Palisade AWD vibration/rumble between 65-73 mph

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

3sons66

Reaction score
Search this forum post. There is an official Hyundai Service Bulletin on this. Service should know this by now. It’s been a problem since 2019 on US 2020 Palisades. They replaced the rear propeller axle shaft on mine and it cleared the problem immediately. Very surprised you’re having issues with a 2022 model.. weird. My 2022 Calligraphy has been trouble free so far!!

haidenluke

Reaction score
Hello btfriend
thank you so much for sharing it. However it is very bad to hear, hopefully, your problem will be solved very soon. But I have a query for you, the thing is how much time do you need for 0-60 mph? If you have noticed that , pleaselet me know.
Thanks
haidenluke

olds9877

Reaction score
We just picked up our 22 Calligraphy two days ago and noticed a vibration in the entire car that feels driveline related not tires. Out of town dealership because they're very short supply. Called the local dealer today and they want it for the entire day because they're booked out past January, so I'll drop it off in a couple days for them to test drive. I'll update the forum as soon as I get it back with any information.

G

G-194570

We just picked up our 22 Calligraphy two days ago and noticed a vibration in the entire car that feels driveline related not tires. Out of town dealership because they're very short supply. Called the local dealer today and they want it for the entire day because they're booked out past January, so I'll drop it off in a couple days for them to test drive. I'll update the forum as soon as I get it back with any information.
I am planning to take a Palisade SEL and but reading this am worried now. Please keep us posted, fingers crossed

olds9877

Reaction score
Do you think SEP 2020 models are affected?
Can’t give you an answer on the 2020. We took ours into the local dealership and they balanced the tires again. Didn’t get a report on whether or not they were out of balance. We’re going to be taking a long road trip in the next week or so. I’ll give more feedback after that.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Do you think SEP 2020 models are affected?
I've seen complaints on all years, including 2022s. However, not all AWD vehicles have issues, so it's a matter of (bad) luck. The culprit has been either the main (center) shaft, or one of the half-ones. My guess is Hyundai (or supplier) should check them for balance, but their tolerances are probably too relaxed. What is always surprising to me is when automakers are faced with issues like this one, since it's not a safety one, they could take YEARS to address. And it's a damn shame.

TWM165

Reaction score
I've seen complaints on all years, including 2022s. However, not all AWD vehicles have issues, so it's a matter of (bad) luck. The culprit has been either the main (center) shaft, or one of the half-ones. My guess is Hyundai (or supplier) should check them for balance, but their tolerances are probably too relaxed. What is always surprising to me is when automakers are faced with issues like this one, since it's not a safety one, they could take YEARS to address. And it's a damn shame.
Any recommendation on what, exactly, to tell the dealer to get them to investigate/replace the shafts? I’ve taken my Palisade in a couple times now and the dealership has tried balancing the tires and telling me to drive more frequently to dissipate flat spots in the tires (neither approach has fixed the vibration, as I expected). My Palisade is a 2021, so when I cited the TSB that others have referenced, I was told it didn’t apply to my particular Palisade.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Any recommendation on what, exactly, to tell the dealer to get them to investigate/replace the shafts? I’ve taken my Palisade in a couple times now and the dealership has tried balancing the tires and telling me to drive more frequently to dissipate flat spots in the tires (neither approach has fixed the vibration, as I expected). My Palisade is a 2021, so when I cited the TSB that others have referenced, I was told it didn’t apply to my particular Palisade.
Tell them that just because the TSB doesn't apply to your car doesn't mean you don't have a bad one. They should still check it as part of their normal troubleshooting.

The TSB was issued because a systemic issue was identified on a batch of cars. It doesn't mean that it can never happen outside of that batch - it just means it's no longer a systemic issue. Your dealer should understand that.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Unfortunately, that's the same dance most other owners have had to endure. Time to ratchet up the pressure, to get them to fix the problem, now that the cheaper approach failed. And of course it's not the tires; geez. I'd look up for one of the multiple threads on the subject, paste the relevant posts (including the ones blaming it on the tires), and send it to the service manager. I'd also contact Hyundai's customer service, but don't expect red-carpet treatment there either. Ha ha. Good luck.