Palisade lift range requirements for floor jacks

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

N. Mira

Reaction score
Hello Palisade owners. I am wondering if anyone knows what floor jack i should bye. I could not find the lift range on the web. Thanks

SunKing

Reaction score
If your talking about a rolling floor jack just to lift a corner to change a tire or something then most any 2 ton one will likely be fine. If you’re planning on the whole front or rear off the ground then I’d be sure to get something a little beefier just for safety.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I think me meant height-wise, right OP? I have a Craftsman aluminum 2-ton racing jack, which by design, have a limited height, due to having a very low clearance. I was precisely wondering if it'd be able to lift the Pali. I doubt it, but what I'd to is to place it under a 2x8, and use a jack stand if I need to get under the car.

So to answer your question, if you don't have any sports cars, I'd choose a jack with the highest range, and also at least 3 tons, to safely be able to lift the front or rear of the vehicle... although I don't think there's a central jacking point on Palis. However, you could probably lift it sideways with some kind of beam across the pinch welds, like some have done (for what I remember reading). Good luck, and let us know what you end up buying, and if it worked for you :).

Alan_F

Reaction score
The rated ground clearance is 7.9 inches, so anything with 6 inches or less should be fine. Once the vehicle is lifted in the air, you should use some stand jacks before you go under it.

elp_jc

Reaction score
The issue is not the ground clearance, but the clearance needed to lift a wheel, which depends on how far the suspension is allowed to extend (and it varies front to back). I doubt my 15" jack will do the job, but might be close.

N. Mira

Reaction score
The issue is not the ground clearance, but the clearance needed to lift a wheel, which depends on how far the suspension is allowed to extend (and it varies front to back). I doubt my 15" jack will do the job, but might be close.
That is exactly what i meant. I guess my best option is to lift and measure. I am actually getting the cart before the horse. My Palisade is not delivered yet :)

Thank you all very much

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!