Map Update

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

elp_jc

Reaction score
Thank you for doing that work. Hopefully they'll find a solution you can share with us, to spare us having to waste our time on that too :). Hey, did you ask them what was the 'error' that was supposedly fixed? I thought it was this, but obviously not. Thank you again.

Kvou812

Reaction score
Good since I couldn't get the update to work. I tired several times with different USB drives and it kept failing on updating map 1 of 5 then rebooting.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Did you format it as 'EX-FAT'? That could be the issue, since the default format is FAT32. It also needs to be at least 32G. I used a Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB, and it has worked fine all 3 times. But I always format it first, to both erase everything, and swap to EX-FAT. The Hyundai program re-formats the USB stick too, but I don't believe it can switch it to EX-FAT, so you have to do that first. Hope this helps.

Kvou812

Reaction score
Did you format it as 'EX-FAT'? That could be the issue, since the default format is FAT32. It also needs to be at least 32G. I used a Sandisk Ultra USB 3.0 32GB, and it has worked fine all 3 times. But I always format it first, to both erase everything, and swap to EX-FAT. The Hyundai program re-formats the USB stick too, but I don't believe it can switch it to EX-FAT, so you have to do that first. Hope this helps.
Yeah I was using a 32GB thumb drive formatted to ex-fat. I tired two different ones, one of them being the one I used to update it previously.

elp_jc

Reaction score
One thing I ran into was I accidentally put my computer to 'sleep', forgetting the stupid update was still downloading (takes forever). Had to start over again. The download might have been interrupted accidentally. I'd try to do it while you're working with your computer. There's no reason why it's not working this time, if you already did it once successfully with the same stick. Good luck.

LynnZimmerman

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Limited AWD
Thank you for doing that work. Hopefully they'll find a solution you can share with us, to spare us having to waste our time on that too :). Hey, did you ask them what was the 'error' that was supposedly fixed? I thought it was this, but obviously not. Thank you again.

LynnZimmerman

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Limited AWD
One thing I noticed after the update was that after turning off the vehicle, and then opening the door, the music fades. If I remember right, it used to just stop? Not a major deal. Just a little nuance.

elp_jc

Reaction score
If you have the ignition off, and open the driver's door, everything cuts off. With the ignition/engine on, no volume fade. My stupid Tesla has that 'feature' (open door, and volume drops like 1/3rd previous volume), and I HATE it. Ha ha. So the Pali is doing that now?

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hey guys, just took the Pali out for the first time in weeks (didn't remember to check on the music fading, but will try to remember during my trip starting tomorrow), and the stupid parking brake is engaging ALL THE TIME. Before it only did it when I had 'auto hold' enabled. What the heck happened there? Is that happening to others as well? I thought it was just a screen update. There's no setting for that. On my previous Hyundais/Kias, you just held the parking brake button for about 2 seconds while engaging the parking brake, and it'd turn the auto feature on. And vice-verse to disable it. It's not working on my SUV. And yes, it was flat as a pancake, and 'auto hold' off, and still happened every time. Tried putting N first, then P, and same thing. Hope stupid Hyundai didn't change that :mad:. They keep screwing with everything good the car had. Geez.

elp_jc

Reaction score
UPDATE. I was able to disable the auto parking brake application by holding the button pushed in a little longer. And no, it wasn't engaged when I parked the SUV in the garage, and when I did the first (of tha latest) update, my DRLs were on, since the parking brake was not applied. But on the second update, no DRLs, and noticed the parking brake was on. Weird. But at least now you know how to disable that feature. And no beep, so don't expect one.

Finally, no volume reduction on my SUV when opening the door, like on the Tesla. And I was able to send a destination to my nav, so the valet warning is obviously an error, since BlueLink is active. No issues with the SUV on the first leg (of 3) of our trip so far. Passed 6K yesterday. Should be back home with about 7K. Then another December trip planned. My wife just complains a little bit of the hard seats, but if they're softer, then the leather looks like crap in no time. I like firm seats, but just wish they were a bit more ergonomic. They're still one of the most comfortable seats I've owned, so they're fine in my book. The most comfortable seats are the Tesla ones (the upgraded white interior), but they're not leather, so they can be 'squishier'. The material is amazing though. Nobody thinks it's not leather. Ha ha. The downside is in summer they feel hotter, since they 'wrap you'.

steelers

Reaction score
This is what the dealership left me with when they replaced my leather seat cover..

Attachments

• IMG_20211124_174128666_HDR-1.jpg
    IMG_20211124_174128666_HDR-1.jpg
    299.8 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20211124_174207974_HDR.jpg
    IMG_20211124_174207974_HDR.jpg
    416.8 KB · Views: 14

Gene

Reaction score
send those pictures to Hyundai customer service tell them you would like to have them send it to an out side shop to fix what the dealership messed up
Anyone can see they don't know what they are doing

steelers

Reaction score
send those pictures to Hyundai customer service tell them you would like to have them send it to an out side shop to fix what the dealership messed up
Anyone can see they don't know what they are doing
Intend to call my contact at Corporate Monday...
Dealership called today after a I wrote poor review...
Told them I wasted most of my day at dealership...for this!
Prior to work being started,I suggested it be sent out..service writer told me they have good guy here for this.
Results speak for themselves..plus the heated seat is not as good as before..

Gene

Reaction score
looks like someone just ripped the old covering off damaging the bolstering and foam.
Then tried to put new covering on what was damaged
Had trouble getting the covering to go in to position so left it where ever.
I've never heard of a dealership recovering a leather seat

steelers

Reaction score
looks like someone just ripped the old covering off damaging the bolstering and foam.
Then tried to put new covering on what was damaged
Had trouble getting the covering to go in to position so left it where ever.
I've never heard of a dealership recovering a leather seat
The bolster was supposed to be replaced with new also..
Now they want me to come back in 2 weeks if it does not self correct..
What a crock !

Trkdrvremt

Reaction score
One thing I noticed after the update was that after turning off the vehicle, and then opening the door, the music fades. If I remember right, it used to just stop? Not a major deal. Just a little nuance.
Yep... It definitely fades now. I actually like it better.. Lol

elp_jc

Reaction score
I've had issues with right seat airbag sensors many times, and it was NEVER corrected to factory fit, even by specialty upholstery shops. The only time I demanded a new seat (and got it) we regretted it, since the leather tone was obviously different. Since we had to agree if Acura replaced the entire seat, we wouldn't be able to make a claim on that (which was fair), I ended up trading the MDX almost new, for something else, since the different seat looked awful. But the fit above is awful, so I'd definitely demand to correct it... but don't expect factory fit.

steelers

Reaction score
I've had issues with right seat airbag sensors many times, and it was NEVER corrected to factory fit, even by specialty upholstery shops. The only time I demanded a new seat (and got it) we regretted it, since the leather tone was obviously different. Since we had to agree if Acura replaced the entire seat, we wouldn't be able to make a claim on that (which was fair), I ended up trading the MDX almost new, for something else, since the different seat looked awful. But the fit above is awful, so I'd definitely demand to correct it... but don't expect factory fit.
Well I do expect "factory fit" Hyundai boasts about their great warranty. They messed it up,even after I suggested to send it out.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I guess that will depend if you have a great upholstery job in your city, but there's no way in hell any Hyundai dealer would be able to do that. You'd have to demand taking your vehicle to a specialty upholstery shop, and pray they can match a factory job (nobody could here). I'm ultra picky with my vehicles, especially the interior, so I ended up trading the vehicles that had airbag seat sensor issues because of that. Fortunately, whoever was making those stupid sensors finally got their act together, and it hasn't happened in a while. And yes, it got expensive. Ha ha.