New owner questions

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Julia

Reaction score
You don't need to have your seat belt on. You just have to release the parking brake manually instead of the car doing it for you automatically.
[/QUOTE thanks so much, Eric! I won't tell my husband because he's forced to put his seatbelt on prior to 3 minutes of annoying dings, but it'll be convenient for me!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Julia

Reaction score
You don't need to have your seat belt on. You just have to release the parking brake manually instead of the car doing it for you automatically.
Eric,I just tried this earlier today, and got the message that doors and hatch needed to be shut (they were) and seatbelt had to be on to disengage the parking brake. Weird. I had stopped outside of my garage to look at something. Not a huge deal, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks!

Eric2203

Reaction score
Eric,I just tried this earlier today, and got the message that doors and hatch needed to be shut (they were) and seatbelt had to be on to disengage the parking brake. Weird. I had stopped outside of my garage to look at something. Not a huge deal, but I'm not sure what I did wrong. Any ideas? Thanks!
Weird. I know I've done it before when I didn't have my seat belt on. Pressing the gas pedal didn't disengage it because I didn't have it on, and it told me that, but using the button on the left side of the steering wheel, I was able to disengage the parking brake without my seat belt on.

Julia

Reaction score
Weird. I know I've done it before when I didn't have my seat belt on. Pressing the gas pedal didn't disengage it because I didn't have it on, and it told me that, but using the button on the left side of the steering wheel, I was able to disengage the parking brake without my seat belt on.
You must have "the touch"! 😂

raggedy1

Reaction score
I just tested.

With ignition “on” and also with ignition on and engine running.
In both scenarios, with my driver side door open too, I am able to disengage the parking brake manually.

Then I put car in Reverse and was able to move the car too. Instrument cluster gives me a warning to put car in Park and a warning chimes, but I can still drive the car in reverse or Drive.

Julia

Reaction score
I just tested.

In both scenarios, with my driver side door open too, I am able to disengage the parking brake manually.

Then I put car in Reverse and was able to move the car too. Instrument cluster gives me a warning to put car in Park and a warning chimes, but I can still drive the car in reverse or Drive.
Thanks! You know, I had auto hold on--maybe that's why I didn't have "the touch"?

raggedy1

Reaction score
At any full stop, if activated, the Auto Hold will keep the car in place while you can lift your foot off the brake. I guess if people get tired of holding the brake pedal down at extended stoplights it can reduce fatigue.

When it’s activated a green capital A will illuminate in the instrument panel

Julia

Reaction score
I just tested.

Gee whiz...I don't know what the heck I'm doing wrong, because without auto hold, with doors locked and unlocked, without my seatbelt, and with my foot on the brake, I can't disengage the parking brake. It doesn't even matter except that NOW it's a challenge!