Navigation screen

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new on here.
How quick does yalls screen boot up when you first start your Palisade? What would be too slow? I think I have a problem with mine.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
depends, sometimes it takes it 1-2 minutes. sometimes it is pretty quick.

there are times it is booted right after I start the vehicle and other times i am a mile down the rode before it is up and running.

what I have noticed is if the vehicle has been sitting >8-10 hours it seems to take longer, so likely doing a full bootup.

when I use the vehicle multiple times during the day and it isn't sitting for any length of time, the boot is rather quick, so likely it is some type of standby mode.

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Thanks. That's what mine seems to do also. Mine also stays on the blank or screen saver screen until I select something like the radio or map. It won't come up on the last thing I had up when I turn off the car. Is that what yours does too?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Im new on here.
How quick does yalls screen boot up when you first start your Palisade? What would be too slow? I think I have a problem with mine.
Welcome! Moving this to our technology section. :)

Kirbo

2021 Silver Lagoon SEL with bench seat
Reaction score
Mine comes up right away. I don't think I've ever noticed it not starting up right when I start my car. I have that screen that tells me the dangers of not paying attention and I have to click accept, but it's all there right away.

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Kirbo, I get that screen right away also actually. What does yours go to after you click Confirm? I get the spinning circle on the I guess screen saver screen. I have to then swipe right for the menu or touch the bottom left for radio to come up .

Kirbo

Reaction score
Kirbo, I get that screen right away also actually. What does yours go to after you click Confirm? I get the spinning circle on the I guess screen saver screen. I have to then swipe right for the menu or touch the bottom left for radio to come up .
I have never once gotten a spinning circle on my screen. It just comes up with the regular screen. I have a 2021 SEL with premium and it's got about 5000 miles in seven months on it.

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Kirbo Thanks. I have the same model. When you say regular screen, what screen would that be for you?

Kirbo

Reaction score
Kirbo Thanks. I have the same model. When you say regular screen, what screen would that be for you?
I am totally drawing a blank. I think it just goes to the (new) screen from the latest update, the funky dark screen. I am running errands later and will look then and try to get back to you.

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Ok great. Thanks for your help.. Thats the screen I get also. The dark blue screen. It may have the Hyundai logo on it if I remember right.

Kirbo

Reaction score
Ok great. Thanks for your help.. Thats the screen I get also. The dark blue screen. It may have the Hyundai logo on it if I remember right.
fullsizeoutput_358d.jpeg
This is the screen that comes up when I turn on the car. Is that what you get?

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Kirbo, yes that is the screen I get when I start up.

Mr iN. Where is the setting to choose what I want? I haven't come across that setting and didn't know there was one. Thanks.

Kirbo

Reaction score
that is the home screen.

if your settings are set to return to the home screen, then that is what you will get at startup.
Yes, we were just trying to figure out if we got the same screens at start up (she's having some problems with a spinning circle).

Larryg

Reaction score
View attachment 2217
This is the screen that comes up when I turn on the car. Is that what you get?
Been meaning to post this screen too. In case Hyundai is listening, since you did not make the greatest move in getting rid of the the 1/3 split screens in your last update, wouldn't it be nice to take this screen, which has all the basic info of temp, time, date, radio station and of course map and make this more useful by making the map into a real nav screen? Right now I don't need 1/3 of the screen to take up wasted space about the radio station. Actually if you move the clock to the left over the temp/radio station with the rest the nav screen, I think that would work quite nicely. Just a thought out of the remaining frustration I have about of the last map update.

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Thanks yall. My build date is Jan 2021 so I must have the last update. I sure don't have the 3 split screens which I liked when we first looked at the Palisades. I will see if I can find the setting to change the home screen.

Gene

Reaction score
Jan 2021 build would have come with the 14.10 update.
That is the one which did away with the 3 split screen

JamieWS6

Reaction score
Gene, is that the latest update available?
And no luck on changing the home screen. The only thing you can do is rearrange the icons.
My wife is fine with everything but I'm not. Haha

Gene

Reaction score
There is a new april 2021 update, it is 15.0 version.
not much difference from the 14.10 you have, just
some updates to the maps and some little things.
If you register and log into the owners Myhyundai.com
you can see where and how to update.