Palisade Factory Window Tint?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

PookaShell311

Reaction score
Hello all. Just brought home my new Palisade today. As with all my vehicles, I will tinting the front passenger windows To match the back. I have always done 20% which has matched the rear on all of my various SUVs. However, I noticed the factory windows are much lighter than most previous vehicles, so much so that it’s a problem for my liking. I feel like I’m going to have to get those tinted as well? Has anyone done this, and if so, what % did you use?

saxman242

Reaction score
Hello all. Just brought home my new Palisade today. As with all my vehicles, I will tinting the front passenger windows To match the back. I have always done 20% which has matched the rear on all of my various SUVs. However, I noticed the factory windows are much lighter than most previous vehicles, so much so that it’s a problem for my liking. I feel like I’m going to have to get those tinted as well? Has anyone done this, and if so, what % did you use?
I have 50% on my front windows and they're a bit lighter than the rear. The rear seems to be ~35%

kobeluna71

Reaction score
I need your guys to help, I purchase a new Hyundai Palisade Se 2021 for my wife. She asks me to Tint the front two windows to match the rear. Sorry for the poor photo but does anyone know what tint % I need to use to match all-around the tint? The front windows have a factory glass filter or it could possibly also be tint that makes it more difficult to choose the %.

Attachments

• IMG_2035.jpg
    IMG_2035.jpg
    390.3 KB · Views: 3

elp_jc

Reaction score
The tint is in the glass, not a film, so hard to know exactly what it is, but my guess is between 20% and 35%. Anything less than 35% can be dangerous at night, and illegal in most states for that reason. I just did 35%, and it looks awesome, and almost the same as the rear windows. That means if you go 20%, the front windows would be darker, and probably illegal, so my personal recommendation is to go with the safe choice of 35% :). I did ceramic tint, which helps a lot more than regular tint, so I also recommend that. Hope this helps.

G

G-732754

The tint is in the glass, not a film, so hard to know exactly what it is, but my guess is between 20% and 35%. Anything less than 35% can be dangerous at night, and illegal in most states for that reason. I just did 35%, and it looks awesome, and almost the same as the rear windows. That means if you go 20%, the front windows would be darker, and probably illegal, so my personal recommendation is to go with the safe choice of 35% :). I did ceramic tint, which helps a lot more than regular tint, so I also recommend that. Hope this helps.
It sounds about right I’ll go with 35% tint
thank you so much.

Alan_F

Reaction score
I need your guys to help, I purchase a new Hyundai Palisade Se 2021 for my wife. She asks me to Tint the front two windows to match the rear. Sorry for the poor photo but does anyone know what tint % I need to use to match all-around the tint? The front windows have a factory glass filter or it could possibly also be tint that makes it more difficult to choose the %.
As elp_jc mentioned, a high quality ceramic tint film is by far the best option. Find a tint shop in your area that installs ceramic tint films (among others they may also sell) and get their advice on what VLT % to use to match the rear side windows.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

kobeluna71

Reaction score
I went with a 35% tint window and from the outside, it's a direct match in color and darkness. The inside that's a different story, the front windows have a different tint color of shade from the inside. It bothers me somewhat, my wife agrees that they're different, but she said "don't remove them because they're very close", in her eyes. FYI guys

Last edited: