Question about Calligraphy hatch emergency release

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

elp_jc

Reaction score
Hey gang, washed the SUV today for the first time, and noticed the hatch emergency release that is right below (when hatch is open) the latch. There's a horizontal slit, with an arrow pointing the direction that either a cord or a lever/handle needs to be pulled to open the hatch. But the problem is my SUV has nothing in there. I can see the mechanism deep into the groove, with a hole in the middle that I can't see if it's threaded (for a bolt), or just to get a cord somehow. I don't have small kids anymore, nor do I really need that thing in there, but just want to know if the factory missed something there, or it's meant not to have anything there on electric hatch SUVs. Thank you.
JC

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
I think it is pointless being it is an SUV and technically you can’t get locked in the trunk, but I suspect it some idiotic federal regulation that doesn’t differentiate between a car trunk and an suv lift gate

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

elp_jc

Reaction score
I missed that part when reading the manual; sorry. And yes, it's both idiotic that you can get stuck behind on an SUV with 3rd row seat releases (electric in my case), and that you will have a freaking key in your pocket to operate the damn switch. Ha ha. Glad there's nothing in there. Thanks guys.