• In the 1980s and 1990s we used AOL and Usenet. In the 2000s there were forums and message boards. In the 2010s - and until the very near future - Facebook and Instagram. Something new is coming for Palisade owners... Become an early adopter of what's next by SIGNING UP HERE. Your email address will not be sold or used in any way other than us communicating more details as we prepare for launch - and we will not communicate often.

Order to Delivery Time

Alan_F

Reaction score
Hi Can you please provide your timelines from order to until now. We ordered Palisade Luxury here is Brampton in July and still waiting. What type of communications did you receive from Hyundai
As has been explained dozens of times on this forum, neither you nor the dealer can custom order a Palisade from the factory. Hyundai Motor America (HMA) which is the USA distributor, orders them from the factory far in advance and allocates them to USA dealers. The dealer can request a certain model, trim level, and color from HMA, or just accept whatever HMA sends them.

The availability of a car exactly like the one you want depends on how many were previously ordered from the factory by HMA and how many other dealers want the same vehicle. Also, some dealers are moving "requests" of customers placed earlier to the end of the line, if an newer customer is willing to pay more. Some dealers are asking $5-10K over MSRP these days. In other words, your so-called "order" is merely a request that the dealer try and find you that vehicle, and lots of things can affect when they get you one, including how much you are willing pay the dealer for one if the demand/supply equation changes since you requested the vehicle you want.

Hyundai Canada works quite a bit differently, because in the USA dealers are required to be independent businesses, and that is not the case in Canada. A buyer in the USA is not going to get an update from Hyundai Motor America on a request (what you call an "order") that the customer made from a dealer.

Last edited:

spalid

Reaction score
As has been explained dozens of times on this forum, neither you nor the dealer can custom order a Palisade from the factory. Hyundai Motor America (HMA) which is the USA distributor, orders them from the factory far in advance and allocates them to USA dealers. The dealer can request a certain model, trim level, and color from HMA, or just accept whatever HMA sends them.

The availability of a car exactly like the one you want depends on how many were previously ordered from the factory by HMA and how many other dealers want the same vehicle. Also, some dealers are moving "requests" of customers placed earlier, if the later customer is willing to pay more. Some dealers are asking $5-10K over MSRP these days. In other words, your so-called "order" is merely a request that the dealer try and find you that vehicle, and lots of things can affect when they get you one, including how much you are willing pay the dealer for one if the demand/supply equation changes since you requested the vehicle you want.
Ok that may be right and i am not too fussed with who ordered(Dealer or distributor or Joe Biden or Justin Trudeau) and who did not. I did get an email from Hyundai Auto Canada stating the below. I am just looking at fellow customers who are in Canada and in the same boat as me as to when they ordered and what communication they received from Hyundai Auto Canada. I am not worried about who that email belongs too but they have my email and know what exactly i ordered which is the part i am intrested in.

Dear XXXXX,

We would like to thank you for your pre-order of your new 2022 Palisade, MOONLIGHT CLOUD.

We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory. Your vehicle is expected to be built in 11/2021 and is number 5 in the priority sequenceΩ.

We will provide you with updates on the production of your vehicle, the unique VIN that will be assigned to you, and delivery dates.

Please contact XXXX HYUNDAI regarding your order.

We truly appreciate your patience as your vehicle is being built. It will be worth the wait.

Hyundai Auto Canada

Alan_F

Reaction score
Ok that may be right and i am not too fussed with who ordered(Dealer or distributor or Joe Biden or Justin Trudeau) and who did not. I did get an email from Hyundai Auto Canada stating the below. I am just looking at fellow customers who are in Canada and in the same boat as me as to when they ordered and what communication they received from Hyundai Auto Canada. I am not worried about who that email belongs too but they have my email and know what exactly i ordered which is the part i am intrested in.

Dear XXXXX,

We would like to thank you for your pre-order of your new 2022 Palisade, MOONLIGHT CLOUD.

We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory. Your vehicle is expected to be built in 11/2021 and is number 5 in the priority sequenceΩ.

We will provide you with updates on the production of your vehicle, the unique VIN that will be assigned to you, and delivery dates.

Please contact XXXX HYUNDAI regarding your order.

We truly appreciate your patience as your vehicle is being built. It will be worth the wait.

Hyundai Auto Canada
Sorry, I did not read you post carefully enough and didn't realize you are also in Canada.

BTW, the requirement that dealers not be owned by a manufacturer in the USA (unlike Canada) are state laws, not a US federal law. The reasons for those laws go back a long time ago when local politicians are the ones who got the majority of dealer franchises. Recently, some US states have relaxed those rules for Tesla, but there are some states where you cannot buy a Tesla, but you can buy it somewhere else and operate it in any state.

spalid

Reaction score
Sorry, I did not read you post carefully enough and didn't realize you are also in Canada.

BTW, the requirement that dealers not be owned by a manufacturer in the USA (unlike Canada) are state laws, not a US federal law. The reasons for those laws go back a long time ago when local politicians are the ones who got the majority of dealer franchises. Recently, some US states have relaxed those rules for Tesla, but there are some states where you cannot buy a Tesla, but you can buy it somewhere else and operate it in any state.
Yeah all i am trying to do is built a guesstimate based on other customers so i can ball park when my vehicle will arrive. Unlike USA we do not get Window stickers and no way to retrieve them either and the dealer has not received the VIN either. At times its really frustrating waiting and waiting not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.

Alan_F

Reaction score
I found this interesting info on the legality of having Tesla dealerships in various USA states. I am not sure how up to date this is, because Tesla is building a gigafactory in Texas, and Texas may have changed their law:

States with total direct sales bans
  • New Mexico (also bans service centers)
  • Alabama (also bans service centers)
  • South Carolina (also bans service centers)
  • Louisiana
  • Texas
  • Connecticut
  • West Virginia
  • Wisconsin
  • Nebraska
  • Oklahoma

States with limited sales
  • Virginia (2 stores, approval for 3 more)
  • Ohio (3 store limit)
  • New Jersey (4 store limit)
  • Maryland (4 store limit)
  • Pennsylvania (5 store limit)
  • New York (5 store limit)
  • Georgia (5 store limit)
  • North Carolina (6 store limit)

States for which Tesla gained the right to mostly unrestricted direct sales
  • New Hampshire (2013 law change)
  • Minnesota (2013 law interpretation)
  • Washington (2014 law)
  • Massachusetts (2014 court ruling)
  • Missouri (2017 court ruling)
  • Wyoming (2017 law change)
  • Arizona (2017 court ruling)
  • Indiana (2017 law change)
  • Rhode Island (2017 law interpretation)
  • Utah (2018 law change)
  • Michigan (2020 legal settlement)
  • Colorado (2020 law change)

I assume that those states not listed have always allowed unrestricted sales of a Tesla from a manufacturer owned dealer (store).

Alan_F

Reaction score
Yeah all i am trying to do is built a guesstimate based on other customers so i can ball park when my vehicle will arrive. Unlike USA we do not get Window stickers and no way to retrieve them either and the dealer has not received the VIN either. At times its really frustrating waiting and waiting not seeing a light at the end of the tunnel.
I suspect that buyers in Canada are actually in better shape than in the USA, because at least there is some direct communication between buyers and Hyundai Canada.

spalid

Reaction score
I am still waiting to hear what type of communications Canadian buyers got from Hyundai Canada for their factory orders .

zain1291

Reaction score
I am still waiting to hear what type of communications Canadian buyers got from Hyundai Canada for their factory orders .
Hi, I am a fellow Canadian ordered mine here in Ontario begining of Sept 2021.

Got an email from Hyundai Canada 14th October stating below with no delivery estimate.
We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory. Your vehicle is expected to be built in 10/2021 and is number 40 in the priority sequence.

Next received an email December 16th with below and estimated delivery on dealers system of Jan 17th.
As of December 16, 2021, your 2022 Hyundai Paliade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass Beige, SIERRA BURGUNDY has shipped from Factory.

Then I received the next email on January 10th with a new estimated delivery on dealers system of Feb 7th.
As of January 10, 2022, your 2022 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass Beige, SIERRA BURGUNDY has arrived at Vancouver Port.

When I say dealers system, they actually showed it to me at the dealers or they emailed me a screenshot of the update with my order details.

Goodluck!
Cheers!

spalid

Reaction score

Got an email from Hyundai Canada 14th October stating below with no delivery estimate.
We are happy to confirm your order has been placed with the factory. Your vehicle is expected to be built in 10/2021 and is number 40 in the priority sequence.

Next received an email December 16th with below and estimated delivery on dealers system of Jan 17th.
As of December 16, 2021, your 2022 Hyundai Paliade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass Beige, SIERRA BURGUNDY has shipped from Factory.

Then I received the next email on January 10th with a new estimated delivery on dealers system of Feb 7th.
As of January 10, 2022, your 2022 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Ultimate Calligraphy AWD 7-Pass Beige, SIERRA BURGUNDY has arrived at Vancouver Port.

When I say dealers system, they actually showed it to me at the dealers or they emailed me a screenshot of the update with my order details.

Goodluck!
Cheers!
Hi Zain1291:

Congrats on your update. The wait is over and it will arrive anytime soon. I just received an email yesterday with the below,

Exciting news! As of January 10, 2022, your 2022 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Luxury AWD 8-Pass, MOONLIGHT CLOUD has arrived at Vancouver Port.

It seems I missed getting the shipped email and the dealer here has no clue why as these communications are from Hyundai Canada directly. On the delivery now he claims after the vehicle has been offloaded from the ship it will be loaded on a CN Rail which will arrive at the distributors lot from where they have to arrange delivery to the dealership. According to him I can expect anywhere between Third week of January to 1st week of February.

zain1291

Reaction score
Hi Zain1291:

Congrats on your update. The wait is over and it will arrive anytime soon. I just received an email yesterday with the below,

Exciting news! As of January 10, 2022, your 2022 Hyundai Palisade, 3.8L Luxury AWD 8-Pass, MOONLIGHT CLOUD has arrived at Vancouver Port.

It seems I missed getting the shipped email and the dealer here has no clue why as these communications are from Hyundai Canada directly. On the delivery now he claims after the vehicle has been offloaded from the ship it will be loaded on a CN Rail which will arrive at the distributors lot from where they have to arrange delivery to the dealership. According to him I can expect anywhere between Third week of January to 1st week of February.
Awesome! Seems like your and mine were on the same boat and probably on the same rail/truck.

I got mine from Oakville dealer btw.

Cheers!

Gene

Reaction score
Does any one here in the USA really car if our dealer orders the Palisade from the factory or Hyundai Motor America.
I placed an order with my dealer they put in a request or order for the exact palisade I wanted 4 days after the manufactured
date on the Palisade my dealer furnished me my vin#.
Does a grocery store order eggs from a farm? they order from a distributor and some times the distributor orders from a warehouse
Hyundai Motor America is both a ware house and a distributor
All dealers order cars from their countries Hyundai division, which places their request to hyundai in Korea. The factory doesn't make
individual vehicles based on what our dealer wants. They produce a run of vehicles with certain specs, may be 10 , 100, 1000 whatever
the demand is for those spec's. the vehicles are then alocated to Hyundai Motor America, which allocates it to your dealership.
Some popular spec's are manufactured on a regular basis so factory can keep producing cars. The extra's are sent to Hyundai Motor America
and a dealership can get those much faster if they are already in a port holding area.
Any way you want to look at it I ordered my Palisade from Hyundai

elp_jc

Reaction score
On a related comment, is it my imagination that supply is getting better, due to less dealers looking to tack on ADM (or at least less than before), or still not the case? Just curious.

spalid

Reaction score
Awesome! Seems like your and mine were on the same boat and probably on the same rail/truck.

I got mine from Oakville dealer btw.

Cheers
Thanks zain1291 seems the end is near. Has been frustrating playing the waiting game. We brought ours from Brampton btw.

take care

Alan_F

Reaction score
On a related comment, is it my imagination that supply is getting better, due to less dealers looking to tack on ADM (or at least less than before), or still not the case? Just curious.
I saw a Hyundai commercial yesterday during an NFL game where they advertised their SUV lineup, including the Palisade. So maybe the supply is getting better or will be shortly.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Does any one here in the USA really car if our dealer orders the Palisade from the factory or Hyundai Motor America.
I placed an order with my dealer they put in a request or order for the exact palisade I wanted 4 days after the manufactured
date on the Palisade my dealer furnished me my vin#.
Does a grocery store order eggs from a farm? they order from a distributor and some times the distributor orders from a warehouse
Hyundai Motor America is both a ware house and a distributor
All dealers order cars from their countries Hyundai division, which places their request to hyundai in Korea. The factory doesn't make
individual vehicles based on what our dealer wants. They produce a run of vehicles with certain specs, may be 10 , 100, 1000 whatever
the demand is for those spec's. the vehicles are then alocated to Hyundai Motor America, which allocates it to your dealership.
Some popular spec's are manufactured on a regular basis so factory can keep producing cars. The extra's are sent to Hyundai Motor America
and a dealership can get those much faster if they are already in a port holding area.
Any way you want to look at it I ordered my Palisade from Hyundai
I think the reason it matters in the USA is that the Hyundai dealer can pull the vehicle and sell it to someone else (who will pay more), because Hyundai Motor America (unlike Canada) is not involved in the order (or request) directly with the customer. Also, when looking at dealer inventory online, if the vehicle is in transit from the factory, apparently the same vehicle can be listed on more than one dealer website in the same distribution area, because the distributor can re-route the vehicle to a specific dealer at any time before it arrives at a specific dealer (unless already promised to that dealer).

There are some cars from manufacturer's like MB, BMW, and Chevy Corvette, where the customer name is on the vehicle at the factory, but this is not the usual case because it takes awhile for a customer to get a car that way. Most of them are sold from dealer inventory. But you can actually go to Germany and pick up a MB or BMW from the factory and have it shipped back to the USA after you drive it around Europe for awhile. But now that many MB and BMW vehicles are made in the USA, I am not sure how that works.

G

G-157708

Goodluck!
Cheers!
I Ordered mine on Oct.26th.21 and recieve 2 emails along the way. One in December on the 16th letting me know that it had left the factory. The 2nd one on Jan.15th letting me know that my Palisade had reach the Vancouver port on the 10th of January. My sales rep. said it should be at the dealership early February, fingers crossed.

spalid

Reaction score
Congratulations. Th
I Ordered mine on Oct.26th.21 and recieve 2 emails along the way. One in December on the 16th letting me know that it had left the factory. The 2nd one on Jan.15th letting me know that my Palisade had reach the Vancouver port on the 10th of January. My sales rep. said it should be at the dealership early February, fingers crossed.
Congratulations the end is near. However is find this surprising that we ordered in July and there I someone I know who did in august and zain in September and now yours was in October and seems all arrived at the port at the same time. Where did you order yours from ??

Alan_F

Reaction score
Congratulations. Th

Congratulations the end is near. However is find this surprising that we ordered in July and there I someone I know who did in august and zain in September and now yours was in October and seems all arrived at the port at the same time. Where did you order yours from ??
Hyundai is more than likely building them at maximum production capacity in Korea, so even if you "ordered" yours earlier than others from Hyundai Canada, you may have to wait longer. It does seem like supply is getting better recently (because of increased production capacity and/or demand is leveling off). Also, the shipping schedule may not be as frequent as you think.

Gene

Reaction score
Congratulations. Th

when a palisade is made depends on a number of things, Calligraphy's are run in batches depending on
AWD , FWD, color combination is the biggest facture right now. A limited, SE, or SEL are run on a different
schedule on a different line.