Noise from back of vehicle.

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Mtnhiker

Reaction score
Hi Palisade Owners,
I’m new to this forum and would appreciate any input. I have a 2022 Palisade Calligraphy, that‘s great except for the rattle that come from the back left side of the vehicle. It sounds like a metal sheet pan when going over certain road conditions. I’ve removed everything from the cargo area, the well area where the jack is stored, and the noise is still there. Anybody else experienced this?
Wanted to hear from other owners before I head to the dealership.
Thanks!

elp_jc

Reaction score
Sounds like something underneath the vehicle to me. Did you add a hitch? That could be the culprit. But either way, I'd get under there, and check the heat shields around the exhaust. When I installed the Curt hitch, I had to add foam spacers, and some Tesa tape at places, to avoid rattles on the right side, where the exhaust plumbing is. I have no such rattles on my 2021. Hope this helps. Good luck.

Mtnhiker

Reaction score
Thanks for your response. No, I did not have a hitch added/installed, but your thoughts on the heat shield are appreciated. I’ll have the dealership look at that.. it’s above my pay grade🙂

elp_jc

Reaction score
If you're not mechanically handy, might as well do that :). It could also be a loose shock mount, now that I remember reading about that too. Or some other stupid thing that should be easily found by any competent tech. Good luck.

Mtnhiker

Reaction score
Thank you. I read about the shock mount in a thread as well, but forgot about it, so thanks for the reminder.
Again, thanks for your help and input! 🙂

Swervie

Reaction score
I just had this issue fixed at the dealer. Had a metallic rattle on left side coming from a loose panel on the rear lift gate. The tech ended up having to take off the interior hatch panel and tighten up some loose nuts that holds the exterior panel in place. On mine it was pretty easy to figure out what was loose by hitting the hatch and hearing the rattle.

Mtnhiker

Reaction score
I just had this issue fixed at the dealer. Had a metallic rattle on left side coming from a loose panel on the rear lift gate. The tech ended up having to take off the interior hatch panel and tighten up some loose nuts that holds the exterior panel in place. On mine it was pretty easy to figure out what was loose by hitting the hatch and hearing the rattle.
Thanks. That sounds like where mine is coming from as well. Great information.. appreciate it!

LynnZimmerman

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Limited AWD
Thanks. That sounds like where mine is coming from as well. Great information.. appreciate it!
I too, had a rattle. I adjusted the rubber 'stoppers' on the bottom of the lift-gate. I found that fix after Googling it.