This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Palisade AWD vibration/rumble between 65-73 mph

3sons66

Reaction score
Hi,
The dealer replaced the front tires, that didn't fix it. Then the Hyundai tech told them to replace the main drive shaft, which is odd because during the first drop off two weeks ago they told me they measured the run out on it and told me it was well within Hyundai's specs. We drove it this morning and it was much better but still mildly noticeable between 68-72. We told the tech that it was much better, probably 80% better but was still present. We then spoke to the manager and they are going to speak with Hyundai. When we first noticed the issue in our car we had driven a second Palisade they had on the lot with their head of tech and the tech said it had the same issue as ours but not as severe. We noticed it in that vehicle as well. The dealer is contacting Hyundai corporate to see what they are going to do. I have had to take vacation time from work to deal with this issue with the car being in and out of the shop four times now so I'm hoping they can replace it with one that doesn't have the issue. Will keep this thread posted with updates.
NYS Lemon Law = 4 times in for the same issue on a new vehicle, they owe you a refund or replacement.

Mikey

Reaction score
Got my Palisade in late August. I thought I was just being picky but now I see others have the issue.
I do not get noise, just a small but consistent vibration up through the steering column.
Going to the dealer next week and see what they can do.
So many comments, this may be a design defect or a great big batch of bad tires.
Mine are Bridgestones. Is that what everyone else has

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Rich

Reaction score
Sounds like a bad batch of Drive shafts. Hopefully they have resolved the issue and the new ones are OK. Mine is currently sitting in the Philly Port waiting for trucking. Ordered in July. Arrived Oct 13th. ETA is 11/2 at Dealer... 3 weeks for delivery sounds like a long time. Maybe fixing any issues before it heads out?