Palisade AWD vibration/rumble between 65-73 mph

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

wadeski

Reaction score
I've owned mercedes suv and acura I don't want to go back to those with the expensive maintenance issues. I don't know what to do as far as getting another luxury suv.

steelers

Reaction score
Hi,

We purchased a Palisade one week ago on Friday Aug 2nd. Over the weekend while driving on the highway we noticed a very obvious shake and low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats. By the time you reach 80 mph it isn't really noticeable. It went into the dealers shop this past Tuesday. They had it in the shop on Tuesday morning and balanced the tires. It changed nothing in the vibration so I brought it back in. A dealer mechanic drove with us and confirmed the vibration at highway speeds. They had it all week and opened a case with Hyundai. They were told by Hyundai corporate to measure the runout of the driveshaft and said it was normal. They were instructed by Hyundai to replace the rear tires and they stated they were out of round from being strapped down during transport from South Korea. Got it back late this afternoon and the vibration/rumble is still present.

I'm putting this out there so others who experience this issue might realize it's not an isolated issue. Another poster on here said he test drove two Palisades and they both exhibited the exact same vibration at the same speeds. The dealer told him they had to replace the axles of both Palisades. When I mentioned this to our dealer's shop the manager stated he can't go by what's on the web. This has been very frustrating, purchasing a new vehicle and unable to drive it for the first week.

I hope others have better luck. This one is going back to the shop first thing Monday morning. They have one more attempt to fix this at the dealer and then I need to contact Hyundai Corporate notifying them and allow them one final chance before this can go to arbitration for the lemon law. I'm hoping they can fix this and it won't have to go that far.
Why not call or email Hyundai Corp.now..
When my winshield cracked..the dealer blew me off...emailed Corp.got response from very helpful rep.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I've owned mercedes suv and acura I don't want to go back to those with the expensive maintenance issues. I don't know what to do as far as getting another luxury suv.
It's going to be the same crap with any other vehicle, unfortunately. And maybe even worse. I've lost over 100 grand trading vehicles early due to issues, and I'm done with that. I was going to get a GV80, but my wife liked the Pali much better, and service issues would be the same, so why pay A LOT more for a more cramped vehicle? Last time I was at my only local Hyundai dealership with a new Azera (warranty issue, so had to take it), they hit the fender with something, and didn't tell me. Fortunately, I saw it when inspecting the vehicle before driving away. They initially said it was like that before, but I took pictures of the car right in front of them, and had to own it. But they did an ultra crappy job fixing it.

That's why I've been doing the maintenance in all my vehicles for a long time. EVERY time (as in 100% record) I've needed service, dealers have done something to my vehicles, be it Acura, BMW, Lexus, or Hyundai. And if not terribly expensive, I even fix recalls or warranty issues myself, just to avoid having issues with dealerships.

steelers

Reaction score
It's going to be the same crap with any other vehicle, unfortunately. And maybe even worse. I've lost over 100 grand trading vehicles early due to issues, and I'm done with that. I was going to get a GV80, but my wife liked the Pali much better, and service issues would be the same, so why pay A LOT more for a more cramped vehicle? Last time I was at my only local Hyundai dealership with a new Azera (warranty issue, so had to take it), they hit the fender with something, and didn't tell me. Fortunately, I saw it when inspecting the vehicle before driving away. They initially said it was like that before, but I took pictures of the car right in front of them, and had to own it. But they did an ultra crappy job fixing it.

That's why I've been doing the maintenance in all my vehicles for a long time. EVERY time (as in 100% record) I've needed service, dealers have done something to my vehicles, be it Acura, BMW, Lexus, or Hyundai. And if not terribly expensive, I even fix recalls or warranty issues myself, just to avoid having issues with dealerships.
How true..long drive coming up..dealer oil change two weeks in advance in case they break something or screw it up...hate going there..

steelers

Reaction score
fwiw..dealer oil change today..2020 limited...the mentioned recall...ordered part
Palisade wind noise Dr. Area (21-01-003H)
No further explanation....other than I think she said rear door seal..

Hyundai/Genesis ut

Reaction score
Hi,

We purchased a Palisade one week ago on Friday Aug 2nd. Over the weekend while driving on the highway we noticed a very obvious shake and low sounding rumble as though we were driving on the rumble strip. The vibration begins at 65 mph and continues on through 73 mph. It can be felt in the wheel and in all of the seats. By the time you reach 80 mph it isn't really noticeable. It went into the dealers shop this past Tuesday. They had it in the shop on Tuesday morning and balanced the tires. It changed nothing in the vibration so I brought it back in. A dealer mechanic drove with us and confirmed the vibration at highway speeds. They had it all week and opened a case with Hyundai. They were told by Hyundai corporate to measure the runout of the driveshaft and said it was normal. They were instructed by Hyundai to replace the rear tires and they stated they were out of round from being strapped down during transport from South Korea. Got it back late this afternoon and the vibration/rumble is still present.

I'm putting this out there so others who experience this issue might realize it's not an isolated issue. Another poster on here said he test drove two Palisades and they both exhibited the exact same vibration at the same speeds. The dealer told him they had to replace the axles of both Palisades. When I mentioned this to our dealer's shop the manager stated he can't go by what's on the web. This has been very frustrating, purchasing a new vehicle and unable to drive it for the first week.

I hope others have better luck. This one is going back to the shop first thing Monday morning. They have one more attempt to fix this at the dealer and then I need to contact Hyundai Corporate notifying them and allow them one final chance before this can go to arbitration for the lemon law. I'm hoping they can fix this and it won't have to go that far.
Unfortunately, it’s a big problem and I can’t believe they have blinders on and still cranking them out with the same problem. I went for front wheel drive since it’s not simple and with all the traction control etc, I didn’t think it would make that much difference to have AWD. I was righ and boy am I glad I did.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I was going to get AWD too, just because I thought it was mandatory to buy a Calligraphy. But as soon as I found out it wasn't the case, after reading of many AWD drive shaft issues, changed to a FWD. And very glad to have 165-lb less weight, and 2 MPG better fuel economy :). Don't need AWD in the desert; unnecessary complication as well.

steelers

Reaction score
I was going to get AWD too, just because I thought it was mandatory to buy a Calligraphy. But as soon as I found out it wasn't the case, after reading of many AWD drive shaft issues, changed to a FWD. And very glad to have 165-lb less weight, and 2 MPG better fuel economy :). Don't need AWD in the desert; unnecessary complication as well.
So far...no issue..limited AWD purchase Jan.2020 15,000 miles...

SadieCowboy

Reaction score
I have the vibration. Oddly it started at about 12,000 miles. Was smooth as silk until then. Prominent mostly 65-70 mph but I can feel it at lower speeds too. It’s noticeable enough to create an audible hum noise, and can be felt in steering wheel, gas pedal, and seat of the pants (in any seat in the car). My coffee cup even vibrates in the cup holder! Passengers ask what’s making the resonating vibration.

2021 Palisade Limited AWD. Build date July 2020.

1st dealer visit they verified vibration and ordered drivel shaft and coupler (per a TSB).
2nd visit installed new driveshaft and coupler. Said it was fixed, but it was actually a little worse.
3rd visit I took Tech for drive. Verified vibration. Road force balanced tires. Said it was rear wheel bearing. Ordered parts.
4th visit installed wheel bearing. Said it was fixed. No change, same vibration.

Dealer has been good and say they will do whatever necessary to fix, but my patience is running low. I’m wondering if problem is transmission or rear differential. I just went on a 2,000 mile trip where speed limits were 65-80 and the vibration made the trip unbearable.

I love this Palisade, but at this point any enjoyment of driving this car is gone.

steelers

Reaction score
I have the vibration. Oddly it started at about 12,000 miles. Was smooth as silk until then. Prominent mostly 65-70 mph but I can feel it at lower speeds too. It’s noticeable enough to create an audible hum noise, and can be felt in steering wheel, gas pedal, and seat of the pants (in any seat in the car). My coffee cup even vibrates in the cup holder! Passengers ask what’s making the resonating vibration.

2021 Palisade Limited AWD. Build date July 2020.

1st dealer visit they verified vibration and ordered drivel shaft and coupler (per a TSB).
2nd visit installed new driveshaft and coupler. Said it was fixed, but it was actually a little worse.
3rd visit I took Tech for drive. Verified vibration. Road force balanced tires. Said it was rear wheel bearing. Ordered parts.
4th visit installed wheel bearing. Said it was fixed. No change, same vibration.

Dealer has been good and say they will do whatever necessary to fix, but my patience is running low. I’m wondering if problem is transmission or rear differential. I just went on a 2,000 mile trip where speed limits were 65-80 and the vibration made the trip unbearable.

I love this Palisade, but at this point any enjoyment of driving this car is gone.
That sucks...did the service manager happen to mention how common this problem is? We have 2020 limited awd..build I believe Nov.2019
Just drove Florida to N.Y. all good..except for wind noise...tot.miles 15,500

Gene

Reaction score
We have a 2020 Limited AWD build date Nov.2019 no vibration or any other problems.
Doing 80 coming across top of Texas in strong cross wind, we hear wind noise, most
of the noise is a howl from the passengers side mirror. Of course that is the side the wind was from

steelers

Reaction score
We have a 2020 Limited AWD build date Nov.2019 no vibration or any other problems.
Doing 80 coming across top of Texas in strong cross wind, we hear wind noise, most
of the noise is a howl from the passengers side mirror. Of course that is the side the wind was from
How many miles on yours?

wadeski

Reaction score
I've had my drive shaft replaced because of vibration and it didn't make a difference. I'm thinking about trading my limited on a gv80. My build date is November 2019. Purchased in January 2020. Had all headrests replaced and still have the garlic smell and had TSB done for wind noise and no improvement. I'm love the car but just fed up at this point.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

steelers

Reaction score
I've had my drive shaft replaced because of vibration and it didn't make a difference. I'm thinking about trading my limited on a gv80. My build date is November 2019. Purchased in January 2020. Had all headrests replaced and still have the garlic smell and had TSB done for wind noise and no improvement. I'm love the car but just fed up at this point.
Weird...my stink gradually went away...the wind noise I addressed myself with foam......but now it is returning
I guess I can expect the vibration to start at anytime...I must say ..if it does I ain't gonna buy a gv80...why reward Hyundai and buy another one of their
Vehicles..

wadeski

Reaction score
What other vehicles have the technology that hyundai has in their cars? I've owned Mercedes ML suv and Acura MDX and I don't want go back that route. Even though the Mercedes ML I drove for 13 yrs and sold it with 236k miles on it. lol. It was new when I bought it. I always wanted a porche cayenne though. lol

steelers

Reaction score
What other vehicles have the technology that hyundai has in their cars? I've owned Mercedes ML suv and Acura MDX and I don't want go back that route. Even though the Mercedes ML I drove for 13 yrs and sold it with 236k miles on it. lol. It was new when I bought it. I always wanted a porche cayenne though. lol
Not going to debate tech., but if I go through this vibration headache...and they don't fix it, I would be hard pressed to hand them more money
Tech or no tech..