New map update coming at the end of November

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Larryg

Reaction score
anyone guess what they mean by "newer vehicles". Still says the same thing so no update for the 2020 palisade beyond 13.47.44.680.101.5

NotThatPete

Reaction score
anyone guess what they mean by "newer vehicles". Still says the same thing so no update for the 2020 palisade beyond 13.47.44.680.101.5
I downloaded the update for my 2021 Palisade. The navigation upgrade app still doesn't list 2021, but the upgrade worked for me. It's a major system update.

Larryg

Reaction score
that was the latest as of August but the website says version 14.10 is coming end of November. Question is, will it be for the 2020 or "newer" vehicles which I can only assume will be for 2021. No one to call so guess we wait unless someone else chimes in with more info

NotThatPete

Reaction score
that was the latest as of August but the website says version 14.10 is coming end of November. Question is, will it be for the 2020 or "newer" vehicles which I can only assume will be for 2021. No one to call so guess we wait unless someone else chimes in with more info
I could be wrong, but as I understand it, 14.5 update changed the map version to NAM.13.47.44.680.101.5. Update 14.10 changes it to NAM.13.47.50.610.201.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
14.10 gets you map version 13.47.50.610.201... incrementally higher than 14.5, which was 13.47.44.680.201.

The big changes this time aren’t the maps (it’s only been a few months)... it’s the UI.

Currently it is only available for download from Hyundai’s update.hyundai.com website. If you want to order a ready-made USB stick from Mapnsoft, you’ll have to wait until they have it available (probably in the next week).

They only list the update for 2020 Palisades with navigation, but based on history and some who have already done it, it will install just fine on 2021 Palisades.

NotThatPete

Reaction score
14.10 gets you map version 13.47.50.610.201... incrementally higher than 14.5, which was 13.47.44.680.201.

The big changes this time aren’t the maps (it’s only been a few months)... it’s the UI.

Currently it is only available for download from Hyundai’s update.hyundai.com website. If you want to order a ready-made USB stick from Mapnsoft, you’ll have to wait until they have it available (probably in the next week).

They only list the update for 2020 Palisades with navigation, but based on history and some who have already done it, it will install just fine on 2021 Palisades.
Yup, installed just fine on my 2021. Biggest gripe for some is that you lose the 3-way split screen home screen. I actually prefer the new layout with the 2/3, 1/3 split (which is what I used under the previous version). Also, presets and settings get saved under the Guest profile. If you rename and use the Driver 1 profile, you'll need to export and import settings, I believe. I'd only had the Palisade a week and a half, so hadn't really populated my presets.

joliver

Reaction score
Does it support full screen Android Auto??
This.

Does Android Auto let me have a display for my phone and my apps on the screen in the car?

Also... when I bought my '09 Santa Fe, the built-in navigation system required updates from I think the same company, mapnsoft, but for $199 a pop! And they almost immediately stopped providing them for my car... the navigation system got more and more out-of-date and nobody at Hyundai or MapNSoft cared. Are we ina similar situation with the Palisade?

Eric2203

Reaction score
Does it support full screen Android Auto??
Nope, Still 2/3 AA, 1/3 blank or built-in widget (if you enable that).
This.

Does Android Auto let me have a display for my phone and my apps on the screen in the car?

Also... when I bought my '09 Santa Fe, the built-in navigation system required updates from I think the same company, mapnsoft, but for $199 a pop! And they almost immediately stopped providing them for my car... the navigation system got more and more out-of-date and nobody at Hyundai or MapNSoft cared. Are we ina similar situation with the Palisade?
AA does work, but see above for caveat.

You get updates for newer Hyundais by going to https://update.hyundai.com. It’s a free download.

Mapnsoft only provides updates on USB sticks now. They only cost $25 + shipping. It’s not the $145 it used to be (you mentioned $199 for your ‘09 Santa Fe, but it was always $145 for my ‘12 Sonata). You have to do it this way for older Hyundais, as they don’t provide a download. But for $25 + shipping, I’m not complaining. You can also do this for the Palisade, but why would you. The download is free.

candreas

Reaction score
Is there a change log or a list of new features. changes or fixes somewhere. Sorry I'm new to this I've just had the Palisade for a month. I'm trying to determine if it is worth the update.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
Is there a change log or a list of new features. changes or fixes somewhere. Sorry I'm new to this I've just had the Palisade for a month. I'm trying to determine if it is worth the update.
There should be once the update goes live on their shipping site (where you can order a USB stick for $25 with the update already installed). That site has always had a nice document with all of the updates (changes to the maps, new features, etc). Presumably that will happen this coming week.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Yes. Well, still waiting for release notes for the update that just came out, but we have them for previous updates. Chances are, you are a couple of versions behind.

Yes, it’s worth the updates. They do more than just update the maps. They also update/add features. Even if you’re just interested in map updates, they add to the list of roads that are HDA-capable (Highway Drive Assist), so it’s worth it just for that.

candreas

Reaction score
One last question, is this update safe to load on a 2021 Palisade? I ask because it is not listed.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!