Power folding mirrors

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Sugrat

Reaction score
So I know we probably can't get the power folding mirrors (until it comes on the 2021 palisade) but is there something we can do for the auto dimming side mirrors, something like a color shade coating - so it will be darker during the day but would stop us being blinded at night.

Eric2203

Reaction score
Just to throw something else in to the mix, I don't understand if this is their flagship model, how come my wife's 2020 sonata has the same tech plus more? for 10K less (limited), smart park, digital card entry, NFC entry and front car departure (that doesn't require you to be in smart cruise control?!!?)... just saying.

Because it's newer.

The Palisade was introduced in 2018 and went on sale in South Korea in December 2018 (and in June 2019 in the US as model year 2020). The new Sonata was introduced in 2019 and went on sale in December 2020 in the US. Not sure when it went on sale in South Korea, but it is built in the US so I don't think they started much earlier than the US models, if at all. That's a difference of 1 full year.

The Sonata just has a newer version of the software we have on the Palisade. There's a good chance these things will come to the Palisade in due course. Maybe for model year 2021, maybe later. As to the cost, the Palisade seats 7 or 8 passengers and comes with a 3.8L V6. The Sonata seats 5 and has a smaller engine. I think the price difference is self-explanatory.

So I know we probably can't get the power folding mirrors (until it comes on the 2021 palisade) but is there something we can do for the auto dimming side mirrors, something like a color shade coating - so it will be darker during the day but would stop us being blinded at night.

Assuming they do provide power-folding mirrors in MY 2021...

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Just to throw something else in to the mix, I don't understand if this is their flagship model, how come my wife's 2020 sonata has the same tech plus more? for 10K less (limited), smart park, digital card entry, NFC entry and front car departure (that doesn't require you to be in smart cruise control?!!?)... just saying.
Smart Park, cool.

Attachments

• parking_2b.jpg.cf.jpg
    parking_2b.jpg.cf.jpg
    36.9 KB · Views: 9
G

G-170335

Lack of power folding mirrors for such a big & expensive car is inexcusable. What a bummer.

Sugrat

Reaction score
I was talking about features with some work colleagues and they mentioned that they don’t have folding mirrors on their Lexus (it was additional purchase) but it was on the base model on their Honda. I had a G80 prior to this, had folding mirrors, do I miss it? No.... if I had a choice of folding mirrors or auto dimming, I would go with the dimming every time but that’s just me.

meramo

Reaction score
I'd rather prefer auto dimming mirrors as a must on such a vehicle with these large mirrors. Driving highways after sunset during traffic is a huge pain on the eyes.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
I have a feeling for 2021, folding mirrors will be standard equipment on the Palisade Limited, and the Tell U Ride SX will have the 12" digital dash and power fold rear seat. Sin"e the Tell U Ride SX currently has power fold mirrors.

Alan_F

Reaction score
I have a feeling for 2021, folding mirrors will be standard equipment on the Palisade Limited, and the Tell U Ride SX will have the 12" digital dash and power fold rear seat. Sin"e the Tell U Ride SX currently has power fold mirrors.
You may be right, but Hyundai and Kia make their own decisions on what features to include, and it varies by market (Korea vs USA, etc). Hyundai and Kia each have access to the same parts and technology, but there is no coordination beyond that.

At one time, Hyundai owned a majority interest in Kia, but now they only own about 33% of Kia.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

FFEMT6

Reaction score
Do the Palisade Limited come with Fog Lights.
Not the 2020, unsure if fogs will be added for 2021 model year though. They say with modern LED headlights, fogs have become obsolete in some cases. I personally like the look of them though.

Gennyfreak

Reaction score
This is why I never buy a new vehicle in its dispute year!
Need to get the bugs out and realize what options are really important to folks.
Love the looks of the Palisades but I can wait!

GFL

Reaction score
There seems to be some confusion out there. I’ve heard no power folding mirrors on the U.S. trims. However, I contacted a Hyundai rep. on line and he said his spec sheet say yes. I asked him why that’s not clear on the website and he had no answer. Does anyone know for sure
I have one and SEL model with convenience and premium package and it does not have power mirrors. It’s upsetting. It’s really the only thing missing.

Gene

Reaction score
Your not going to see power folding ,auto dimming mirrors until 2023 update.
I purchased a rearview mirror film from Amazon. It isn't real auto dimming but
helps with the bright lights at night and keeps the mirrors clear in the rain

Alan_F

Reaction score
Possibly the thing to do for anyone that is looking to buy one would be to wait until next model year to come out and get what they really want. Hyundai is better than this. It makes you wonder why they deliberately did not include them especially in the Limited.
Obviously they deliberately did not include them. It is not un-common that top-trim US versions of Hyundai's have fewer features than the top-trim Korean versions. This is because Hyundai and Kia dominate the Korean market to such a degree, that they can charge more for their vehicles in Korea than they can in the USA. The USA market is the most competitive in the world, because there is not very much loyalty to US manufacturers anymore (especially compared to other countries).

So what happens is that they have a price target they want to sell the car at, and they pick and choose what options they can put on it to meet that price target and be competitive in the USA. They have to come in at a lower price than Toyota or Honda for the same features.

If price is not a factor, you can always look at a Genesis.