Recent buyers - price paid compared to MSRP ?

G

G-886750

Just bought mine 2 weeks ago at MSRP. I live in VA but traveled to MD because everyone here is charging 5k over

elp_jc

Reaction score
I doubt 2023s will come out that early, but guess it's always possible. Also remember 2023s will have the mid-cycle refresh, which I'm not crazy about, but if you like it better, it shouldn't take much longer to wait for one of those. Good luck.

Ghostridethewhip

Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with negotiating pricing with pre-sale of allocations amongst dealers?

Have been talking with several dealers about reserving a SEL via allocation but seems like you lose some leverage if you need to lock up with presale deposit

Alan_F

Reaction score
Anyone have any recent experience with negotiating pricing with pre-sale of allocations amongst dealers?

Have been talking with several dealers about reserving a SEL via allocation but seems like you lose some leverage if you need to lock up with presale deposit
Negotiating a decent price on an SEL is a lot easier than higher trim levels, but you are always at a price negotiating disadvantage when not buying a car off the lot that is already in inventory, because a dealer and the salesman both have a much higher incentive to sell you something immediately.

tzhang

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looking to buy a Limited or Calligraphy new. I live in Long Island, NY. Anyone had any encounters here with a good price or story? The Hyundai website shows inventory but when I price the car they have some type of markup on it.

Thanks!

Terry

Alan_F

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Looking to buy a Limited or Calligraphy new. I live in Long Island, NY. Anyone had any encounters here with a good price or story? The Hyundai website shows inventory but when I price the car they have some type of markup on it.

Thanks!

Terry
Hard to find them without a markup unless you go to dealers in places that are away from big cities and affluent buyers. Try Upstate NY dealers.

johnpanc

Reaction score
My Palisade
TWO - 2022 SEL Premiums
Anyone purchased in the last month that would be willing to share what price they got compared to MSRP and any tips on getting there ? Been down this road many times - just not with a Hyundai. Please note the model you bought.

Thank you in advance
My family just purchased two 2022 Palisade SEL Premiums in Feb 2022/March 2022 - one from a dealer in Boardman, OH and one from a dealer in Sharon, PA - we paid MSRP on one and $500 below MSRP on the second. BTW, we live in Pittsburgh, PA.

GastroFork

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Palisade SEL w/ convenience package in Oklahoma, anyone know any dealers in the area, or even Texas, that would sell at/below MSRP?

Alan_F

Reaction score
I'm looking to buy a Palisade SEL w/ convenience package in Oklahoma, anyone know any dealers in the area, or even Texas, that would sell at/below MSRP?
it probably depends day to day based on their inventory vs demand. But usually the dealers in smaller towns are your best bet. You can check their inventory online at:
Make sure you input you zip code and how far you are willing to travel.

Or you can search each dealer's website for inventory.

GastroFork

Reaction score
it probably depends day to day based on their inventory vs demand. But usually the dealers in smaller towns are your best bet. You can check their inventory online at:
Make sure you input you zip code and how far you are willing to travel.

Or you can search each dealer's website for inventory.
Oh right, good idea. I didn't think to expand my search past whatever's in my area. Thanks for the tip!

Rmidd

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Thanks!

Terry
Bought a 2022 Calligraphy at Atlantic Hyundai a month ago at MSRP and it was on the lot. At that time they had several to choose from though no white ones. Overall a good buying experience. I had originally ordered one at Hyundai112 for MSRP but they said it was going to take at least 45-60 days to get it, so I went to Atlantic and found the same model I wanted available.

ExtraMike

Reaction score
Paid $2,000 over MSRP for a a 2022 Calligraphy on the lot. Next nearest one like it was 5 hours away. Later they said it was because of our trade in.

elp_jc

Reaction score
There are many dealers selling at MSRP now. I'm extremely surprised I got $52K for mine (doing the deal as we speak), which is exactly what I have on it, with all taxes and accessories. Getting a Sante Fe Calligraphy instead, as we don't really need a lumbering SUV anymore. Ha ha. And the SF has power folding mirrors, parking assist, and other features missing on the Pali. I was really surprised to see 255/45/20 tires on that thing, when the larger Pali has 245s. Weird. Plus 19s would have been enough for the SF IMO. Oh well. Also paid a deposit for a G70 3.3T Sport Prestige. Both at MSRP in El Paso, TX. They genuinely don't tack on anything on any vehicle. No straight or disguised mark-ups of any kind. And only $125 of doc fee, so probably the only dealer doing that. But because of that, vehicles fly off the lot the same day, so better leave a deposit. That's what I did now ($1K each). Might be without a vehicle for a few days, when GMTV picks up the Tesla and Pali, but at those prices, it was a no-brainer to sell them. I'm making 4 grand on the Tesla, and breaking even on the Pali, after all expenses. Not bad.

akaScottydo

Reaction score
Purchased a 2022 Black/Black AWD Calligraphy at "MSRP" in Central FL. There was no markup on the vehicle's sticker price, but there was a $1900 protection package that I did pay for, but it was the cheapest I could find. I ended up having to travel 115 miles west to purchase the vehicle, as most dealerships in the area with stock were charging 3-10k over MSRP and we don't have many AWDs coming our way here in FL.

If you are looking to pay MSRP it will take a bit of effort and searching, but it's possible. I'd recommend using the Hyundai inventory search to narrow down nearby results. Check the dealership websites for markups. If no markups are listed, reach out to them (use a secondary email and a google voice number, as dealerships will dealership and call you) and ask if they are adding any markups or addons. If you are willing to travel further than the Hyundai inventory search radius (250 miles), then you will need to use the API to search.

Major

Reaction score
Anyone purchased in the last month that would be willing to share what price they got compared to MSRP and any tips on getting there ? Been down this road many times - just not with a Hyundai. Please note the model you bought.

Thank you in advance
In San Antonio paid sticker on a 2022 Calligraphy and felt fortunate to get that.

AVVS

Reaction score
Bought 2022 limited trim at MSRP in Seattle area. I was initially planning to wait for 2023 limited, but when I saw that 2023 limited is shedding some of the features like napa leather and ambient lighting, I scooped up the 2022 limited when it became available.

Gene

Reaction score
Bought 2022 limited trim at MSRP in Seattle area. I was initially planning to wait for 2023 limited, but when I saw that 2023 limited is shedding some of the features like napa leather and ambient lighting, I scooped up the 2022 limited when it became available.
If you order the 2023 Calligraphy it has both of those.

AVVS

Reaction score
If you order the 2023 Calligraphy it has both of those.
I checked with multiple dealers near me, and they all have SE/SEL/Limited coming in for 2023 model, but none for calligraphy. Whenever the 2023 calligraphy becomes available, I will trade in my 2022 limited for it.

Dmyhand

Reaction score

Thank you in advance
I an paying just under 50 grand for 22sel with premium package with tax tag and towing pkg added at dealer