Recent buyers - price paid compared to MSRP ?

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Blacksmoke2

Reaction score
Anyone purchased in the last month that would be willing to share what price they got compared to MSRP and any tips on getting there ? Been down this road many times - just not with a Hyundai. Please note the model you bought.

Thank you in advance

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
I paid $750under MSRP on 2021 Calligraphy.

they give a $750 rebate coupon from their website when you do the whole purchase under their Covid online purchase program.

I did have to drive 400 miles from CA to AZ to pick up the vehicle, It all in all worth it as they had the model and color i wanted with no stupid market markup like all the dealerships around me seem to have. They do offer to deliver anywhere for a fee, for me it cost $66 for a tank of gas to drive out there, trade in my car and they filled the Palisade for the drive back

Larry Miller Hyundai in Peoria AZ

Blacksmoke2

Reaction score
Does the $750 rebate coupon allow you to negotiate further on price - or is that part of the deal, you find the car you want, take $750 off MSRP and you are done ?

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
Does the $750 rebate coupon allow you to negotiate further on price - or is that part of the deal, you find the car you want, take $750 off MSRP and you are done ?
you can negotiate to some extent but they don’t mix and match or double dip discounts.

my total OTD with tax, license, fees, dealer add-ons (which I refused to pay for), and 10/100k platinum bumper to bumper extended warranty was $53,987. $4,700 of that was taxes. For a 2021 Calligraphy.

st2006

Reaction score
$3,500 under MSRP for a Calligraphy. No trade-in but had to finance with dealer at a higher rate. Refinanced with my credit union later so it worked out well.

Bought on last day of month so pretty sure that helped.

bdotcom

Reaction score
$3,500 under MSRP for a Calligraphy. No trade-in but had to finance with dealer at a higher rate. Refinanced with my credit union later so it worked out well.

That's awesome. What part of the country are you located?

SunKing

Reaction score

Yep the last day of month is always a good time especially if you like to haggle at all. That’s when I got my SEL last year. Sticker was just under $41K and I financed $38K which included TTT etc. Combined with the then Hyundai financing of 0.9% it worked out to where I needed to be.

AirricK

Reaction score
I paid $750under MSRP on 2021 Calligraphy.

they give a $750 rebate coupon from their website when you do the whole purchase under their Covid online purchase program.

I did have to drive 400 miles from CA to AZ to pick up the vehicle, It all in all worth it as they had the model and color i wanted with no stupid market markup like all the dealerships around me seem to have. They do offer to deliver anywhere for a fee, for me it cost $66 for a tank of gas to drive out there, trade in my car and they filled the Palisade for the drive back

Larry Miller Hyundai in Peoria AZ
I'm looking at doing the same. All of the dealerships around me here in Southern California have mark-ups on the Palisade but yet I look over in AZ and they are marked down. How did paying registration fees and taxes work for you? I'm worried about the savings being wiped out by crazy DMV fees!

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
I'm looking at doing the same. All of the dealerships around me here in Southern California have mark-ups on the Palisade but yet I look over in AZ and they are marked down. How did paying registration fees and taxes work for you? I'm worried about the savings being wiped out by crazy DMV fees!

easy to a point.

you pay the taxes in AZ, at 8.1% then you have to pay the difference in the % to the DMV, in my area of Los Angeles it is 10.25% so I have to pay an additional $483 in taxes when I go to register the vehicle. The registration and the additional taxes cannot be rolled into the loan, you will have to pay those out of pocket.

it takes approx. 60 days after purchase for the AZ DMV to notify the CA DMV, so the dealership provided me with a 90 day temp registration, once the CA DMV is notified the dealership will snail mail and email me the documentation and I take that into a CA DMV and pay the fees and get the tags. Since I am moving disabled plates to the Palisade I don't have to wait for plates.

since the fees have to be paid by me and not rolled into the loan, I held back that amount from the down payment, I guestimate approx. $1,200 total, $500 for the taxes and $700 for the registration. (My Genesis G80 was $1000 less at purchase and registration the first year was $718).

The dealership gave me the exact number of the tax difference, but they don't have access to CA registration fees.

at the interest rate I got, I believe it was $17 per $1000 financed, so holding back $1200 only changed my monthly payment by ~$20 but as the dealer gave me higher than expected on my trade ($2,000 over what I expected) I used that toward the down and lowered the payment back down.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

AirricK

Reaction score
easy to a point.

you pay the taxes in AZ, at 8.1% then you have to pay the difference in the % to the DMV, in my area of Los Angeles it is 10.25% so I have to pay an additional $483 in taxes when I go to register the vehicle. The registration and the additional taxes cannot be rolled into the loan, you will have to pay those out of pocket.

it takes approx. 60 days after purchase for the AZ DMV to notify the CA DMV, so the dealership provided me with a 90 day temp registration, once the CA DMV is notified the dealership will snail mail and email me the documentation and I take that into a CA DMV and pay the fees and get the tags. Since I am moving disabled plates to the Palisade I don't have to wait for plates.

since the fees have to be paid by me and not rolled into the loan, I held back that amount from the down payment, I guestimate approx. $1,200 total, $500 for the taxes and $700 for the registration. (My Genesis G80 was $1000 less at purchase and registration the first year was $718).

The dealership gave me the exact number of the tax difference, but they don't have access to CA registration fees.

at the interest rate I got, I believe it was $17 per $1000 financed, so holding back $1200 only changed my monthly payment by ~$20 but as the dealer gave me higher than expected on my trade ($2,000 over what I expected) I used that toward the down and lowered the payment back down.
Great, thanks for the info! I'm actually looking at a Palisade at the same dealership you got yours from. I don't see the $750 coupon though. Was that only for Calligraphy models? I'm looking at an SEL w/ premium package.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
Great, thanks for the info! I'm actually looking at a Palisade at the same dealership you got yours from. I don't see the $750 coupon though. Was that only for Calligraphy models? I'm looking at an SEL w/ premium package.
It popped up on the site and you have to fill in your name and email address.

call Marissa she’s one of the internet sales reps. Was awesome to work with.
+1 (480) 688-7316

Tell her Marc sent you. I texted her and let her know I was passing her info to you. Told her your screen name.