Power to USB/data port

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

fabhank

Reaction score
I have a flash drive with mp3 files on it. I plug it into the data port inside the center console and it plays fine. The flash has a flickering light when it receives power. When I turn the truck off, the power light continues to flash (all night the first night until I noticed it the next morning). Am I draining the battery by leaving it in? Seems to me that it has to use some battery power if the light is on...

SunKing

Reaction score
I have a flash drive with mp3 files on it. I plug it into the data port inside the center console and it plays fine. The flash has a flickering light when it receives power. When I turn the truck off, the power light continues to flash (all night the first night until I noticed it the next morning). Am I draining the battery by leaving it in? Seems to me that it has to use some battery power if the light is on...
You probably answered your own question if it has a power light and it remains on after you turn the vehicle off. I think there is always power to that port.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
yes always power to that port, but if you drive the vehicle every day, likely not an issue, would not leave it plugged in if the vehicle is sitting for a week or two.

I leave my Car2Play plugged in all the time, but I did see a low battery alert on my G80 when it was not driven for 6 weeks during Covid last year.

flash drive is using such a minimal amount of power it isn't going to drain the battery except over a long period of time.

G

G-78882

Thanks for the replies I think I’m just gonna play it safe and disconnect the drive every time.

Kevin83Fl

Reaction score
Take a look at the battery under the hood, its massive! That flash drive is not using any measurable power at all. You are safe to leave it plugged in.

elp_jc

Reaction score
That shouldn't happen; at least it didn't happen on all my 7 previous Hyndais, and the Kia Optima. It cut off about 15 minutes of shutting ignition off. Not a huge deal, but it would bother me too. Ha ha. I also have a USB stick in there, but mine has no light, so hopefully no parasitic drain... although as mentioned, should be absolutely minimal.

Hey gang, does anybody know what's the amperage of the USB charging port on the rear center console (the one with the armrest)? Curious if 1 or 2.1A. In the meani time, I have a 12V adapter with a 1A port connected, since my phone needs just 1A, not 2.1. And I assume the others (like on the seats, etc) are the same, right? Looked for that info in the manual, but couldn't find it. Thank you.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
That shouldn't happen; at least it didn't happen on all my 7 previous Hyndais, and the Kia Optima. It cut off about 15 minutes of shutting ignition off. Not a huge deal, but it would bother me too. Ha ha. I also have a USB stick in there, but mine has no light, so hopefully no parasitic drain... although as mentioned, should be absolutely minimal.

Hey gang, does anybody know what's the amperage of the USB charging port on the rear center console (the one with the armrest)? Curious if 1 or 2.1A. In the meani time, I have a 12V adapter with a 1A port connected, since my phone needs just 1A, not 2.1. And I assume the others (like on the seats, etc) are the same, right? Looked for that info in the manual, but couldn't find it. Thank you.

IIRC it is auto sensing. I have a usb amp meter, I will test it when I get home if I remember, old age and senility and all.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Awesome. Thank you. It should say on the cover how many amps, but it doesn't. The Tesla has 2.1A on all USB-C ports, so had to use a 12V adapter as well. I have an older iPhone (6S+), so my guess is the newer ones are probably 2.1A as well. But it still works perfectly, so I refuse to spend a grand on something I don't need :).