This is a private community!

Please register to see all of our content...

Register Log in

Power folding mirrors

Mav1964

Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion out there. I’ve heard no power folding mirrors on the U.S. trims. However, I contacted a Hyundai rep. on line and he said his spec sheet say yes. I asked him why that’s not clear on the website and he had no answer. Does anyone know for sure

tallLeRoy

Reaction score
No power folding mirrors on any US trim. All US trims allow you to manually fold the mirrors. They can do lots of things, but don't power fold, although the KIA cousin has power folding mirrors on the upper trim levels. It is a choice not made by the US Hyundai team.

I don't fret over the fold, but not having automatic dimming for the side mirrors gets my goat.

LeRoy

Mav1964

Reaction score
No power folding mirrors on any US trim. All US trims allow you to manually fold the mirrors. They can do lots of things, but don't power fold, although the KIA cousin has power folding mirrors on the upper trim levels. It is a choice not made by the US Hyundai team.

I don't fret over the fold, but not having automatic dimming for the side mirrors gets my goat.

LeRoy
Yeah, but for all the tech, why leave that out. I go to Philly and Baltimore a lot and parking can be a challenge, they should have offered the option on the Limited trim.

Mav1964

Reaction score
Yup, all that tech and you leave off a basic item these days. The S. Korean market has the folding mirrors. A vehicle that size should have them as an option.

Mav1964

Reaction score
My garage is big enough. But not having auto dimming exterior mirrors is my gripe. These mirrors already have a dozen extra features on the Limited, why not power folding and auto dimming Hyundai USA?
Wow, no auto dimming either? I didn’t know that.

G

G-814113

I went from a 2012 Genesis R-Spec to a 2020 Palisade Limited and I like everything about it...except for the fact that there is no power folding side mirrors. Even my 7 year old Hyundai had that and I do miss that feature. Sigh...

G

G-123192

I went from a 2012 Genesis R-Spec to a 2020 Palisade Limited and I like everything about it...except for the fact that there is no power folding side mirrors. Even my 7 year old Hyundai had that and I do miss that feature. Sigh...
Me too. Ridiculous

Mav1964

Reaction score
I hope they change that next year.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AZ426

Reaction score
Possibly the thing to do for anyone that is looking to buy one would be to wait until next model year to come out and get what they really want. Hyundai is better than this. It makes you wonder why they deliberately did not include them especially in the Limited.

Mav1964

Reaction score
Possibly the thing to do for anyone that is looking to buy one would be to wait until next model year to come out and get what they really want. Hyundai is better than this. It makes you wonder why they deliberately did not include them especially in the Limited.
Agreed. I wrote corporate Hyundai and made the point, it’s just too obvious to me.