Map update 14.5 out now (August 2020 update)

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

spotlizard

Reaction score
I did the update today and selected the "Quick Update" (probably just dumb luck but mainly because it was selected by default). Total update time was around 40 minutes, likely because we bought the car in March and have not updated the system since so some cumulative updates needed to be done. The first two steps (copying and updating files) took the longest. There was a GPS update in Step 3 followed by a Modem update in step 4. Both of those took less than a minute each. Step 5 (uCom) took 3 to 5 minutes. This was followed by a system restart and a "Restoring Data" phase (presumably copying back saved POIs etc) that took about 5 minutes.

Haven't used it in anger yet but I'll go out tomorrow and test the red light camera settings.

The new weather data seems far more accurate than the previous HD stuff but we live in Seattle so it really only needs to display Cloudy and Rainy :)

ejko

Reaction score
Just finished my update. Downloaded to a Mac (~25 minutes), copied to USB (~15 minutes), then loaded into car (~20 minutes). No problems or issues updating. I note that the new weather feature identifies the address you are at. There is a refresh symbol in the upper right hand corner that lets you change this at any time to the location you are currently at. My problem is that when in my garage, it is showing me as being at an address 10 houses down the street. If I refresh the location, the same comes up. Seems my GPS may need to be re-calibrated. Anyone else have this problem and how did you resolve? Thanks!

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
Just finished my update. Downloaded to a Mac (~25 minutes), copied to USB (~15 minutes), then loaded into car (~20 minutes). No problems or issues updating. I note that the new weather feature identifies the address you are at. There is a refresh symbol in the upper right hand corner that lets you change this at any time to the location you are currently at. My problem is that when in my garage, it is showing me as being at an address 10 houses down the street. If I refresh the location, the same comes up. Seems my GPS may need to be re-calibrated. Anyone else have this problem and how did you resolve? Thanks!
If you’re inside your garage, you probably don’t have a great satellite signal.

If you have the same problem outside, maybe you have a small problem. Seriously, though, do you expect the weather to be significantly different in a quarter mile radius?

ejko

Reaction score
Obviously I don’t think the weather will be different. But either in my garage, driveway, or street in front of the house, it shows an address 10 houses down the street. I’m not losing any sleep over it, was just asking how to re-calibrate the GPS. I would think it would be more accurate than what I’m seeing.

Gene

Reaction score
Obviously I don’t think the weather will be different. But either in my garage, driveway, or street in front of the house, it shows an address 10 houses down the street. I’m not losing any sleep over it, was just asking how to re-calibrate the GPS. I would think it would be more accurate than what I’m seeing.
If you use the navigation to go to an address does that also show up in the wrong place?
Or is it just your house?

Gene

Reaction score
We live in a cul-de-sac and our garage is only 150 ft from a main rode in the back of the garage.
Not the Palisade but my last car, listed us in the wrong location. GPS listed us as the nearest house on the road
in the back of our house. Which was a block away on that road.
I removed my home address and reentered it while our car was setting in front of our drive way
Didn't have a problem after that

ejko

Reaction score
We live in a cul-de-sac and our garage is only 150 ft from a main rode in the back of the garage.
Not the Palisade but my last car, listed us in the wrong location. GPS listed us as the nearest house on the road
in the back of our house. Which was a block away on that road.
I removed my home address and reentered it while our car was setting in front of our drive way
Didn't have a problem after that
Thanks! I'll give it a try.

ejko

Reaction score
Uncfortunately, deleting and then re-setting my home address didn't correct things. The weather app still shows me at a home 10 houses away. I'll live with it, no big deal.

Gene

Reaction score
You might ask the dealer next time you are there.
I had to put in current location in my other car and it worked
Good luck

G

G-272485

After doing the update HD radio stations were not providing the artist and title information. Initially, I thought it might be a flaw in the update. After exploring I found the problem. Had to select the Radio on the screen, that provides a “Menu” tab. Third option down is the “Info” check box. It was unchecked. Checking the box resolved the issue.