Power folding mirrors

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

G

G-943768

non power folding mirrors is a deal breaker because of my tight driveway and some narrow streets in my area, why would you put power folding on the Korean models but not In USA

John LaFoote

Reaction score
Yeah, very disappointed with the lack of power-folding side mirrors, that are also non-dimming !!! I know that the Palisade Ultimate model in Canada has the power-folding mirrors, but I'm not sure about the auto-dimming feature. I was tempted to travel to Canada to buy a Palisade just to have that feature. I will likely wait until the next model year to see if they add these features....

onovtec

Reaction score
Yeah, very disappointed with the lack of power-folding side mirrors, that are also non-dimming !!! I know that the Palisade Ultimate model in Canada has the power-folding mirrors, but I'm not sure about the auto-dimming feature. I was tempted to travel to Canada to buy a Palisade just to have that feature. I will likely wait until the next model year to see if they add these features....
The Canadian Palisade Ultimate model does not have power folding mirrors. I own one.

benl

Reaction score
with a 46K plus sticker price for a limited, would think folding mirrors would be a feature.

Dmigoya

Reaction score
I don't mind not having the auto-folding side mirrors. I do, however, mind not having the auto-dimming on them (even though I have caught local dealers several times referencing on their websites to the Palisade having them.....duh). It makes sense to have them, especially if the rear-view mirror is auto-dimming. Makes no sense.

Hemorse

Reaction score
No power folding mirrors on any US trim. All US trims allow you to manually fold the mirrors. They can do lots of things, but don't power fold, although the KIA cousin has power folding mirrors on the upper trim levels. It is a choice not made by the US Hyundai team.

I don't fret over the fold, but not having automatic dimming for the side mirrors gets my goat.

LeRoy

is there a foreign version of the Palisade that has folding mirrors that can be purchased abroad and shipped to the USA?

Eric2203

Reaction score
is there a foreign version of the Palisade that has folding mirrors that can be purchased abroad and shipped to the USA?
If you mean importing the Palisade, then it's illegal. If you mean importing the mirrors, nobody's tried yet, but please let us know if it works! I'll say one thing though, there is no button to fold them on the US model. It's there in the countries that have it (on the door, where the window switches are located).

G

G-870938

Have you seen the KETO commercial on kickstarter? It uses the palasade and shows power folding mirrors. I wonder if it can be added.
KETO is a Korean company - you are seeing the Korean market Palisade, which has power folding wing mirrors.

G

G-696822

It is so ridiculously. How does Hyundai expects us to close the passenger side mirror considering its a big SUV. Park the car, walk around to the other side and close it!

I guess the same way they did not think it was wise to add the proximity key lock and unlock function to the doors.🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤦🏻‍♂️🤷🏾‍♂️🤷🏼‍♂️

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Uh, mine lock/unlock just fine w the button on the handle just fine w/ the key fob nearby. Am I missing something here?
Maybe he means all doors, including rear, not really sure either. The 2 front doors work fine with the proximity key in our SEL.

Dmigoya

Reaction score
Press twice and all 4 unlock. Hatch is on its own, as far as I know and works fine in proximity as well.
Mine is the LTD but I don't expect the locks are different dependent on trim?

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Press twice and all 4 unlock. Hatch is on its own, as far as I know and works fine in proximity as well.
Mine is the LTD but I don't expect the locks are different dependent on trim?
That is one thing the SEL with convenience pkg shares with the limited, the locking system, including smart liftgate. I had actually forgot about the 2 press unlock actuation system for all 4 doors. Thank you.

Sugrat

Reaction score
Just to throw something else in to the mix, I don't understand if this is their flagship model, how come my wife's 2020 sonata has the same tech plus more? for 10K less (limited), smart park, digital card entry, NFC entry and front car departure (that doesn't require you to be in smart cruise control?!!?)... just saying.