then turns itself off. The welcome chime never chimes when I enter the vehicle for the first time of the day. Afterwards, it chimes as expected. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? I have an appointment at the dealership on July 16th. Before I go, I am wondering if anyone has information that may be beneficial to them.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Unless you are sure you can reproduce the problem for the service advisor/writer at the dealership, I would take some videos of the gauge cluster when having problems, and be ready to show the dealer when you get there. Hyundai warranty policy is that they generally can't replace something under warranty unless the dealer can reproduce the problem (or have substantial evidence that it is occurring). But be prepared to leave your vehicle at the dealer for a few days, and ask for a loaner car is that is the case.

Domenico

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Calligraphy
Unless you are sure you can reproduce the problem for the service advisor/writer at the dealership, I would take some videos of the gauge cluster when having problems, and be ready to show the dealer when you get there. Hyundai warranty policy is that they generally can't replace something under warranty unless the dealer can reproduce the problem (or have substantial evidence that it is occurring). But be prepared to leave your vehicle at the dealer for a few days, and ask for a loaner car is that is the case.
Unfortunately, I have my phone's video camera at the ready every time I start the car because I never know what nonsense will occur. This is extremely disappointing; however, I suppose rather expected since this is the second year of production.

Cheddar

Reaction score
I would not say this is "expected" for a new Palisade at all. Ours is at port coming to UT in three weeks. I sure hope that it's just a unique glitch that can be fixed. I feel bad for the quirks you are going through.

steelers

Reaction score
I have had my 2021 Calligraphy for a month now. From day two the car has been riddled with rattles and squeaks. Now I am experiencing computer issues. I think they are computer issues. The gauge cluster sometimes freezes when starting the engine. I only see a blur of colors. After a minute or two it begins the animation again and all is well. The passenger restraint lights are on without passengers. The sync function for the climate control turns off and sets the passenger temperature to random degrees. The rear climate control will turn on without cause. The right blind side indicator of the HUD stopped working. The button to turn off the start/stop feature sometimes is lit when I start the car. The feature works, but then turns itself off. The welcome chime never chimes when I enter the vehicle for the first time of the day. Afterwards, it chimes as expected. Has anyone else experienced any of these issues? I have an appointment at the dealership on July 16th. Before I go, I am wondering if anyone has information that may be beneficial to them.
Only one month in....ask the dealer to take it back,and replace...sure it may cost
cost a few bucks..but aggravation also comes at a price..

Domenico

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Calligraphy
Only one month in....ask the dealer to take it back,and replace...sure it may cost
cost a few bucks..but aggravation also comes at a price..
First off, go Steelers!! The crap I have to deal with working in Cleveland... almost as bad as my car.

So I can just have them replace it?! If this is true, please tell me how!

Alan_F

Reaction score
First off, go Steelers!! The crap I have to deal with working in Cleveland... almost as bad as my car.

So I can just have them replace it?! If this is true, please tell me how!
If you have already received the title, you would have to file a Lemon Law action, based on the laws in your state (which you can google). Unless you want to just trade it in for a new model.

If the dealer can verify the problem, they may end up replacing the instrument electronics to fix the problem. I don't think that is a widespread problem. The key is to be able to replicate the problem for the dealer.

Domenico

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Calligraphy
If you have already received the title, you would have to file a Lemon Law action, based on the laws in your state (which you can google). Unless you want to just trade it in for a new model.

If the dealer can verify the problem, they may end up replacing the instrument electronics to fix the problem. I don't think that is a widespread problem. The key is to be able to replicate the problem for the dealer.
I just read upon on Ohio Lemon Laws. I may have a shot at a refund or replacement. We shall see how the repair process goes. I believe the biggest roadblock to successfully meeting the Lemon Law requirements is that the issues are not always present. The dealership could have the car for a couple days and not experience them all. Without them confirming the existence of the issues I am experiencing, I think we come to my word against theirs. I am pretty sure their word will win.

Alan_F

Reaction score
I just read upon on Ohio Lemon Laws. I may have a shot at a refund or replacement. We shall see how the repair process goes. I believe the biggest roadblock to successfully meeting the Lemon Law requirements is that the issues are not always present. The dealership could have the car for a couple days and not experience them all. Without them confirming the existence of the issues I am experiencing, I think we come to my word against theirs. I am pretty sure their word will win.
A person's "word" is not considered as sufficient evidence in a legal matter such as Lemon Laws, if the problem cannot be reproduced. Hyundai warranty policy is that they don't authorize dealers to start replacing a part unless they can reproduce the problem, although if you have video evidence the might accept that.

It sounds to be me like all the problems are related to the same electronics module, and if they replace it your car might be fine. Or maybe there is a loose connection. You just need to focus on gathering the evidence that there is a problem.

Domenico

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Calligraphy
A person's "word" is not considered as sufficient evidence in a legal matter such as Lemon Laws, if the problem cannot be reproduced. Hyundai warranty policy is that they don't authorize dealers to start replacing a part unless they can reproduce the problem, although if you have video evidence the might accept that.

It sounds to be me like all the problems are related to the same electronics module, and if they replace it your car might be fine. Or maybe there is a loose connection. You just need to focus on gathering the evidence that there is a problem.
My phone's video camera is always at the ready when I get in and start the car. The phone cannot pick up the rattles though. The road noise gets in the way. That might be ok because I will have the technician ride with me when I drop it off.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Many of the 'issues' you listed might be normal. The restraint lights always light up if seatbelts are not buckled... but they go away after a minute or two (I don't like that either, but it's normal). The rear HVAC also sometimes turns on by itself on my SUV, especially when it was getting used. But now that is not getting used, it's been off. I'm sure it's a 'built in' feature of something we were doing, like maybe turning it on when car is hot, or fan cranked up above certain level. Who knows, but it seems to be 'normal' (as in all other vehicles do it) as well. The start/stop light also turns on momentarily on my car (during diagnostics, I guess), then goes out... until I turn it off, which I always do. The sync function might be turned off by a passenger. Are you sure it's been turned on/off by itself? At any rate, what you can do to cure electronic gremlins is to disconnect the battery for a while, then connect it back, and see what happens. If that doesn't cure your real issues, then you could report them. But you should first get acquainted with your vehicle, so you know which things are real issues and which ones not (even if you don't like them). Good luck.

Domenico

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Calligraphy
Many of the 'issues' you listed might be normal. The restraint lights always light up if seatbelts are not buckled... but they go away after a minute or two (I don't like that either, but it's normal). The rear HVAC also sometimes turns on by itself on my SUV, especially when it was getting used. But now that is not getting used, it's been off. I'm sure it's a 'built in' feature of something we were doing, like maybe turning it on when car is hot, or fan cranked up above certain level. Who knows, but it seems to be 'normal' (as in all other vehicles do it) as well. The start/stop light also turns on momentarily on my car (during diagnostics, I guess), then goes out... until I turn it off, which I always do. The sync function might be turned off by a passenger. Are you sure it's been turned on/off by itself? At any rate, what you can do to cure electronic gremlins is to disconnect the battery for a while, then connect it back, and see what happens. If that doesn't cure your real issues, then you could report them. But you should first get acquainted with your vehicle, so you know which things are real issues and which ones not (even if you don't like them). Good luck.
I have read the manual, and I have researched these issues online. You are the only source that has said similar issues occur. Therefore, I do not consider these to be normal. I most certainly will not disconnect the battery. That may only be a temporary fix, and I would rather the dealership experience what I am sooner than later. I consider myself well versed with my vehicle. I must be if I want to explain my issues to the dealer in the most detailed description possible. The sad reality is my vehicle was poorly made.
Since you have experienced similar issues as I am, perhaps you have had this issue as well. The driver's ventilated seat intensity does not change when I cycle through the levels. The passenger seat does. I can distinctly feel the changing volume of airflow.