MPG

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

tagrx

Reaction score
I am currently averaging 19.7 "city" MPG after 1 week. Lower than expected, but it actually ticked up over 1 MPG over the weekend. I guess my daily (short) commute wasn't doing the car any favors. How about everyone else?

tagrx

Reaction score
BTW - the above figure was based on "comfort drive" setting. I have begun using "eco mode" and I am expecting much better numbers... even with my short commute.

tagrx

Reaction score
4 weeks in. I switched from comfort to Eco. I am just above 20 MPG now. Next time I fill up, I am switching to Smart Mode. I am averaging 30 miles a day.

Soniczpeed

Reaction score
Can anyone explain the difference between comfort and eco mode? what do you lose when you go into eco mode?

Katiejunque

Reaction score
I have 700 miles on my Palisade. 300+ Interstate miles at 29mpg and the rest around town at 22mpg!
Very Happy!

Jthorsland

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my mpg so far with a vehicle of this weight but I have to say that the mpg displayed is very optimistic. My actual numbers are 2-3 mpg less

Mickey

Reaction score
I'm pretty happy with my mpg so far with a vehicle of this weight but I have to say that the mpg displayed is very optimistic. My actual numbers are 2-3 mpg less
I should add that the actual mpg is slightly higher than advertised

How about some numbers. Saying less than and slightly higher than is pretty meaningless without specific numbers. FWD or AWD matters also.

Jthorsland

Reaction score
2wd , dependent on wind on the freeway, 27 mpg today with 10 mph headwind,70mph. Last week 29mpg , 15 mph tailwind 70 mph. In town, 25mpg. I'm pretty easy on the gas pedal. When my wife drives it the gas mileage goes down 😎

Jthorsland

Reaction score
Having said that, my actual mpg calculated at the gas pump has been around 2mpg less than the numbers on the dash. I've only had it for a month so I will update my results if anything changes

Mickey

Reaction score
2wd , dependent on wind on the freeway, 27 mpg today with 10 mph headwind,70mph. Last week 29mpg , 15 mph tailwind 70 mph. In town, 25mpg. I'm pretty easy on the gas pedal. When my wife drives it the gas mileage goes down 😎
Having said that, my actual mpg calculated at the gas pump has been around 2mpg less than the numbers on the dash. I've only had it for a month so I will update my results if anything changes

Thanks! Last question, I think. What drive Mode are you using, or does that change depending on city or highway driving?

FFEMT6

Reaction score
BTW - the above figure was based on "comfort drive" setting. I have begun using "eco mode" and I am expecting much better numbers... even with my short commute.
Try Smart mode also, because it will adapt to the way you are driving. If you needed the Sport throttle response and transmission response for accident avoidance, merging on the interstate, etc, then it would be there. At the same time, if you drive it gently, it will switch to eco mode automatically. It adapts to what you need at any given moment.

Jthorsland

Reaction score
I use smart mode, but from what I understand, the only time this would affect mpg is if you were aggressive with the accelerator pedal. I can't imagine that it would make much difference.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Sounds like mine (the constant pedal rebounding), although she doesn't see it that way. I have hardly driven it since we purchased on the 8th, but hopefully will soon, and I will post my results.

relee86

Reaction score
I have had my 2021 Palisade for about 3 weeks. I am only getting about 16 mpg. I have been in Eco mode and Smart Mode. Any ideas what is going on? I do live on an island, so when I drive, I only go about 2-10 miles per trip out. I was really expecting better mileage from this vehicle.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I have 416 on my new Palisade, and I was pleasantly surprised at the highway mileage under the conditions I was driving in. Bought the SUV out of town/state, in ALB, NM, and before driving back home, spent a day there putting 150 miles in the city and mountain road, which is the best way to break in a new engine, with lots of engine braking. Then drove it home 266 miles. Had to use sport mode, since all other modes revert back to D when using the paddles almost immediately, and basically keep the engine lugging at right above idle. Not good at any time IMO, but even less for break-in. Anyway, it was very windy on the way back, and I was constantly downshifting mostly between 7th and 8th, but several times used 6th as well. And had a strong head wind, and to keep up with TX traffic mostly between 80 and 90, still got an average of 25.2 mph for the trip, which for a whale of a vehicle with a new engine, was quite good IMO. EPA says 19/26, so I know it's better than that even now at less elevated speeds.

MarshalLaw

Reaction score
What kind of fuel economy do you get when towing a 3200 pound travel trailer?
I have a 2020 Palisade Limited AWD.