Map Update Coming

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Canuck Ottawa

Reaction score
Good Morning. I sent a note to asking about the download link yesterday and was advised that some technical issues have pushed out to to the end of day Wednesday (tomorrow).
When I called, he said the "techies" were "pulling their hair out" trying to fix problems. My agent said "maybe" end of the week, but it could still happen today!

Prowler

Reaction score
Wondering what the difference is between the US and Canada update since it should be NA maps, maybe language or privacy settings? When I search for the Canadian update 2020 - Palisade, you cant even order it on usb... my map is a full version out of date and I want the applecar play split screen asap, any of you Canuks order the US version? I sent a message to support Monday, but if I am feeling lucky later this week and no CAN version, I may try to download and install the US version when it shows up. I mean what could go wrong.... cant be any worse than my tranny getting stuck in 5th gear after 400km.

Prowler

Reaction score
For any Canuks, I got a response from the support desk. I asked about the Canadian Hyundai Palisade update , I get "the download option for KIAs are still being worked on, not avaible", thats re-assuring... "it should be available either at the end of the month or the beginning of the next month". So who knows when, their track record for keeping to dates is not so good. For the US version real hard to to copy it over to an AWS S3 bucket and provide the link for download, how much money can they make from $25 USB keys. As per my question on just using the US version in CAN car, response - "Using a USA update on a Canadian vehicle would not work as the USA update is not made for a Canadian navigation system" I guess we navigate differently or they use completely different systems in the Canadian cars, or may be different Sats, or maybe its the blue link, who knows, but when I punch in my VIN it will allow me to order it. $55k vehicle and its maps are a year out of date, I still can't get split screen apple car play, but on the bright side I have my new car back from the dealership.

SeattleChris

Reaction score
For the US version real hard to to copy it over to an AWS S3 bucket and provide the link for download, how much money can they make from $25 USB keys.
I'm actually surprised no techie on this forum has shared the love and uploaded the image from their $25 drive. Anyone?!? :cool:

trotti

Reaction score
It appears the map update is still not available for download. I wish that I hadn't found out there was an update because now I'm like a kid at Christmas - I want the new toy!

Swervie

Reaction score
I emailed them on Monday, and received a reply yesterday stating the following:

"Currently the map download application for that vehicle is still being worked on as it was delayed. As such it is unavailable at the moment. It should hopefully be available around the beginning of next month."

So it sounds like they don't even know when it will be available since they keep giving people different answers.