Palisade on fire

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Robmil

Reaction score
I read some palisade owner’s have experienced their vehicle caught fire while parked in their garage. Does anyone have information about this problem?

Alan_F

Reaction score
There was a recall related to possible fires on some older Hyundai Santa Fe's and some Kia vehicles, but I have not heard anything about the Palisade related to fires:

DETROIT (AP) — Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia are recalling over 591,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix a brake fluid leak that could cause engine fires. The recalls cover more than 440,000 Kia Optima midsize sedans from 2013 through 2015 and Kia Sorento SUVs from 2014 and 2015. Also covered are 151,000 Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs from 2013 to 2015. The affiliated automakers say brake fluid can leak inside a hydraulic control unit for the anti-lock brakes, possibly causing an electrical short that can lead to fires.

You can check recalls at this site:

Where did you read about this? Any vehicle can catch fire if it is parked on top of flammable items that might be close to or touching the hot parts of the exhaust, etc. That includes tall grass or weeds on the side of the road, especially if the grass is dried out or dormant in winter.

Gene

Reaction score
I read some palisade owner’s have experienced their vehicle caught fire while parked in their garage. Does anyone have information about this problem?
Don't know where you heard that but you might want to check where it came from.
More than likely a troll trying to start crap

Alan_F

Reaction score
Don't know where you heard that but you might want to check where it came from.
More than likely a troll trying to start crap
As I mentioned above, there was a recall related to fires for the 2013 to 2015 Santa Fe SUV a few years ago. Plus, there may have been a fire that occurred on a Palisade due to owner error (parking on top of flammable materials), so probably just a misunderstanding. There a lots of vehicle fires caused by accidents or owner negligence.

tomcal

Reaction score
My wife and I own a 2020 Hyundai Palisade Limited and a 2017 Genesis G80.
Both vehicles are powered with the 3.8L V6 engine and 8 speed transmission.

There was a safety recall in 2021 for the 2017 Genesis G80 3.8L powered vehicles (also for 2018-2020 Genesis G80 model years)
which required replacement of fuses associated with the Anti-Lock Brake System (ABS). The ABS fuse failure could, potentially, cause a short and hence a chance of an engine fire.

I had my G80 serviced 2 weeks ago at a local Hyundai dealership and they replaced the ABS fuses.

There is no known issues currently with ABS fuses with the Hyundai Palisade according to the Hyundai dealer.

In 55 months of ownership with the G80 this is the only recall notice that I have received. The car itself has been totally trouble free.
My wife's 2020 Palisade Limited has been trouble free. I can honestly say that these are the 2 best vehicles I have
owned in my lifetime.

Zenar

Reaction score
There was a recall related to possible fires on some older Hyundai Santa Fe's and some Kia vehicles, but I have not heard anything about the Palisade related to fires:

DETROIT (AP) — Korean automakers Hyundai and Kia are recalling over 591,000 vehicles in the U.S. to fix a brake fluid leak that could cause engine fires. The recalls cover more than 440,000 Kia Optima midsize sedans from 2013 through 2015 and Kia Sorento SUVs from 2014 and 2015. Also covered are 151,000 Hyundai Santa Fe SUVs from 2013 to 2015. The affiliated automakers say brake fluid can leak inside a hydraulic control unit for the anti-lock brakes, possibly causing an electrical short that can lead to fires.

You can check recalls at this site:

Where did you read about this? Any vehicle can catch fire if it is parked on top of flammable items that might be close to or touching the hot parts of the exhaust, etc. That includes tall grass or weeds on the side of the road, especially if the grass is dried out or dormant in winter.
We didn't have that recall on our 2013 santa fe, but we did have one for our trailer connection catching fire. They replaced the unit under a recall.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Where? When posting something like that, post a link, to know where you're 'reading' crap like that. I've never read of such thing... but I don't read propaganda :).

G

G-481326

My wife's caught fire while she was driving in a parking lot last month. She smelled something, turned off the defroster and heat, and the back windshield shattered with flames coming out of the bottom left corner. Store attendant nearby had to put it out with a fire extinguisher. It's been 3 weeks and no word from Hyundai on the cause or what they're going to do to rectify the situation.

elp_jc

Reaction score
My wife's caught fire while she was driving in a parking lot last month. She smelled something, turned off the defroster and heat, and the back windshield shattered with flames coming out of the bottom left corner. Store attendant nearby had to put it out with a fire extinguisher. It's been 3 weeks and no word from Hyundai on the cause or what they're going to do to rectify the situation.
Was this a Palisade? Which year? That's not good. But that has to be the rear defroster. Did she turn it on? It's not an uncommon issue, and on lots of vehicles, unfortunately. It happened to several F-150s too, when I had my 2018 Platinum (and no recall). Did you add tint, by any chance? Many times I read owners had tint done, so that could be the culprit too. I never use that thing unless absolutely necessary, and only enough to be able to see. I just don't trust them. Last time I used it was decades ago, but I live in the desert :).