Order to Delivery Time

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Mickey

Reaction score
Possibly a duplicate thread but I haven't seen anything posted recently on this subject. What is the typical time frame you have experienced from when you place a specific order with a dealer until you take delivery? Also if the dealer required a deposit, and, if so, how much? Refundable or non-refundable? Inventory seems to be pretty slim at most dealers in my area (southeast Mass) so I will probably have to order once I decide what I really want.

Jt1053

Reaction score
Ordered Limited on October 21, delivered December 7. Southern Indiana dealership required a 500$ deposit, I don’t know if it was refundable.
john

Reaction score
I dealt with two dealers in two states including my own. Both $1,000 deposits were "refundable for any reason". I suppose it depends upon the dealer but with a vehicle in such high demand it would be a little unethical to do otherwise.

I lucked out. Had a deposit for a Dark Moss Telluride EX out of state that I expected to wait 2-3 months for. Was talking to the Hyundai internet sales guy in my state who said they were getting a Limited in a couple of weeks. He about hit the floor because as we were talking they backed one the truck!! I grabbed it.

NBC

Reaction score
Ordered my Steel Graphite/black interior Limited AWD on September 29th and took delivery of it in December 7th.

Bob Jensen

Reaction score
I ordered an all black limited, ultimate with all wheel drive on OCT 16th. I'm still waiting... almost 4 months now.

Alan_F

Reaction score
It's hard to know how long it will take to get the trim level and color you want. First, they try and trade with another dealer in the area. If that is not possible they try to get one that has already been built (or at least ordered by Hyundai USA and will be built soon) and have it allocated to that dealer on your behalf. If that is not possible, the request will have to go into the next factory order placed by Hyundai USA and it could take up to 3 months for units build in Korea (depends somewhat on shipping times).

Deposits are up to the dealer, since it is a agreement between you and dealer, not you and Hyundai. There is no guarantee that the dealer can actually get the vehicle, at least within a reasonable time frame, so make sure any deposit agreement states how long they have to get the vehicle. Right now Korean production is shut down due to Coronavirus and lack of parts that are sourced from China.

Due to the limited number of trim levels and option packages on Hyundai's, I have never heard of a non-refundable deposit, especially since the Palisade is in high demand. If you were custom ordering RR or Bentley with a weird combination of individual options and colors, I could see why dealer might want some kind of non-refundable deposit.

Jt1053

Reaction score
I ordered an all black limited, ultimate with all wheel drive on OCT 16th. I'm still waiting... almost 4 months now.
I don’t know where you are but if you’re anywhere close to southern Indiana there’s a dealership that has 3 of them listed.

Wcody1

Reaction score
I don’t know where you are but if you’re anywhere close to southern Indiana there’s a dealership that has 3 of them listed.
I've been the GM at Barnes Crossing Hyundai in Tupelo, MS for 10 years now. I ordered a black on black limited ultimate AWD Palisade for my wife (MONTHS AGO) that is expected to drop Saturday March the 7th. I actually ended up Leasing a Hyper White / Tan yesterday. You're welcome to scoop up my order if you'd like.

Wcody1

Reaction score
I've been the GM at Barnes Crossing Hyundai in Tupelo, MS for 10 years now. I ordered a black on black limited ultimate AWD Palisade for my wife (MONTHS AGO) that is expected to drop Saturday March the 7th. I actually ended up Leasing a Hyper White / Tan yesterday. You're welcome to scoop up my order if you'd like.

KRL09

Reaction score
My Palisade
Looking to get one soon
Possibly a duplicate thread but I haven't seen anything posted recently on this subject. What is the typical time frame you have experienced from when you place a specific order with a dealer until you take delivery? Also if the dealer required a deposit, and, if so, how much? Refundable or non-refundable? Inventory seems to be pretty slim at most dealers in my area (southeast Mass) so I will probably have to order once I decide what I really want.
I have the same question. I know the popular competition is upwards to 6 to 8 months now because I wanted one but got shot down by my family because of the many recalls that brand type had. They like Hyundai, so I'm going with a Palisade.

joliver

Reaction score
I put a refundable $2500 deposit on my car about a month ago, and I have three more weeks to go.

elp_jc

Reaction score
The good news is for 2022, there's only one beige interior (the one I didn't want, with blue/black/beige), so no chance of getting the wrong one anymore, like it happened to me. As probably mentioned before, there's no 'ordering' a Palisade. Once a dealer gets a VIN, ask for it, so you know exactly what you'd be getting, including all the added crap (floor mats, roof rails, cargo mats, etc). At that point, it can't be more than about 3 weeks. If a dealer says it's more than that, they're just probably guessing they'd get one like that IMO. And yes, the only way to maximize the chances of getting one is putting a deposit, get it in writing (along with the timing), and make sure it's non-refundable.

cataserban

Reaction score
What are the latest delivery times for Canada. I had my deposit down on Sept 26 and still no updates yet on delivery

Alan_F

Reaction score
What are the latest delivery times for Canada. I had my deposit down on Sept 26 and still no updates yet on delivery
There is really no way to accurately estimate that without more information. Your vehicle will not be built to your order, but your dealer will try and get one like you requested allocated to them from the vehicles that were ordered by Hyundai Canada from the factory in Korea months ago. Even if you got one reserved for you that just came off the assembly line on Sept 26, they don't send out ships every day from Korea to a port in Western Canada, and it takes awhile to get there by ocean freight, unload all the vehicles from the ship, and the Hyundai Canada importer has to get it through customs, do the distributor prep (add distributor options), and ship it by rail or truck to your dealer. Your dealer should be able to provide more details once they have more information.

Bottom line is there is no consistent delivery time from when you put down a deposit and when you take delivery. If you are flexible on colors, you have a better shot of getting one sooner.

steelers

Reaction score
There is really no way to accurately estimate that without more information. Your vehicle will not be built to your order, but your dealer will try and get one like you requested allocated to them from the vehicles that were ordered by Hyundai Canada from the factory in Korea months ago. Even if you got one reserved for you that just came off the assembly line on Sept 26, they don't send out ships every day from Korea to a port in Western Canada, and it takes awhile to get there by ocean freight, unload all the vehicles from the ship, and the Hyundai Canada importer has to get it through customs, do the distributor prep (add distributor options), and ship it by rail or truck to your dealer. Your dealer should be able to provide more details once they have more information.

Bottom line is there is no consistent delivery time from when you put down a deposit and when you take delivery. If you are flexible on colors, you have a better shot of getting one sooner.
Yours will be delivered April 1st. 2034

elp_jc

Reaction score
It's a better deal to buy it at MSRP when it's popular, than with 'Circle pricing' when it's not. Not sure if you can do that now, but you definitely had the chance to do it a few months ago, like many of us did. But to each his own, of course :). This was my first vehicle ever bought at MSRP (I bought it slightly below, but for practical purposes, paid MSRP), and I hesitated to do that initially... but when I realized there was nothing comparable to it even at thousands more, decided it was a good deal. And it's worth more than what I paid almost 6 months ago, so it was:).