My 2020 Limited experience after two months

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

akenhart

Reaction score
Hi:
I had two Kia Sorento SX models prior to test driving the 2020 limited Palisade. I was overwhelmed what a great vehicle this is. Placed my order on a white with beige interior October 26th and took delivery on February 19th in Columbus Ohio and drove back to Jacksonville Florida that day. I had to get used to all the bells and whistles in this vehicle but am now figuring it all out. Thursday evening as I was driving 4/9/20 I experienced a violent thud and the car kept going. I thought I had hit something but not the case.Next day I was on the highway and doing 75 mph and the thud happened again. Fortunately I was near my home and a dealership and drove in to have them check it out. The tech said the computer was reporting nothing so they took iy out for an 18 mile test drive and fortunately the same thing happened for them. The guy driving said it was really scary when it happened. I said it was so violent I thought the air bags might go off. Well another tech drove it and it happened again and the check engine came on and from what they say I probably need a new transmission with only 3400 miles on the car!! Needless to say I'm not happy about this after waiting so long for what I thought was going to be an awesome vehicle. Now I have a loaner until they figure out how this is going to be handled. Being these are made in Korea I wonder if a transmission is even here anywhere in the USA. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick resolution to this problem. Updates to follow.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Hi:
I had two Kia Sorento SX models prior to test driving the 2020 limited Palisade. I was overwhelmed what a great vehicle this is. Placed my order on a white with beige interior October 26th and took delivery on February 19th in Columbus Ohio and drove back to Jacksonville Florida that day. I had to get used to all the bells and whistles in this vehicle but am now figuring it all out. Thursday evening as I was driving 4/9/20 I experienced a violent thud and the car kept going. I thought I had hit something but not the case.Next day I was on the highway and doing 75 mph and the thud happened again. Fortunately I was near my home and a dealership and drove in to have them check it out. The tech said the computer was reporting nothing so they took iy out for an 18 mile test drive and fortunately the same thing happened for them. The guy driving said it was really scary when it happened. I said it was so violent I thought the air bags might go off. Well another tech drove it and it happened again and the check engine came on and from what they say I probably need a new transmission with only 3400 miles on the car!! Needless to say I'm not happy about this after waiting so long for what I thought was going to be an awesome vehicle. Now I have a loaner until they figure out how this is going to be handled. Being these are made in Korea I wonder if a transmission is even here anywhere in the USA. Keeping my fingers crossed for a quick resolution to this problem. Updates to follow.
Wow! I have heard others say that the auto transmission fluid was underfilled on their vehicles. Maybe that is the same thing in your case. Not sure I like the inability to check the fluid ourselves. Our SEL is just about at the same mileage. Keep us posted and good luck.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi:
I do hope you get this situated quickly and easily. What did they give you for a loaner? Things like this aren't as uncommon as you might think - especially with first year vehicles...

Hyundai/Genesis ut

Reaction score
I do hope you get this situated quickly and easily. What did they give you for a loaner? Things like this aren't as uncommon as you might think - especially with first year vehicles...
That’s right, it’s a first run. Remember the Ford Focus, should have been the Ford blurry! Lol

Zenar

Reaction score
Mechanical parts all have a failure nothing is every perfect. Lets hope they can fix the vehicle in a timely manor

Hyundai/Genesis ut

Reaction score
Mechanical parts all have a failure nothing is every perfect. Lets hope they can fix the vehicle in a timely manor
That’s so true, if it’s mechanical it should break, but my Hyundai’s have all been great, my wife has the new Genesis G80 and let me tell you it is far above anything domestic and over shadows Lexus and Mercedes, it’s a different world. Wake up people!!’

akenhart

Reaction score
Sonata which is fun to get into and out being a big guy. If this repair takes a long time I am going to need to rent a larger vehicle . I am disappointed I changed from Kia to Hyundai.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Alan_F

Reaction score
Sonata which is fun to get into and out being a big guy. If this repair takes a long time I am going to need to rent a larger vehicle . I am disappointed I changed from Kia to Hyundai.
The Kia Telluride uses the exact same engine and transmission as the Palisade.

Do you have AWD or FWD transmission?

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Well, as scary as that sounds, I know your right, at least in general terms and with all manufacturers.

steelers

Reaction score
Hi:
I have the same exact vehicle and reside 2 plus hours south of Jacksonville..

akenhart

Reaction score
I am hoping no one else has to experience what I did. Hoping they will fix this quickly but I think it is going to take some time.

akenhart

Reaction score
Hi:
Update 4/15/2020:
Well the dealer said after Monday that the shift solenoid for the 5th gear and the transmission harness need replacing. Parts arriving the end of this week. Fingers crossed .
More to follow as the journey continues.

Sparky

Reaction score
Hi:
Do you live in Ohio or Florida

LSUDC213

Reaction score
Where did you take it to, Jenkins Hyundai, Westside Hyundai or Hyundai of Orange Park?

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Update 4/15/2020:
Well the dealer said after Monday that the shift solenoid for the 5th gear and the transmission harness need replacing. Parts arriving the end of this week. Fingers crossed .
More to follow as the journey continues.
That's at least better news, fortunately. Glad they were able to diagnose it rather quickly.

akenhart

Reaction score
Well I got my vehicle back today. This is a problem that Hyundai already has a service bulletin out on this. Tech told me it happens in Genesis also. Well I hope all goes well from here. Fingers crossed and praying for better from here on. Over and out.

LSUDC213

Reaction score
Well I got my vehicle back today. This is a problem that Hyundai already has a service bulletin out on this. Tech told me it happens in Genesis also. Well I hope all goes well from here. Fingers crossed and praying for better from here on. Over and out.
Lets hope you won't have any issues. Do you have the service bulletin number by any chance? What is the main complain identified in the service bulletin?