New map update coming at the end of November

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

NotThatPete

Reaction score
Anything cool in the update?
It's a completely different UI, and you lose the 3-way split screen (I preferred the 2-way anyway). Here's a LINK TO THE MANUAL that has some screenshots. I like it, and am glad I updated. The strangest thing is that the sun icon in the weather display has turned from yellow to blue.

Driver32

Reaction score
Installed the update on our 2021 and like the new features, however it seems to have broken Lane Following Assist (LFA) - the Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) still works, but it wont keep itself centered in lane any longer when on interstate, etc. even when the icon turns green. Anyone noticed this issue?

candreas

Reaction score
Installed the update on our 2021 and like the new features, however it seems to have broken Lane Following Assist (LFA) - the Lane Keeping Assist (LKA) still works, but it wont keep itself centered in lane any longer when on interstate, etc. even when the icon turns green. Anyone noticed this issue?
I have installed the update and I have not noticed a problem. I use it all the time too. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.

Driver32

Reaction score
I have installed the update and I have not noticed a problem. I use it all the time too. Maybe I'm not understanding what you mean.

No that’s indeed what has happened to ours. Post-update the lane centering ability stopped working, despite the update installing correctly. After some more testing I have confirmed It still works IF cruise control is turned on, but does not otherwise when driving (above 40mph). The options are still enabled in the settings. Our 2021 is an October build and only has 100 miles on it. Took it to the dealer and they aren’t entirely sure what happened but are awaiting a version of the update on USB from Hyundai to see if that helps. Could be a fluke but looking for others to confirm no issues there. One thing I need to test is whether it works under guest profile or something odd like that.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
No that’s indeed what has happened to ours. Post-update the lane centering ability stopped working, despite the update installing correctly. After some more testing I have confirmed It still works IF cruise control is turned on, but does not otherwise when driving (above 40mph). The options are still enabled in the settings. Our 2021 is an October build and only has 100 miles on it. Took it to the dealer and they aren’t entirely sure what happened but are awaiting a version of the update on USB from Hyundai to see if that helps. Could be a fluke but looking for others to confirm no issues there. One thing I need to test is whether it works under guest profile or something odd like that.
The lane-centering (lane following assist) is only happening when the car is steering for you, and that’s when you have a green steering wheel in your display. That will only occur when smart cruise is enabled.

You can have lane keep/departure assist working regardless of cruise setting, and that will be working if the glyph of a road has turned to green. In those cases, it will try to keep you in your lane or scold you if you try to leave it, but it will not center you. That will only function when it can read the road’s lane markings and if you are going a sufficient speed (usually 35-40 mph).

So it really sounds like everything is actually working for you, you just haven’t had your vehicle long enough to know how it operates (or haven’t read the books).

Driver32

Reaction score
The lane-centering (lane following assist) is only happening when the car is steering for you, and that’s when you have a green steering wheel in your display. That will only occur when smart cruise is enabled.

You can have lane keep/departure assist working regardless of cruise setting, and that will be working if the glyph of a road has turned to green. In those cases, it will try to keep you in your lane or scold you if you try to leave it, but it will not center you. That will only function when it can read the road’s lane markings and if you are going a sufficient speed (usually 35-40 mph).

So it really sounds like everything is actually working for you, you just haven’t had your vehicle long enough to know how it operates (or haven’t read the books).

Thanks for pointing out that smart cruise must be enabled - that is different than the 3 other cars we have owned with similar lane following (a BMW, a Honda, and also a 2021 Kia Soul on which I have also installed the similar November update)...all of them provide lane following regardless of cruise control use. I've read through both manuals but didn't catch that distinction on the Hyundai but I see the notation now. So just to be clear, by "enabled" does that mean you have to set a speed and have it maintaining speed as well, or just to have the "cruise" itself on. I don't remember having to set a Cruise speed before the update to have it auto steer, but maybe I was mistaken. Not sure why our dealer didn't catch that either.

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
So just to be clear, by "enabled" does that mean you have to set a speed and have it maintaining speed as well, or just to have the "cruise" itself on.
Enabled means the cruise button is on and it is currently set to a speed (and the cancel button hasn’t been pushed). It’s easy to tell if LFA is active because you will see that little steering wheel in the cluster. It will be lit green when it’s actually working.

Zenar

Reaction score
It's a completely different UI, and you lose the 3-way split screen (I preferred the 2-way anyway). Here's a LINK TO THE MANUAL that has some screenshots. I like it, and am glad I updated. The strangest thing is that the sun icon in the weather display has turned from yellow to blue.
So is there no more apply car play?

G

G-754330

Yup, installed just fine on my 2021. Biggest gripe for some is that you lose the 3-way split screen home screen. I actually prefer the new layout with the 2/3, 1/3 split (which is what I used under the previous version). Also, presets and settings get saved under the Guest profile. If you rename and use the Driver 1 profile, you'll need to export and import settings, I believe. I'd only had the Palisade a week and a half, so hadn't really populated my presets.
Be careful, Android auto doesn't work after upgrade.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Dlrollins

Reaction score
I downloaded the update, but struggled to find the Update Install procedure anywhere in the Hyundai Palisade literature. I finally thought to look at Kia Telluride's procedure and there it was. Also after installation, my XMSirius Radio presets were gone. I had to reset them.

Gene

Reaction score
I downloaded the update, but struggled to find the Update Install procedure anywhere in the Hyundai Palisade literature. I finally thought to look at Kia Telluride's procedure and there it was. Also after installation, my XMSirius Radio presets were gone. I had to reset them.
If your missing you previous destinations and other information, it was all put in the quest log on.
You can copy it to a usb drive then reinstall to the driver 1 if that is where you want it.
Real pain that they didn't give us a place to select the driver 1 log on as a place to send info
when updating.

Eric2203

Reaction score
When you go to the update site (Official Hyundai Motors Navigation Update Website), there is a big link in the middle of the page called "Update Guide". Click on it, and on the next page, there are 4 steps. The last one is "Vehicle" Click on that and it'll show you how to update.

PaulZooms

Reaction score
Be careful, Android auto doesn't work after upgrade.
I suspect your phone is the issue given the number of “works for me replies.”

What brand and model phone do you have? Do you have the latest Android version installed? Is your phone vendor a laggard at adopting new Android versions?