New map update coming at the end of November

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

candreas

Reaction score
When person reported having voice recognition problems is anyone else who's done the update having that problem?

Gene

Reaction score
I just tried mine and the steering wheel button worked for me.
I tried it because I normally use the blue link button on the top console

Gene

Reaction score
I recommend not installing. I just installed and voice recognition directions are wayyy worse. I used to be able to say find elmonica elementary school (a local school) and it found it no problem. Now it brings up nothing useful. I tried this with a few locations and it had the same problem. I tried using the rest button just in case, but no good. ALSO, the blue link button now had the same issue of not finding the location. I know the voice recognition. Is working as it displays what I said.
I'm in Glendale, Arizona. Pressed the steering wheel button said find elmonica elementary school, in Beaverton ,OR.
It returned a list of 20 schools in Beaverton, OR, But it doesn't show an Elmonica listed.
Guess it isn't listed on soundhound's site

candreas

Reaction score
After the update my odometer and speedometer is set to kilometers. How do I set it back to miles. This shouldn't be hard but I can't find it...

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
After the update my odometer and speedometer is set to kilometers. How do I set it back to miles. This shouldn't be hard but I can't find it...
It’s in your nav settings.

Setup > Nav > display > information > units

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

philosopher42

Reaction score
I'm in Glendale, Arizona. Pressed the steering wheel button said find elmonica elementary school, in Beaverton ,OR.
It returned a list of 20 schools in Beaverton, OR, But it doesn't show an Elmonica listed.
Guess it isn't listed on soundhound's site
Yes, it also doesn't find a bunch of things it used to find on mine. I submitted a ticket (actually three as it was not clear which one I should use) to Hyundai/Mapnsoft and they are trying to reproduce it. I was impressed how quickly they contacted me. I suspect the root cause is because of the change to Soundhound. I gave them an example of another place that shows up in the Places list if I manually type it, but it just doesn't find it when the voice recognition is used. This is despite the voice recognition getting the spelling exactly right. It is either using a database in Soundhound that is pretty poor or the matching algorithm is wacked since I know it understands exactly what I said. The old method I think used Google behind the scenes, right?

philosopher42

Reaction score
I just tried mine and the steering wheel button worked for me.
I tried it because I normally use the blue link button on the top console
I did try some of the other items listed in the Soundhound demo and they all worked. I then ran through some common places I travel to in the local area and those were the ones that failed. If I gave it a specific address it worked. I also noticed that before where I would get different results when using the steering wheel and the bluelink buttons I now seem to get similar results. However, this might just be bad recollection on my part of what results I used to get.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hey guys, there's no need for a software update of the infotainment on my 2021 with 02/21 build date, right? It already has the crappy old-lightbulb station numbers, and only 2 screen splits.

As far as the map update, tried downloading it to my computer first, but couldn't transfer the files to a 64Gb USB stick without errors. Don't understand why, and there was no explanation for the errors. So right now I'm trying downloading directly from the downloader program to the USB, and so far so good with 86% done. Maybe I needed to copy the entire Palisade folder, or even the 'NaU' folder, rather than the files inside. I was looking for precise instructions on what exactly to transfer, but couldn't find anything specific. The funny thing is it took like 3 hours to download the files into my computer the other day, and after erasing everything, and launching the downloader program again, but this time directly to the USB, the files appeared on my 'download' folder as well, and this time with a bunch more files than last time. Go figure. Hope no errors, so I can hook up the SUV to my charger, and start the downloading process with just the ignition on, which is what I did with my Ford vehicles.

steelers

Reaction score
Hey guys, there's no need for a software update of the infotainment on my 2021 with 02/21 build date, right? It already has the crappy old-lightbulb station numbers, and only 2 screen splits.

As far as the map update, tried downloading it to my computer first, but couldn't transfer the files to a 64Gb USB stick without errors. Don't understand why, and there was no explanation for the errors. So right now I'm trying downloading directly from the downloader program to the USB, and so far so good with 86% done. Maybe I needed to copy the entire Palisade folder, or even the 'NaU' folder, rather than the files inside. I was looking for precise instructions on what exactly to transfer, but couldn't find anything specific. The funny thing is it took like 3 hours to download the files into my computer the other day, and after erasing everything, and launching the downloader program again, but this time directly to the USB, the files appeared on my 'download' folder as well, and this time with a bunch more files than last time. Go figure. Hope no errors, so I can hook up the SUV to my charger, and start the downloading process with just the ignition on, which is what I did with my Ford vehicles.
Too much time and trouble..
There must be an esy way...or I will just live with what came with my 2020...
Can this just be done at oil change..or do they rip ya off?

Kvou812

Reaction score

If it fails again, you might try a smaller drive. I think all of us who have done it successfully used a 32GB USD stick