This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Map Update Coming

Sugrat

Reaction score
I wonder if they will add any new features with the 14 version of the map software?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

rman18

Reaction score
Is there anyone else who can't register their vehicle with that site? I bought my car a little over a month ago but I still get:

The VIN you have entered is either incorrect or is not yet activated. If your vehicle is less than a month old, please wait a few weeks and try again. If not, please contact Hyundai Customer Care for assistance.

I submitted a case with MyHyundai and they were clueless first asking me to sign up for an account on myhyundai (even though the ticket was opened through my account) then telling me to go to the dealer to have them register bluelink (which is working fine).

Eric2203

Reaction score
Is there anyone else who can't register their vehicle with that site? I bought my car a little over a month ago but I still get:

The VIN you have entered is either incorrect or is not yet activated. If your vehicle is less than a month old, please wait a few weeks and try again. If not, please contact Hyundai Customer Care for assistance.

I submitted a case with MyHyundai and they were clueless first asking me to sign up for an account on myhyundai (even though the ticket was opened through my account) then telling me to go to the dealer to have them register bluelink (which is working fine).
It takes a while. It took a little over a month for us. Just give it a week or two and try again. For what it's worth, the next map update is due in April (assuming COVID-19 doesn't affect that date), so you have a little bit of time, unless you absolutely want to install the previous map update right away.

LSUDC213

Reaction score
Not to disagree with anyone who is having issues with MyHyundai and Bluelink but we got our Limited on Monday, 23rd and today, 26th I got the Bluelink activated on my iphone 11. I had to log off the app and log back on and the Bluelink was already monitoring our car.

I think it starts with the dealer registering your VIN promptly and correctly to the system. That way when you enter the VIN it recoginizes it and activates it. Try contacting your dealer and ask them if they registered the VIN correctly and explain your predicament.

raggedy1

Reaction score
Not to disagree with anyone who is having issues with MyHyundai and Bluelink but we got our Limited on Monday, 23rd and today, 26th I got the Bluelink activated on my iphone 11. I had to log off the app and log back on and the Bluelink was already monitoring our car.

I think it starts with the dealer registering your VIN promptly and correctly to the system. That way when you enter the VIN it recoginizes it and activates it. Try contacting your dealer and ask them if they registered the VIN correctly and explain your predicament.
I believe the OP is talking about this:

I have the blue link app on my phone and it works fine, but I still can't register my car on the map website. It says:

So BlueLink App on the phone works, but I can't register to get map updates on the website

see if you can register to get map updates on the website

Alan_F

Reaction score
The maps are handled by a company called MnSOFT (also known as Map'n'soft) which is the official navigation system provider for Hyundai and Kia Motors. They provide map updates for Hyundai, Genesis, and Kia in the USA and Canada. I am not sure who actually owns MnSoft, but they apparently don't have a real-time link into the Hyundai or Kia computer systems, which is why they say to you may have to wait a month until the MnSOFT systems are updated with VIN data from Hyundai or Kia.

Also, their website currently says that because of the COVID-19 outbreak, their staff has been reduced and some operations will be delayed.