Rear Occupancy Alert

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

rminnich

Reaction score
My car alarm kept going off and I got a notification of rear occupancy in the back seat but when I went out there nothing was in my car. It happened twice. Anyone know what would cause this?

SunKing

Reaction score
I’ve not heard of this one before. I know some have complained of getting the alert as they exit vehicle. Yours could be a sensor fault so I’d schedule service appointment.

Larryg

Reaction score
not exactly true, I posted this a few months ago. Just wound up turning of the sensor in the setup setting. Think someone said it was incase you forgot to take your kid out. Mine was going off without anyone in the car, not sure what the real purpose is so I turned it off.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SunKing

Reaction score
Yes, it’s so a child isn’t left in a hot car. Sadly there are several deaths a year still due to this. It has never caused a problem in mine. if you’re having an issue just take it to the service department.

rminnich

Reaction score
But what would cause it to go off when there’s no one in the car and the doors are closed and locked

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My car alarm kept going off and I got a notification of rear occupancy in the back seat but when I went out there nothing was in my car. It happened twice. Anyone know what would cause this?
It’s an ultrasonic sensor and can be super touchy. If any windows are open, wind can cause it to be triggered. If a small fly or something is trapped in the car and moves in the right area, it will be detected.

Typically it is a good idea to just turn off the system to avoid headaches.

If, however, you have living things you may somehow forget in the back seat and really want to keep the system on, you can make sure the alarm doesn’t go off if you acknowledge the pop up to “check rear seats” each time when you turn off the car.