Maps showing OFFLINE mode only!!

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Goldie

Reaction score
Hi everyone

how are you guys doing?
So I have a 2021 Hyundai Palisade ultimate calligraphy.
For a week or so, my navigation doesn’t show online mode, like traffic etc. Whenever I set a destination, it says only available in offline mode.
I am attaching a picture here for quick reference.
Is it related to Sirius XM subscription?
Please guide and help.
Thanks
Goldie FCBBBDCB-C161-498F-BDAD-02CB77A28A2C.jpeg

Eric2203

Reaction score
Hi everyone

how are you guys doing?
So I have a 2021 Hyundai Palisade ultimate calligraphy.
For a week or so, my navigation doesn’t show online mode, like traffic etc. Whenever I set a destination, it says only available in offline mode.
I am attaching a picture here for quick reference.
Is it related to Sirius XM subscription?
Please guide and help.
Thanks
Goldie View attachment 2382
Looks like Blue Link server-based routing isn't working. Maybe a server issue or a cellular issue on your end (although your internet-based weather appears to work). Did you try the pressing the Offline Routing button below the "Unsuccessful" messages?

I've actually seen one other post like yours on another forum in the past 24h. Maybe Blue Link's servers are having issues.

cipher

Reaction score
I've had this issue for a couple of weeks now. Called Bluelink support last week and the said they would look into it and send me an email.

Where are you located? I'm in Canada if it helps.

Goldie

Reaction score
I’m in Canada too; I’m also calling Bluelink but no response. Will call again tomorrow.

chp

Reaction score
Just from what I read: One of the recent updates broke the bluelink based routing for peopel who are are older revisions. It happended to me too. I was resisiting to update because we liked the three screen home page. From what I read, if you update, this probelm goes away. My plan is to update this weekend.

Goldie

Reaction score
Thanks for the reply; do you know how to update? I have no idea how do we update! Thanks again

elp_jc

Reaction score
Nav should work without BlueLink, so I don't understand what the issue is. And what the heck is 'offline mode'? That's the regular mode of all other Nav systems, no? If that's the case, it should work perfectly in 'offline mode'. I'm not going to pay extra for that BlueLink crap when it expires, so hope that's not going to have any issues with the Nav, and other systems. The good news is I'm almost 5 years for that to happen :). Good luck.

chp

Reaction score
Nav should work without BlueLink, so I don't understand what the issue is. And what the heck is 'offline mode'? That's the regular mode of all other Nav systems, no? If that's the case, it should work perfectly in 'offline mode'. I'm not going to pay extra for that BlueLink crap when it expires, so hope that's not going to have any issues with the Nav, and other systems. The good news is I'm almost 5 years for that to happen :). Good luck.
Off line mode is when it does not get info from bluelink (e.g., route options). Off line mode works like a regular GPS.

Gene

Reaction score
Have you gone on to your myhyundai account and looked to see if your blue link is active?
Have you done the map update version 15?
The navigation now uses bluelink to calculate your route. If your bluelink isn't active or being interrupted
it will do the routing from the loaded maps in your system. ( Offline)
Our first 3 years of bluelink are free here in USA, after that you will have to do all your routing from
the maps loaded into the memory. Or pay for a subscription

Eric2203

Reaction score
You get 3 years free, not 5…

Goldie

Reaction score
Just got off the phone with Bluelink; it’s not bluelink issue. It has to do with Map Nav update. She gave me this number to call 18887570010. Will call it tomorrow. Thanks 🙏

cipher

Reaction score
I just upgraded to v15 and my route navigation works again. Thanks to chp for the info.

Goldie

Reaction score
Can you please guide me how to update? I’m in Canada and in all videos online , it’s all USA videos. I don’t have a my Hyundai account in Canada. So how do I update? Thanks
Please email me at jiteng02@hotmail.ca if you can. Thanks 🙏

Goldie

Reaction score
Off line mode is when it does not get info from bluelink (e.g., route options). Off line mode works like a regular GPS.
Hey Chp
Can you please guide how to update? I’m in Canada? Thanks 🙏

G

G-330038

Yes. Use the USB above the wireless charging pad. Takes about 30-40 minutes. Bring a book to read!😃

elp_jc

Reaction score
That's what I thought. Thank you. By the way, has anybody checked the difference from the 2 modes? I really doubt there's any. The only difference could be traffic, but most modern nav systems use traffic info from XM or even FM to re-route if needed. I guess it's just Hyundai trying to justify owners to spend money on that stuff. I won't. Ha ha.