Palisade AWD vibration/rumble between 65-73 mph

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Hyundai/Genesis ut

Reaction score
I don't believe it's your tires. Drive train issue and dealer should fix N/C
Which tires do you have?
I took off the bridge duelers as soon as I could
Wear them out! I then installed pirellis verde plus 2, it almost makes the palisade a different car. Can’t say enough about these tires on this car

ragazzo87

Reaction score
I purchased a 2021 Palisade Calligraphy AWD, and it is amazing Hyundai still hasn't fixed the wind noise and the vibration in the steering wheel/column between 65mph-70mph peaking around 68mph. I wasn't aware of any of these issues before I purchased the vehicle. As soon as I googled these two issues when I started noticing them in my vehicle, I found a significant amount of owners complaining about the same exact issues.
The vibration happens in the steering wheel/column. It is a very slight vibration, yet it is enough to cause a ticklish feeling in my hands and forearms. I thought I was crazy the first time I noticed it, but then it all made sense after finding this forum.
I have taken in the vehicle for service yesterday both for the wind noise and the vibration. They said they are ordering the parts to fix the wind noise.

It sounded like they followed the Technical Bullet-in for the vibration issue and did the first two steps. They balanced the tires and adjusted the road force variance. I picked up the vehicle yesterday afternoon. The service advisor said that he wasn't sure if the vibration is gone or not after those two steps, because the wind noise in the cabin was TOO LOUD to focus on the vibration issue. LMAO.
He said they will check back the vibration once I bring it back for the wind noise repair.
Based on my test drive yesterday after the service appointment, the vibration issue is still there and hasn't been fixed. Hopefully, they will take the next step to fix the issue.

I will definitely keep you posted here after my service appointment next week.

G

G-772169

I purchased a 2021 Sel March 2021 and noticed the vibration the very first week of owning the vehicle at speeds of 65-73ish. I took it back to the dealership the same week and they ordered the parts for the propeller shaft but even after replacing the parts now the vibration still remains. Vehicle is at the dealership currently while they are trying to figure out the next steps on how to fix it. I will keep you all posted if they end up resolving the issue but I have very little hope after reading through all of the posts here on how many people have had this issue where hyundai wasn't able to solve.

Scott M

Reaction score
I don't believe it's your tires. Drive train issue and dealer should fix N/C
Finally after 4 months I have new tires t get installed next week. Unfortunately they are Bridgestones. They did replace a driveshaft when I had the the vibration from 65 to 75 mph.

ragazzo87

Reaction score
Finally after 4 months I have new tires t get installed next week. Unfortunately they are Bridgestones. They did replace a driveshaft when I had the the vibration from 65 to 75 mph.
So was your issue fixed after they replaced the driveshaft? Do you have AWD? Did they replace just the rear driveshaft?

Drewski

Reaction score
‘21 Limited AWD, just road tripped Indy to Houston and back, all in the 65-80 range, no vibration.

Also marginally louder wind noise on passenger side, seemed to have quieted down with the backer rod fix.

barry1284

Reaction score
Hi,

We purchased a Palisade one week ago on Friday Aug 2nd. Over the weekend while driving on the highway we noticed a very obvious shake and low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats. By the time you reach 80 mph it isn't really noticeable. It went into the dealers shop this past Tuesday. They had it in the shop on Tuesday morning and balanced the tires. It changed nothing in the vibration so I brought it back in. A dealer mechanic drove with us and confirmed the vibration at highway speeds. They had it all week and opened a case with Hyundai. They were told by Hyundai corporate to measure the runout of the driveshaft and said it was normal. They were instructed by Hyundai to replace the rear tires and they stated they were out of round from being strapped down during transport from South Korea. Got it back late this afternoon and the vibration/rumble is still present.

I'm putting this out there so others who experience this issue might realize it's not an isolated issue. Another poster on here said he test drove two Palisades and they both exhibited the exact same vibration at the same speeds. The dealer told him they had to replace the axles of both Palisades. When I mentioned this to our dealer's shop the manager stated he can't go by what's on the web. This has been very frustrating, purchasing a new vehicle and unable to drive it for the first week.

I hope others have better luck. This one is going back to the shop first thing Monday morning. They have one more attempt to fix this at the dealer and then I need to contact Hyundai Corporate notifying them and allow them one final chance before this can go to arbitration for the lemon law. I'm hoping they can fix this and it won't have to go that far.
Really sorry to hear about this issue. I'm afraid it's an isolated problem. I've had my Palisade Limited for almost 1 year and have had no vibration/rumbling issues. We had a Mercedes Benz ML500 years ago with the same issue.....it ended up being returned and swapped for another vehicle by the dealership. Before the swap, we went through the same steps of balancing, alignment, tire changes, etc. Nothing fixed it. So....I guess there can be 1 bad egg. I just hate it happened. I've loved my vehicle. Good luck with getting resolution. I think Hyundai stands behind their products so you should get a quick answer and resolution.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Remember to mention if you own a FWD or AWD folks, so others can benefit. I've only seen this vibration issue with AWDs, so please state if it's FWD or AWD, to know if there are FWDs with the issue too, or not. Thx.

Scott M

Reaction score
Email Hyundai..explain your dilemma. Request they good will some or all of cost for new tires.
Also,they are not receptive to that, ask if they will reimburse for the tires if that does not resolve issue.
Would not hurt to contact Bridgestone.
I finally after 6 months got the dealer to replace all 4 tires. Amazing difference in ride and much quieter. Same Bridgestones but I do believe that they were damaged in transit as another suggested.

elp_jc

Reaction score
You got Bridgestone tires, and you're in the US? Which ones exactly? My new Calligraphy came with crappy tires. Oh well. And glad that was it. Enjoy it now :).

Popeye

Reaction score
You got Bridgestone tires, and you're in the US? Which ones exactly? My new Calligraphy came with crappy tires. Oh well. And glad that was it. Enjoy it now :).
What tires did you get? I have the Hankook Ventus tires and having driven with them through the NE Illinois winter, I'm pretty satisfied with them.

elp_jc

Reaction score
They're probably those, and my main issue is they're quite noisy, and harder than premium tires... but not enough to throw them away, AND get my pristine wheels messed up in the process too, so will probably keep them for 2 years, which should be around 20K miles, or half their life. Won't even bother to rotate them. Then get Michelins, or whichever is the quietest tire at that time.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Just checked, and same here. I much prefer for my SUV to have been built in Korea than in China, but what I don't like is they using those Korean tires, but I understand. I'll replace them at 20K miles at the most.