Price paid 03/12/22

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

IanB

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Limited AWD
Hey all,
Just bought a black on black 2021 AWD Palisade Limited. After a day of email negotiations I was able to get a deal in writing for 5K under MSRP! Also got cargo package, winter package, wheel locks, carpet floor mats and rear bumper appliqué thrown in...as they were already in the car.
I’m pretty excited that I was able to pull this off. No one could believe it at the dealer. I guess I caught the GM on a good day. I dealt directly with him.

Los Angeles.

thepaperpusher

Reaction score
Mind sharing which dealership you went to? Looking to purchase immediately and the best I can find is at MSRP out of state.

elp_jc

Reaction score
the best I can find is at MSRP out of state.
Indeed. I wouldn't waste time chasing that; obviously a fluke that probably won't be repeated. We're lucky to find it at MSRP; most dealers are charging ADM by now. You can't negotiate a good deal when they're literally flying off the lots. My local dealer sells Limited and Calligraphy models within an hour of arriving, and that includes 2 that were supposed to be mine. Had enough of their games, and I'm buying in Albuquerque, NM Friday. The local dealer told me MSRP, but are probably selling them over that, hence playing dumb that 'my' SUVs were sold without their knowledge. Yeah, right! I bought 6 Hyundais from them, but no more.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Indeed. I wouldn't waste time chasing that; obviously a fluke that probably won't be repeated. We're lucky to find it at MSRP; most dealers are charging ADM by now. You can't negotiate a good deal when they're literally flying off the lots. My local dealer sells Limited and Calligraphy models within an hour of arriving, and that includes 2 that were supposed to be mine. Had enough of their games, and I'm buying in Albuquerque, NM Friday. The local dealer told me MSRP, but are probably selling them over that, hence playing dumb that 'my' SUVs were sold without their knowledge. Yeah, right! I bought 6 Hyundais from them, but no more.
Unless you have a signed sales contract with a VIN number on it, they can do whatever they want, which usually means selling to the highest bidder. This is even happening in new home sales, where builders are finding loopholes in contracts to cancel existing sales agreements for houses under construction, so they can sell them to someone willing to pay more.

I just heard that Ford will have to cut total vehicle production by 50% in the second quarter due to shortages of computer chips needed. They expect the third quarter to be impacted also. It's going to get crazy out there, even more so than already.

elp_jc

Reaction score
They can do whatever they want even with a signed sales contract, so there's really no way to prevent a greedy dealer to back out of a contract. They just give you back your deposit... if you paid any. I've bought 6 or 7 cars from them (lost count), and even though they told me sale would be at MSRP, and now that the demand is higher because they screwed up and order the wrong color initially, and made me wait a month in vain, they're selling them above MSRP, just like Kia dealers with the Telluride. I wouldn't have minded them telling me the truth, but just finding out they keep selling the vehicles that are supposed to be mine THREE TIMES, it's a bit insulting, so will probably never buy from them again.

Anyway, the good news is ALB dealer just called, the the silver/black Calligraphy is there, so will pick it up tomorrow. And they will let me pay with a personal check, which was very nice. Will test-drive it first, and if all is well, will just write a check, drive around the area for a day, and head back home Saturday.

thepaperpusher

Reaction score
They can do whatever they want even with a signed sales contract, so there's really no way to prevent a greedy dealer to back out of a contract. They just give you back your deposit... if you paid any. I've bought 6 or 7 cars from them (lost count), and even though they told me sale would be at MSRP, and now that the demand is higher because they screwed up and order the wrong color initially, and made me wait a month in vain, they're selling them above MSRP, just like Kia dealers with the Telluride. I wouldn't have minded them telling me the truth, but just finding out they keep selling the vehicles that are supposed to be mine THREE TIMES, it's a bit insulting, so will probably never buy from them again.

Anyway, the good news is ALB dealer just called, the the silver/black Calligraphy is there, so will pick it up tomorrow. And they will let me pay with a personal check, which was very nice. Will test-drive it first, and if all is well, will just write a check, drive around the area for a day, and head back home Saturday.
Lol - I totally get where you're coming from but it is what it is. Everyone is just trying to maximize their $$

I was just emailing back and forth with several local dealers and seem to have touched a nerve with one of them. Sent him screenshots of my current OTD offers ($53.8K for Calligraphy AWD, $52.6k for Calligraphy FWD) and told him the sale was his for $52k. His reply was "No thank you.".

On to the next one...

Last edited:

elp_jc

Reaction score
I was lucky with this dealer, because they're selling all their AWDs for $5K over MSRP, but they want to just get rid of this black sheep FWD for MSRP. Ha ha. And the good news is it'll actually be slightly below MSRP, since they are not adding any (not even doc) fees, and throwing the cargo mat into the deal, so that'd be like $100+ below MSRP. Lol. But at least it won't be my first time ever that I have to pay MSRP :). Although in reality, it might be like $50 below MSRP, because the car came with a $70 'bumper applique', which is freaking BLACK, and looks like crap from behind, so will rip it off immediately. Oh well. Good luck with your car hunt.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I was lucky with this dealer, because they're selling all their AWDs for $5K over MSRP, but they want to just get rid of this black sheep FWD for MSRP. Ha ha. And the good news is it'll actually be slightly below MSRP, since they are not adding any (not even doc) fees, and throwing the cargo mat into the deal, so that'd be like $100+ below MSRP. Lol. But at least it won't be my first time ever that I have to pay MSRP :). Although in reality, it might be like $50 below MSRP, because the car came with a $70 'bumper applique', which is freaking BLACK, and looks like crap from behind, so will rip it off immediately. Oh well. Good luck with your car hunt.

did you get the Typhoon Silver? That is the color I choose. I like the Typhoon Silver better because the big arse silver grille doesn't stand out as much as it does on the other colors.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hey, EXACTLY! Ha ha. Initially wanted the white/dark brown-beige, but apparently they weren't made in FWD (only AWD). So the next best combo was typhoon silver with black, and that's exactly what I got. Glad to hear it'll be a twin to yours. Ha ha. Also didn't want the complication and extra weight of AWD, not to mention the hit on fuel economy of 2 MPGs, plus having to pay almost 2 grand extra. Hope it's a reliable vehicle. I do all my maintenance, so hope it never has to touch a dealer after leaving tomorrow :).

Just need to order the 'Caliburn' emblems after coming back with it, tint the front windows, order the mud guards, and the Curt hitch + OEM wiring harness. That's about it. Well, maybe the cargo cover, but not sure, since I don't carry anything, and it has tinted windows, and that thing takes space underneath that you can use for other stuff.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Hey, EXACTLY! Ha ha. Initially wanted the white/dark brown-beige, but apparently they weren't made in FWD (only AWD). So the next best combo was typhoon silver with black, and that's exactly what I got. Glad to hear it'll be a twin to yours. Ha ha. Also didn't want the complication and extra weight of AWD, not to mention the hit on fuel economy of 2 MPGs, plus having to pay almost 2 grand extra. Hope it's a reliable vehicle. I do all my maintenance, so hope it never has to touch a dealer after leaving tomorrow :).

Just need to order the 'Caliburn' emblems after coming back with it, tint the front windows, order the mud guards, and the Curt hitch + OEM wiring harness. That's about it. Well, maybe the cargo cover, but not sure, since I don't carry anything, and it has tinted windows, and that thing takes space underneath that you can use for other stuff.

I got the cargo cover, but I added 5% tint to the already tinted factory windows and haven't used the cargo cover, because unless you press your face up to the window you can't see in, and even then it's like looking into a dark cave at night. all the back windows are completely blacked out.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Gene

Reaction score
They sell the White/beige with FWD, dealers just don't have any in stock
I wanted the Silver but can only get with black interior. Wife says no black interior any more
So went with the white

Kevin83Fl

Reaction score

If you plan on towing anything over 3500lbs, trailer brakes are required, and a 7-pin connector is needed. Currently Hyundai doesn't make one, but KIA does. This is only for the 2021, as the 2020 does not have the 20a power feed to the back. The KIA part number is S9F67 AC500. It is a plug and play kit which makes everything work flawlessly, and the KIA kit even comes with the plug to plug in under the dash if you want a traditional wired brake controller. I went with a Curt echo bluetooth for ease, but may change out later depending on how much I tow.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I got the cargo cover, but I added 5% tint to the already tinted factory windows
I got it too; forgot it was included in the window sticker. What wasn't included was the cargo MAT, but dealer threw it into the deal. However, they just put a little one that only covers behind the 3rd seat, so made them get the 'good' one from another Palisade, and they can replace it later. I made my displeasure known about the crappy 'bumper applique', which rather than transparent (like in most cars), it's freaking black (I already removed it), but since they can't remove any extras from the deal, they threw the wheel locks from that same Palisade as well, to compensate for it ($70 vs $69), so a perfectly acceptable deal.

They sell the White/beige with FWD, dealers just don't have any in stock. I wanted the Silver but can only get with black interior. Wife says no black interior any more
So went with the white
Hey, remember there are TWO BEIGES, and both show as 'beige' on most paperwork, and that's why my local dealer made the initial mistake, even though I warned them against that. You need to read the extended description: The beige/beige is the one that has blue 'top' (upper doors, steering wheel/column, upper dash), with an obviously imitation 'zebra' wood, and lower black doors, seat bases, seat backs, etc. The other beige is beige/dark-brown, which has a very dark brown upper door trim, steering wheel/column, and upper dash, but everything else is beige, so looks much better. And doesn't have that imitation wood, but a metallic looking trim that blends much better with the also metallic looking center console and vent trim. The problem is that last trim looks really weird with the beige; it needed to be a darker wood, along with the door and dash trim, for a more elegant look. So at the end, the black interior looks the best by far IMO. Neither of us wanted black interior on the SUV, especially my wife, but after looking at the other 2 beiges in the flesh at the dealer, my wife was instantly convinced the black was the best by far. And they only had silver with black, so that was what I bought. Oh, and another 'weirdness' was the silver trim outside with white; it also looked weird, once we saw it in person. It looks the best in silver and dark gray, since it blends the best. So we're happy with the SUV, even though it wasn't what we initially wanted. And I have to say the silver/black looks more for a guy than white/beige/blue, so I was in a way happy with the silver. Ha ha. Glad you're happy with yours, brother.

If you plan on towing anything over 3500lbs, trailer brakes are required, and a 7-pin connector is needed. Currently Hyundai doesn't make one, but KIA does.
Indeed. And no, I don't plan to tow any more than that. Maybe when we help one of our 2 daughters move or something, to haul a U-Haul trailer, but shouldn't weigh more than that, and it'd only be for a few miles, so no biggie. And if I ever need to, I'd buy the Kia harness too. Thank you for the suggestion.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Indeed. And no, I don't plan to tow any more than that. Maybe when we help one of our 2 daughters move or something, to haul a U-Haul trailer, but shouldn't weigh more than that, and it'd only be for a few miles, so no biggie. And if I ever need to, I'd buy the Kia harness too. Thank you for the suggestion.

At the moment I don’t plan on towing anything over 3,500lbs either, But the cost is so minimal if you do it yourself I did it so I am 100% ready if I need it..

elp_jc

Reaction score
That was smart. Unfortunately, the receiver alone pretty much puts my 'non-integrated' OCD to the limit already. Ha ha. The added contraption to hold the electrical connectors look really bad IMO. If I was going to constantly tow a heavy trailer, then I'd obviously do it. But since I will not, prefer just the receiver showing. Can't understand why stupid Hyundai didn't give US owners the integrated hitch option, like in Korea (and the Telluride), but it is what it is. What I could do, however, is install the Kia harness, and just leave it secured under the bumper, out of view, with just the 4-pin connector nearby. That way, if I ever need the 7-pin one, it'd be already there. Did you take a picture of your harness, by any chance? Or could you at least tell me how long is the 4-pin harness when it splits from the 7-pin one? Thank you.

Oh, and the integrated hitch is not the only feature we're missing from Korea. I haven't read the entire manual yet, but so far we also missed these items:
- Electronically adjustable suspension
- Smart phone as key (like my Tesla)
- Electronic card as key (like my Tesla too)
- power folding mirrors
- custom drive mode
- better sound system
And several things more I already forgot about. Ha ha. I wouldn't doubt they also have power steering column and soft-close doors. But it's good enough as it is compared to the competition, so no complaints here :).

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Yeah I have already gotten over the missing things that apparently Hyundai doesn’t feel us westerners deserve.,

I am not a fan of the 7-pin mount I gto either, I will be fabbing a hidden one in the coming future, A co-worker has a MBZ GLS350 that has a nice hidden 7-pin mount, I am going to try and copy it.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Regardless of regulations, you don't really want to tow more than 3,500 lbs without trailer brakes on a Palisade. Maybe if just moving crap nearby, but not for traveling. And remember typically trailers of that size have surge (mechanical) brakes, which require of no controller at all. I found the Tekonsha wire harness for $28 shipped on Amazon, so just ordered one. If I ever need the 7-pin one (really doubt it), then I'd just order the Kia one.