Map update 14.5 out now (August 2020 update)

Eric2203

Reaction score
The August 2020 map update Version 14.5 Map Update (NAM.13.47.44.xxx) is now out.

No new features this time. Only map updates. Although it does state the following in the release notes:
"Along with the new map and points of interest, the map update includes refinement of the system including routing, functionality, and overall ease-of-use."

If you didn't get v14.0 (NAM.13.41.42.xxx) back in May (which had a bunch of new features), you will get it as part of this update. The release notes list all the changes, going back all the way to 13.5:
https://storage.googleapis.com/mapc....5/pdf/Hyundai_V14.5_New_Map_Features_U5W.pdf

As always, go to www.mapnsoft.com to get your update.

Phlorida

Reaction score
Have you done the install yet? I was able to download setup.exe but as soon as I click install I get a popup that says "installation complete" and there is nothing on the USB drive. I've formatted the USB drive and I've tried it on a different computer with the same results.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Go to update.hyundai.com. That's the best route unless you're planning on ordering the USB stick for them to send to you.
Yeah it looks like it's the way to do it now. I can't edit my original post in this thread to fix the link, or I would.

Also, for that new updater, when it prompts you to log in (you don't have to), your myhyundai.com username and password will work.

portallion

Reaction score
Just upgraded today. First time I have upgraded since getting the car in May. Took almost 3 hours to upgrade via USB... Maps took almost the entire amount of time. The other aspects took about 15 min.
Went from:
Maps: Version 12.47.44.510.205.3 to 13.47.44.680.201.
Firmware: LX2.USA.292.190807.MICOM.D to LX2.USA.301.200316.MICOM.D
SW Ver: LX2.USA.S5W_M.V003.002.190813 to LX2.USA.S5W_M.V004.001.200702

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Took almost 3 hours to upgrade via USB
Sounds like you didn’t do the “quick update.” It gets you exactly the same result and is usually <30 mins. Mine took about that long earlier today when I did it.

G

G-922674

Sounds like you didn’t do the “quick update.” It gets you exactly the same result and is usually <30 mins. Mine took about that long earlier today when I did it.

Thanks! I will have to remember that for next time. Ten times the speed... yes please

Eric2203

Reaction score
Just upgraded today. First time I have upgraded since getting the car in May. Took almost 3 hours to upgrade via USB... Maps took almost the entire amount of time. The other aspects took about 15 min.
Went from:
Maps: Version 12.47.44.510.205.3 to 13.47.44.680.201.
Firmware: LX2.USA.292.190807.MICOM.D to LX2.USA.301.200316.MICOM.D
SW Ver: LX2.USA.S5W_M.V003.002.190813 to LX2.USA.S5W_M.V004.001.200702
Looks like you didn’t have the previous update. You jumped 2 versions.

Enjoy the new features.

Flitzer

Reaction score
Hmm, just downloaded the update yesterday; it installed in 25 minutes without any difficulty. Makes you wonder if there is an update to the update in the making.

jbraun

Reaction score
Still seeing "Navigation updates are being prepared for this vehicle. This service will be available as soon as possible." in the Hyundai Windows Navigation Updater app.

Bapski

Reaction score
Hmm, just downloaded the update yesterday; it installed in 25 minutes without any difficulty. Makes you wonder if there is an update to the update in the making.
mind sharing what steps you did? you may have stumbled on a work-around. assuming you are also located in North America.

im also thinking i may also have an older FIRMWARE (?) and NOT just older Map software version. can anyone confirm?

Attachments

• palisade system info_LI (2).jpg
    palisade system info_LI (2).jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 22
Last edited:

Eric2203

Reaction score
mind sharing what steps you did? you may have stumbled on a work-around. assuming you are also located in North America.

im also thinking i may also have an older FIRMWARE (?) and NOT just older Map software version. can anyone confirm?
Yes, you are 2 updates behind. The May one and the August one. The May one added new features.

Flitzer

Reaction score
Yes, I am in the US of A. No work-around in play, I simply was one of the last users who got in on the 26th for a successful download prior to paused distribution. I am still expecting an amended update. Such is the fate of the early adopters: we get to do this twice in a row ...