Recent buyers - price paid compared to MSRP ?

G

G-29013

Hi everyone,

Looking to buy a Limited or Calligraphy new. I live in Long Island, NY. Anyone had any encounters here with a good price or story? The Hyundai website shows inventory but when I price the car they have some type of markup on it.

Thanks!

Terry
Hyundai 110 see Dan Ciotti. I Just bought a 2023 limited.

thepaperpusher

Reaction score
I checked with multiple dealers near me, and they all have SE/SEL/Limited coming in for 2023 model, but none for calligraphy. Whenever the 2023 calligraphy becomes available, I will trade in my 2022 limited for it.

How much are you willing to add on top of your 2022 for the 2023?

Debating trading my 2021 Telluride SX AWD for a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy or Limited if the opportunity should arise. Curious to see what others expect to see in the market.

mmcdon47

Reaction score
In NJ I got $1500 under msrp on a SEL with both packages.
You’ll just need to call around and negotiate. Some dealers won’t budge, just have to find the right one.
I live in NJ and I'm looking for a limited can you share which dealership you purchase yours from

ritholtz

Reaction score
Any dealer selling for MSRT in DFW? My 2022 Telly order is still pending. Would like to get 2023 Palisade if possible to get it at MSRP.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Any dealer selling for MSRT in DFW? My 2022 Telly order is still pending. Would like to get 2023 Palisade if possible to get it at MSRP.
Try the Hyundai website and you can see 2023 inventory at dealers within a 250 mile radius (or whatever radius you choose). Then contact the dealer for a price, which is always going to be fluid depending on supply vs demand. Just because dealers sold at one price a month ago doesn't mean that is the price today.

ritholtz

Reaction score
Try the Hyundai website and you can see 2023 inventory at dealers within a 250 mile radius (or whatever radius you choose). Then contact the dealer for a price, which is always going to be fluid depending on supply vs demand. Just because dealers sold at one price a month ago doesn't mean that is the price today.
Thanks for the feedback. I will check with deals with the inventory. If we need leather trim, we have to go with Limited right?

Alan_F

Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback. I will check with deals with the inventory. If we need leather trim, we have to go with Limited right?
For 2023 model year the Limited has "Leather-trimmed" seating. With the Calligraphy you get Premium Nappa Leather.

The SE has cloth seating and the SEL and XRT have H-Tex (synthetic leather) Trimmed Seats.

ritholtz

Reaction score
For 2023 model year the Limited has "Leather-trimmed" seating. With the Calligraphy you get Premium Nappa Leather.

The SE has cloth seating and the SEL and XRT have H-Tex (synthetic leather) Trimmed Seats.
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the information. Are these H-tex (Synthetic leather) seats same as Syntex seats in Kia? or more like a leather seats? I have order placed for Telly EX FWD, which comes with leather seats. Wondering if i need to go with Limited with Palisade in order to get same quality leather.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Hi Alan,
Thanks for the information. Are these H-tex (Synthetic leather) seats same as Syntex seats in Kia? or more like a leather seats? I have order placed for Telly EX FWD, which comes with leather seats. Wondering if i need to go with Limited with Palisade in order to get same quality leather.
I assume the H-tex is similar to Syntex. Neither is real leather. The Limited leather-trimmed seats has part of the seats (mostly where people don't sit like the back and side of the seats) that are the H-tex synthetic leather. I am not sure if the Calligraphy Nappa leather is used everywhere (such as back of seats). Many BMW's and Mercedes these days come with standard synthetic leather even on the seat bottom, which is fine so long as it is perforated and can breath.

Hyundai's parent company only owns 33% of Kia, so they are technically separate companies. Hyundai and Kia have an extensive technology sharing agreement, but that does not usually include things such as interior trim pieces purchased from outside suppliers. It obviously does include engines, transmissions, and other basic parts of the vehicle, but not everything by any means.

ritholtz

Reaction score
I assume the H-tex is similar to Syntex. Neither is real leather. The Limited leather-trimmed seats has part of the seats (mostly where people don't sit like the back and side of the seats) that are the H-tex synthetic leather. I am not sure if the Calligraphy Nappa leather is used everywhere (such as back of seats). Many BMW's and Mercedes these days come with standard synthetic leather even on the seat bottom, which is fine so long as it is perforated and can breath.

Hyundai's parent company only owns 33% of Kia, so they are technically separate companies. Hyundai and Kia have an extensive technology sharing agreement, but that does not usually include things such as interior trim pieces purchased from outside suppliers. It obviously does include engines, transmissions, and other basic parts of the vehicle, but not everything by any means.
Thanks for the information. KIA has leather seats with EX trim.

Lou1119

Reaction score
How much are you willing to add on top of your 2022 for the 2023?

Debating trading my 2021 Telluride SX AWD for a 2023 Palisade Calligraphy or Limited if the opportunity should arise. Curious to see what others expect to see in the market.
In Northern California markups range from =$3000 to $10000. I did not find any that were at MSRP. That figures in this screwed up state.