Middle and back speakers?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

MissyLu220

Reaction score
We just took our first long trip in our Palisade and I couldn’t get the speakers adjusted so that the kids in the back could hear the Bluetooth audio very well. We had to blast it from the front speakers. I found the fader and balance controls but when I put it on the back speakers you could barely hear them even when sitting in the back. Does anyone know how to control the audio better to get sound in the back seat? I’ve tried to look it up but can’t find anything.

Jess1

Reaction score
That's weird. Did you some how turn on quiet mode? my Limited with the 12 speaker system makes it's self know in all seats.

kchaweufhd2274

Reaction score
I have noticed the same problem - it seems that the rear speakers are set to an overall lower volume compared to the front seat speakers to the point where it just sounds like the music is coming from the front of the car. I adjusted the fade to be slightly biased to the rear which helped, but it seems strange that it needs to be set that way. I tried it with and without quiet mode enabled and by making the fade go all the way to the rear speakers. When the fade is set to the rear, the sound is noticeably quieter than if the fade is set to go all the way to the front and also sounds like its muffled like the speakers are blown or something. I have the SEL model with all the packages and wish that the HK system was available as a separate package since for me not having a bench seat was a deal breaker.

G

G-940976

I have the 2021 SEL and I cannot seem to get the middle/rear speakers on either. Kinda weird because my Tuscon had that capability without the 3rd row.

Kvou812

Reaction score
May I ask what is 'quiet mode', and where is it? Don't remember reading that in the manual. Thank you.
Quiet mode directs sound to only the front speakers. In theory it's supposed to allow the front seat passengers to continue to listen to music while kids for example are sleeping in one or both of the back rows.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hey, thank you. It's a pretty nice feature. Haven't played that much with it yet, since I just got it home. And with so much crap in the manual, it doesn't do you any good to just read it and not being in front of the car to try what's new to you. I'm pretty good at getting the hang of new cars quickly, but as I get older, and the cars get ever more complicated, the learning curve is not immediate anymore. Ha ha. Take care, and thanks again for your great help.