New owner burgundy/beige SEL w/Prem package

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

zoomzoomzoom

Reaction score
Just picked up a burgundy/beige Palisade this past weekend. We drove 4 hours into eastern TN to find one because FWD editions are rare in KY. I didn't want AWD this time because we just don't get much snow anymore. I picked up the last 2020 on the lot. We got a great deal on the vehicle, we saved $3k off sticker. This will be my third Hyundai. I still have my 2011 Sonata and I just sold my 2015 Santa Fe sport (first people to look at it bought it). I test drove a Toyota Highlander too, but the brakes on the Palisade were MUCH better and I believe the Palisade had a tighter turn radius.

I have a couple of kayaks and was happy to get a set of factory crossbars with my Palisade. Unfortunately, its a good 6" taller than my Santa Fe, but I can buy a step stool. My ultimate goal is to tow a small camper with it, so I will have to deal with finding a hitch, adjusting the wiring harness and getting a brake controller.

Happy so far with the new SUV and OMG it gets so much better gas mileage than my 4-cyl AWD Santa Fe. In the first hour of browsing here I have already found some goodies to add in my Amazon cart. No plans to rebadge it (which I find to be fascinating behavior).

Looking forward to learning more about the vehicle on this forum.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Just picked up a burgundy/beige Palisade this past weekend. We drove 4 hours into eastern TN to find one because FWD editions are rare in KY. I didn't want AWD this time because we just don't get much snow anymore. I picked up the last 2020 on the lot. We got a great deal on the vehicle, we saved $3k off sticker. This will be my third Hyundai. I still have my 2011 Sonata and I just sold my 2015 Santa Fe sport (first people to look at it bought it). I test drove a Toyota Highlander too, but the brakes on the Palisade were MUCH better and I believe the Palisade had a tighter turn radius.

I have a couple of kayaks and was happy to get a set of factory crossbars with my Palisade. Unfortunately, its a good 6" taller than my Santa Fe, but I can buy a step stool. My ultimate goal is to tow a small camper with it, so I will have to deal with finding a hitch, adjusting the wiring harness and getting a brake controller.

Happy so far with the new SUV and OMG it gets so much better gas mileage than my 4-cyl AWD Santa Fe. In the first hour of browsing here I have already found some goodies to add in my Amazon cart. No plans to rebadge it (which I find to be fascinating behavior).

Looking forward to learning more about the vehicle on this forum.
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Palisade. I'm glad you found us! :)

Kirbo

2021 Silver Lagoon SEL with bench seat
Reaction score
I have to admit, I had to RTFM to figure out how to open the fuel door! :ROFLMAO:
I only knew how to open it because I've seen others mention that. I saw someone else say they arrived at the gas station and had to google how to open the fuel door. If not for those before me, I'd have had to do the same.