need advice: Telluride vs Palisade

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

whtmarlin

Reaction score
I have been researching both the Telluride SX Prestige and the Palisade Limited but haven't been able to drive either. Will get to drive a Palisade Friday. Did any of you test drive both and if so, how would you compare the ride quality and cabin noise? Plus, I obviously would have to wait for a Telluride based on lack of inventory. Just not sure if worth the wait. Can't even test drive the Telluride because they are selling before even getting to the dealerships! I love the interior of the Palisade but am concerned with wind/road noise. Ugh! Decisions, decisions! LOL!!

13_FST

Reaction score
I have been researching both the Telluride SX Prestige and the Palisade Limited but haven't been able to drive either. Will get to drive a Palisade Friday. Did any of you test drive both and if so, how would you compare the ride quality and cabin noise? Plus, I obviously would have to wait for a Telluride based on lack of inventory. Just not sure if worth the wait. Can't even test drive the Telluride because they are selling before even getting to the dealerships! I love the interior of the Palisade but am concerned with wind/road noise. Ugh! Decisions, decisions! LOL!!
From what I've read, the Palisade drives more smoothly and has a quieter interior.

Telluride looks different and is more sporty. I own a Telluride but I've never driven a Palisade before, so my opinion is based purely on reviews.

suzukichic

Reaction score
I got to drive both and I like both equally. I only test drove the S in the Telluride but it was nice. I told the dealer I would love to order one in Prestige but they told me it could be November before I get it. I was severely disappointed with the lack of preparation Kia did with this vehicle. Yesterday, I went to get my hands on a Palisade and touch it. I loved it. When I first saw the Palisade, I thought it was fugly, but the look has grown on me and I find it refreshing with a unique signature look. It's beautiful with lots of tech that's different than the Telluride but the same. I love the digital gauge cluster and the blind spot cameras that appear in it. I was even torn with what color to get in the interior. I loved both options equally.

I now have a Palisade I should hopefully get this week as my dealer had to do a swap with another out of state. I needed AWD and there were non to be had here in the entire state.

G

G-376411

Driven both both no cabin noise. Both has same window glass telluride advertises this palisade doesn’t.

Mr68

Reaction score
I have a Palisade Limited and have noticed wind/air noise above 65 mph. It seems to be coming from the front doors or windows on both the driver side and the passenger side. I tried to reseat the windows but that made no difference. I haven't seen any discussion of this issue anywhere else yet. I test drove the Telluride but not at highway speeds. I preferred the aesthetics of the Palisade but that is only personal preference. Other than the slight wind noise, I think the ride quality is great and cabin noise is low.

Edubbiey

Reaction score
Which one did you purchase?

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

NBC

Reaction score
I test drove a Palisade SEL and a Telluride SX-Prestige. They had a Limited Palisade, and I’m disappointed that I couldn’t drive it (they said they couldn’t find it 😱) for a more apples-to-apples comparison. My daughter was riding in the second row, and my mother was in the 3rd row. We all noticed that the Palisade seemed to be a smoother ride, but it may not be a fair comparison if you are shopping for a Limited Palisade. Other Palisade trim levels have the German shocks, but the Limited has the same Korean shocks as the self-leveling Telluride, just tuned a bit differently. In addition, the 20” wheels on the Telluride SX would not be as smooth as the 18” wheels, which I think the SEL had. I may try to drive them both back-to back again, and if I can, I’ll update you.

Chris K

Reaction score
My wife and I were actively pursuing a Subaru Ascent, we love our 2010 Outback, I wanted the Limited, but it only had brown leather, she was adamant that she was not buying brown leather. After looking at it, she was a NO. We had pursued a Telluride, but was only able to see them in person, never drive one. Gotta be honest, didn't even consider the Palisade, I knew from research that they were related, but didn't have the immediate WOW impact that the Telluride had. that being said, right after we sat in the Ascent we were randomly driving by a Hyundia dealer and they had a Black/Black Limited sitting out front, kinda looked like it was getting purchased. Stopped in, was available, looked at it and told them we would take it. We have been in it the last 3 weekends and every time we get in/out of it we absolutely love it! I drove to Wyoming yesterday and only had to hit the gas peddle for 10% of the trip, it is an amazing ride. Reminder that our 2 previous cars are a 2005 Mazda 3 and 2010 Subaru Outback so we didn't have a ton of recent tech in our vehicles. We do love the comfort, look, and tech. We weren't sure about Black exterior, but its growing on us. Palisade Moutians.jpg

JeremyTD

Reaction score
Similar story. We were looking at 2020 Explorers and I suggested my husband at least look at the Telluride and Palisade. Once he saw and drove the Palisade I knew we weren’t going home without it. It’s feels luxurious without implying it’s cost.

Edubbiey

Reaction score
Chris K,
Congratulations on your purchase.

You’ve probably heard about the recall on the Telluride— something about the need for an automatic lock restraint for restraints that hold car seats in place. And the 2020 Ford Explorer, a Palisade competitor, is also under a recall. So much for quality control inspections. Hoping there are no recalls on the Palisade, which has the same power train as the Telluride.

I love my Palisade. Although it’s not a performance vehicle, it has good acceleration and handles curves expertly. I really like the HDA - when adaptive cruise control is activated the car will drive itself (autonomous driving) for a period of time, and it will inform the driver to steer if it senses steering is necessary. The surround view is also nice; I use it a lot for tight spaces and to assist with parking in stalls. What are some of your favorite features?

Chris K

Reaction score
So far, we love the room all around. Brought some baby stuff up to family from Colorado to Wyoming and barely needed the 3rd row area (we are a family of 4) the space is crazy... We got back in our Outback the other day and were like, this is too close!!! The rear seat HVAC is so nice, even though we got Black/Black the car is extremely cool and comfy... I would also say the Black interior makes it feel elegant... Too the point that I often don't feel like I need sunglasses.. I can just sort of drive .. The HUD is amazing! I don't even need the guage cluster except for gas.... The HDA or whatever that means is epic, such a nice road trip to not have to worry about the little things, I am in love with the Auto speed limit, how did I not have this before!!!! That's enough for now, but there is more for sure.

MeganB

Reaction score
So on July 26, I ordered a telluride SX. They didn’t make me put deposit down because they couldn’t give me a price. After 7 weeks of waiting without my car going into production and being placed on a material hold, and then the dealer calling to tell me that the window sticker of a similar car to what I want was $2k higher than the msrp online and would likely be my my cost, I had kind of lost my patience. In the meantime I had been researching the Palisade. Our local dealer got in a white SEL with the premium package and driver guidance with beige interior. It was the exact package I’d have picked and they priced it at msrp of $43,100. Test drove it, loved it, bought it and canceled my telluride order. I love the car and I’m sure I would’ve loved the telluride too, but this one is $4k less. 278C629E-7A6E-4DF9-AC6B-B9116872B233.jpeg

MeganB

Reaction score
Flying into Michigan next week to pick one up. I can't wait!!!! This has been months in the waiting.
Congratulations!! We got so lucky that the exact car I would’ve ordered (except maybe a different exterior color) was on the lot and we snatched it before anyone else. I love it so much and you will too!

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Going back to the comparison, the Palisade uses a different suspension than the Telluride. The Palisade is definitely softer riding than the Telluride. If you have any wind noise, its possible it could be fixed with dealer adjustments. However, the Palisade SHOULD be a little quieter than the Telluride...

CVP33

Reaction score
Going back to the comparison, the Palisade uses a different suspension than the Telluride. The Palisade is definitely softer riding than the Telluride. If you have any wind noise, its possible it could be fixed with dealer adjustments. However, the Palisade SHOULD be a little quieter than the Telluride...
I created a short list. I'm sure I missed something. But here's a short list of differences between Palisade and Telluride:

1) Styling interior/exterior - 100% subjective and it should be. You're the one who has to look at it everyday.
2) Center console - You either like the Palisade's push button shifter and how this enables more efficient use of the center console, or you don't. Wife loves that she has a place to put her purse with easy access.
3) Driver info center - Palisade is 12.3", 100% programmable and digital versus 7" digital + 2 analog, non-customizable gauges in the Kia.
4) Push button 3rd row decline is only available in the Palisade.
5) 20" wheels - black only on the Telluride, black chrome on the Palisade.
6) Palisade has different rear end suspension. Makes the ride VERY compliant. Shocks are supplied by 2 different suppliers. Palisade uses Sachs/ZF and are tuned to react faster than Kia which means it can actually be both more compliant and a better handler.
7) Palisade has more sound deadening and thicker glass. Makes for a very quiet ride, although the Telluride is not far behind.
8) Telluride has more space (2") behind the 3rd row. Slightly different length and body lines for the Palisade surrenders the space.
9) Palisade limited comes standard with self-leveling suspension. Telluride you need to order the trailering package.
10) Kia has power folding mirrors, Hyundai does not.
11) Both have 630watt stereos, Kia has 10 speakers, Hyundai has 12. I honestly could not tell a difference, but I. Sure some audiophile could.