Order to Delivery Time

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Alan_F

Reaction score
It's a better deal to buy it at MSRP when it's popular, than with 'Circle pricing' when it's not. Not sure if you can do that now, but you definitely had the chance to do it a few months ago, like many of us did. But to each his own, of course :). This was my first vehicle ever bought at MSRP (I bought it slightly below, but for practical purposes, paid MSRP), and I hesitated to do that initially... but when I realized there was nothing comparable to it even at thousands more, decided it was a good deal. And it's worth more than what I paid almost 6 months ago, so it was:).
The other consideration is that my Hyundai Genesis only has 71K miles, has brand new Michelin Cross Climate 2 tires and new TPMS units, and runs perfectly. Even when the pandemic is over, I will probably only drive about 2-3K miles per year.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Do you have any updates? I also did an order in September. Order status "In Progress"
Hyundai's are not built to customer order. The distributor, Hyundai Canada (or Hyundai Motor America for the USA) orders them in advance from the factory and allocates them to dealers. I am sure that your dealer has requested a Palisade from the distributor to meet your specifications, and they will try and get you one when they have one. If customer demand for a specific trim level and color is in higher demand that the quantify Hyundai Canada originally ordered well in advance from the factory, then it may take longer to find one.

piupiu

Reaction score
Hyundai's are not built to customer order. The distributor, Hyundai Canada (or Hyundai Motor America for the USA) orders them in advance from the factory and allocates them to dealers. I am sure that your dealer has requested a Palisade from the distributor to meet your specifications, and they will try and get you one when they have one. If customer demand for a specific trim level and color is in higher demand that the quantify Hyundai Canada originally ordered well in advance from the factory, then it may take longer to find one.
Thank you Alan for the explanation. Do you know how long that order could take now? I think my ordered trim is pretty regular: black, SEL premium, AWD.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Thank you Alan for the explanation. Do you know how long that order could take now? I think my ordered trim is pretty regular: black, SEL premium, AWD.
There is no telling how long it can take for the dealer to find the vehicle you want. It could be 2 weeks to several months. But SEL models are not in the highest demand compared to the higher level trims.