Moonlight cloud...perhaps the weather is too cloudy?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Domenico

Reaction score
I just got my 2021 Calligraphy in moonlight cloud and beige interior. I did not see the color on the vehicle before I made the purchase. I see the color now... sort of. It mostly looks black to me even when the sun is out. I had to make sure several times it is blue and not black. I checked the VIN online; I used a flashlight up close to see the blue specs. I did several other things. Confirmed: the car is blue- an extremely faint blue. What I don't understand is the photos Hyundai has on their website and physical brochure. The blue is clearly visible. I want to say their presentation of the color is borderline false advertisement. Disappointing. Fortunately, the car is amazing in every other way, which makes up for the questionable color.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hey, at least you didn't buy silver, and got baby blue instead, which is exactly what happened to me when I bought a new M3 V8 sight unseen back in 2008. I was pissed off. How the hell can you call a blue car silver? Geez. Since that time, I never trust a color until I see it first :). You'll probably do the same from now on. Ha ha.

Domenico

Reaction score
Hey, at least you didn't buy silver, and got baby blue instead, which is exactly what happened to me when I bought a new M3 V8 sight unseen back in 2008. I was pissed off. How the hell can you call a blue car silver? Geez. Since that time, I never trust a color until I see it first :). You'll probably do the same from now on. Ha ha.
I washed it last night. The blue was visible albeit very faint. The car is still gorgeous. I do love it. Regardless, you can bet your M3 I won't make a purchase without seeing it first.

awedbychrist

Reaction score
I washed it last night. The blue was visible albeit very faint. The car is still gorgeous. I do love it. Regardless, you can bet your M3 I won't make a purchase without seeing it first.
My uncle had an old Chevy? from the 30's. It was so dark blue that many thought it was black. I loved the color of that car. Another uncle had a Chevy truck from the same era. It was blue blue blue. I loved that color too. I liked the midnight blue in the ads as well. It is good that some blue comes through on your car and that your car is gorgeous. It is nice to feel good about what you have.

Domenico

Reaction score
My uncle had an old Chevy? from the 30's. It was so dark blue that many thought it was black. I loved the color of that car. Another uncle had a Chevy truck from the same era. It was blue blue blue. I loved that color too. I liked the midnight blue in the ads as well. It is good that some blue comes through on your car and that your car is gorgeous. It is nice to feel good about what you have.
The color is growing on me more each day. I never liked black on a car, so this has been quite the adjustment. However, the styling of the car has made the adjustment easier than otherwise expected. It's just incredible styling.