• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Palisade owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

MPG

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hard to know, but a travel trailer is the worst trailer to tow for fuel economy (tons of drag), and being that heavy, I wouldn't be surprised if it's below 15 MPG. It'll also depend how fast you want to travel, AND the terrain. Mountanous roads would make it a lot worse. And pay attention to your payload; it's not that much (1,501 lbs on mine), and you need to substract the tongue weight from that, so about 1K-lbs left for all passengers AND cargo. Plus maximum tongue weight is 500, which you might be borderline close, so I wouldn't put anything in front of the trailer, like a storage box, etc. Good luck.

EMWLou

Reaction score
My Palisade
2022 Calligraphy
So I picked mine up on Monday the 10th. After 6 days of driving it, I'm getting horrendous MPG. 18 on the highway (at 65 mph) and 13 in the city. Its only slightly better than 15 combined. I am not hard on the pedal at all, so its not my driving. Nothing in the vehicle other than my 225 pounds. I've put 600 miles on it and I'm shocked at how bad the mileage is. I'm well into my 3rd tank of gas already. I've tried eco, smart, and comfort, they are all bad (with smart clearly being the worst). Reading through the forum, this is obviously not the norm. Anyone have any suggestions? Something clearly isn't right...

JoeNavy

Reaction score
My Palisade
2022 Palisade Calligraphy
I initially noticed that my mileage around town was not that great. I took a trip over to Dallas area and my mileage improved. Below is a image from my mileage tracking app. I have almost 4000 miles in 3 months. It was not my plan to put this many miles on the new car but so far happy with the expected mileage.

Attachments

• 4BBD1D31-320D-4587-BA45-589086D5D181.png
    4BBD1D31-320D-4587-BA45-589086D5D181.png
    836.1 KB · Views: 5

elp_jc

Reaction score
You're beating the combined average of 22 on the window sticker, so that's good in my book :). I probably get around that too. My typical 1,200-mile round trip to Austin is about 25 on the way there (80+ most of the time), and about 21 on the way back, since there's always a tail wind going, and a head wind coming back. So around the same as you average, which is really good at those speeds, and for such a large vehicle. I'm pleased with that.