New Palisade Limited Owner

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

ejko

Reaction score
Kind of a crazy story. Been a Kia owner for years, so ordered a fully loaded Telluride in early December. After a month, still looking like at least a 4 month wait, so I canceled my order and went up the road to the Hyundai dealer to see how long a wait for a Palisade. The sales person excused himself for a few minutes and came back saying "How about today?". Turns out they just unloaded three White/Beige Limited Palisades that had all been ordered by customers. One of the customers was not able to secure financing so had to back out of the deal, and I walked in at just the right time. What an incredible vehicle. I don't know how Hyundai can pack so much into this SUV at the price they charge. My Sorento SX Limited had a higher MSRP, and it is not nearly the vehicle that the Palisade Limited is. I could afford to spend more, but why? BMW, Audi, or Mercedes would be $10,000 - $15,000 more, but other than the 'prestige' of a German name, I don't see the point. I do suspect the pricing is to establish a clear ladder to the upcoming Genesis GV80 SUV. Our benefit!

Pasilade

Reaction score
I could afford to spend more, but why? BMW, Audi, or Mercedes would be $10,000 - $15,000 more, but other than the 'prestige' of a German name, I don't see the point.
Hmm... BMW, Audi, and Mercedes are significantly more than $10,000 - $15,000 for similar features. :)

Congrats on your purchase!

ejko

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right... they are even more than I thought. I'll say it again... I don't know how Hyundai packs so much into the Palisade for the price they are charging. Amazing.

Palisade Forum

Staff member
Reaction score
Kind of a crazy story. Been a Kia owner for years, so ordered a fully loaded Telluride in early December. After a month, still looking like at least a 4 month wait, so I canceled my order and went up the road to the Hyundai dealer to see how long a wait for a Palisade. The sales person excused himself for a few minutes and came back saying "How about today?". Turns out they just unloaded three White/Beige Limited Palisades that had all been ordered by customers. One of the customers was not able to secure financing so had to back out of the deal, and I walked in at just the right time. What an incredible vehicle. I don't know how Hyundai can pack so much into this SUV at the price they charge. My Sorento SX Limited had a higher MSRP, and it is not nearly the vehicle that the Palisade Limited is. I could afford to spend more, but why? BMW, Audi, or Mercedes would be $10,000 - $15,000 more, but other than the 'prestige' of a German name, I don't see the point. I do suspect the pricing is to establish a clear ladder to the upcoming Genesis GV80 SUV. Our benefit!
Welcome aboard! And thank you for signing up. Congratulations on your brand new Palisade! Wow, that's some luck you have! That's awesome... :)

Gary

Reaction score
Picked up my Limited the other day. (white/beige AWD) Build date was 11/25/19. No wind noise and no problems on the 300 mile drive home.
Traded in a 2015 Jeep GCS.
Help!! I can't find the compass in the owners manual or settings in the vehicle.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

steelers

Reaction score
Picked up my Limited the other day. (white/beige AWD) Build date was 11/25/19. No wind noise and no problems on the 300 mile drive home.
Help!! I can't find the compass in the owners manual or settings in the vehicle.
Congrats...I have same vehicle as you..except mine has 62 miles and built two days after you..

Jtsr

Reaction score
I'm waiting a month for white/beige limited awd in Florida, awd aren't very common

Eric2203

Reaction score
You can get in on the digital cluster (use your steering wheel buttons), and on the infotainment screen (by sliding the panel in from the right that splits the screen 2/3 and 1/3 and sliding up and down in the small panel until the compass appears).

Jt1053

Reaction score
Look on the steering wheel and press the button next to the “cruise” button, it has an icon on it that looks like pages, and press, it should come up in your center cluster.

Jt1053

Reaction score
Look on the steering wheel and press the button next to the “cruise” button, it has an icon on it that looks like pages, and press, it should come up in your center cluster.
Thanks for the info. How did you figure this out? Was it in the manuals someplace?
I just was playing with it, I did not know about the infotainment panel that Eric wrote about

G

G-947110

I too was waiting for a Telluride out of state with no good news on the horizon. Was just talking to a Palisade sales guy Friday night when he spotted a Limited being offloaded a couple early. I jumped on it right unseen and will take possession on Thursday. This one is in state and closer. Local Palisade discovered no hope either. I traded a 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 and sold a 2018 RAM 1500 to reduce my fleet somewhat and come up with this one. Can't wait until Thursdsy!!!

ejko

Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm loving mine, and am glad it worked out the way it did. I have discovered I really like the upscale look of the Palisade versus the rugged look of the Telluride. I think I always felt that way but let all the Telluride press sway me initially. It's nice when things work out the right way.

House Hunter

Reaction score
I too was waiting for a Telluride out of state with no good news on the horizon. Was just talking to a Palisade sales guy Friday night when he spotted a Limited being offloaded a couple early. I jumped on it right unseen and will take possession on Thursday. This one is in state and closer. Local Palisade discovered no hope either. I traded a 2012 Mercedes-Benz ML350 and sold a 2018 RAM 1500 to reduce my fleet somewhat and come up with this one. Can't wait until Thursdsy!!!
How has your transition been from the ML350? I pick up my Limited tomorrow and I currently drive the same year ML350. I love my Mercedes and would have gotten another one, but I really wanted the 3rd row seating. I hope you are enjoying your new car!

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Congratulations! I'm loving mine, and am glad it worked out the way it did. I have discovered I really like the upscale look of the Palisade versus the rugged look of the Telluride. I think I always felt that way but let all the Telluride press sway me initially. It's nice when things work out the right way.
I feel the same way about the exterior style of the Palisade, and think the interior style is far nicer, and more practical too.