Power folding mirrors

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Decoguys

Reaction score
That's not all they missed, I can't believe that each time I get into my Limited I have to:
1. Press the seat memory button 1 or 2 the set the seat. (Why not tied to the key fob?)
2. Turn on the rear AC (Why doesn't it stay on?)
3: Turn on the ventilated seats (Why isn't it controlled by the HVAC system?)
4: Turn on the Cruise Control System in case I want to set cruise (Why doesn't it just stay on ?)
All of these things have been present on the last few cars I have owned, don't get me wrong, I really like my Palisade, but these are just design errors that should have been caught prior to release.... I believe that all of the above can be fixed through software patches, but I'm sure that it will not happen.

Mav1964

Reaction score
That's not all they missed, I can't believe that each time I get into my Limited I have to:
1. Press the seat memory button 1 or 2 the set the seat. (Why not tied to the key fob?)
2. Turn on the rear AC (Why doesn't it stay on?)
3: Turn on the ventilated seats (Why isn't it controlled by the HVAC system?)
4: Turn on the Cruise Control System in case I want to set cruise (Why doesn't it just stay on ?)
All of these things have been present on the last few cars I have owned, don't get me wrong, I really like my Palisade, but these are just design errors that should have been caught prior to release.... I believe that all of the above can be fixed through software patches, but I'm sure that it will not happen.
Perhaps they will address in subsequent model years.

Mav1964

Reaction score
I complained about the seat not tied to fob with my 2015 Hyundai Genesis Ultimate... they still have not altered their thinking.
Yup, I won’t hold my breath on the power folding mirrors, fortunately for me it’s not a deal breaker. However, I’m puzzled by then not adding that feature when they’re touting all the other tech - considering the Telluride offers. I guess they feel the digital gauge cluster is enough of a differentiator.

G

G-244654

There seems to be some confusion out there. I’ve heard no power folding mirrors on the U.S. trims. However, I contacted a Hyundai rep. on line and he said his spec sheet say yes. I asked him why that’s not clear on the website and he had no answer. Does anyone know for sure
Have you seen the KETO commercial on kickstarter? It uses the palasade and shows power folding mirrors. I wonder if it can be added.

Mav1964

Reaction score
Have you seen the KETO commercial on kickstarter? It uses the palasade and shows power folding mirrors. I wonder if it can be added.
Folks, power folding mirrors is not an option currently and won’t be for the foreseeable future. Only the S. Korean versions have the option. My guess is too cut costs, they didn’t bring that option to the states are Canada for now, odd.

Soniczpeed

Reaction score
Folks, power folding mirrors is not an option currently and won’t be for the foreseeable future. Only the S. Korean versions have the option. My guess is too cut costs, they didn’t bring that option to the states are Canada for now, odd.

As mentioned above, North American models does not come standard with power folding mirrors. There is no option to add it in as it will be quite difficult to do so and most likely costly. Imagine the labour required to route wires inside the brain plus the programming needed.

Mav1964

Reaction score
As mentioned above, North American models does not come standard with power folding mirrors. There is no option to add it in as it will be quite difficult to do so and most likely costly. Imagine the labour required to route wires inside the brain plus the programming needed.
Actually, it would be rather simple to do. There’s only one plant in S. Korea that makes the Palisade. Power folding mirrors are an option for their home market. They could simply do the same for their export markets if they chose to. I’m not sure who they chose not to.

Palisade2021

Reaction score

Sizzler

Reaction score
Last night was a foggy night and I had a great deal of condescension on side mirror, after 5 minutes i noticed was still there. I realize there is not power fold, or auto dim, but are they at least heated? I don't see the heat symbol on them?? Anyone know?

Eric2203

Reaction score
Last night was a foggy night and I had a great deal of condescension on side mirror, after 5 minutes i noticed was still there. I realize there is not power fold, or auto dim, but are they at least heated? I don't see the heat symbol on them?? Anyone know?
Yes, they're heated. The heat comes on when you turn on the rear window defroster (which is common).

CVP33

Reaction score
Heated mirrors standard on all trim levels. Might need to run the heater to activate though.

Sizzler

Reaction score
Heated mirrors standard on all trim levels. Might need to run the heater to activate though.

Yeah I saw that on a different site, but it was for the se then each model over that stated the previous one plus, etc, etc. That one tou posted confirmed it is. My other SUV shows a heat symbol, that's where I got nervous..lol. i use to have an old mercury sable that i put the euro power mirrors from a Taurus on. Ran them to a switch i put in one of the p
Blanks and was able to push a button when i wanted to fold mirrors, that was like oh big a late 90's one..lol and that even had heated mirrors.. so I wasn't to worried about the power fold. I'm going to mess with adding the led exit handle cups, one day soon.

Rich2Putt

Reaction score
Yup, all that tech and you leave off a basic item these days. The S. Korean market has the folding mirrors. A vehicle that size should have them as an option.

In another forum, I had ask the width of the Palisade and Jess1 replied from mirror to mirror was 89 inches. My garage opening is 93 inches. This is a tight squeeze. I'm going to wait on for the Highlander Platinum to hit the dealerships in December. I know the Highlander does come equip with automatic side folding mirrors.

CVP33

Reaction score
Highlanders keep losing all the head to head tests. Maybe the platinum can help change that.

G

G-115928

I was looking at the Palisade and found out it does not have power folding mirrors. In order to get it in my garage I would have to get out and close them manually. I am not happy since I found this out. The Kia Telluride has it standard. I like the Palisade but going to pass unless they can put it in.:(

John LaFoote

Reaction score
Yup, all that tech and you leave off a basic item these days. The S. Korean market has the folding mirrors. A vehicle that size should have them as an option.
There are power-folding side mirrors on the Limited/Ultimate Palisade model in Canada, but I'm not sure about the auto-dimming mirrors.

onovtec

Reaction score
There are power-folding side mirrors on the Limited/Ultimate Palisade model in Canada, but I'm not sure about the auto-dimming mirrors.
That is not correct, I have the ultimate model in Canada. It does not have power folding mirrors.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!