Recent buyers - price paid compared to MSRP ?

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

G

G-609778

Yep, the Mazda's power didnt do it for us, loved the exterior styling, but the inside was dated and too tight. We found a 2018 Audi Q7 Prestige with low miles for $45k nearby. The Hyundai dealership wouldnt let us take their Palisade off the lot to test drive.. "worth too much". Hyundai needs to retrain some of their dealers.
Hyundai dealerships dont train their salespeople to do that......thats a lazy salesperson!

Asm610

Reaction score
Hyundai dealers are independent businesses. Hyundai does not train them on how to sell vehicles. What the dealer is saying is that if you don't want a Palisade with a short drive around their lot, someone else will.

I can understand their concern, because some people are going to do 0-60 testing just for kicks during an unsupervised test drive. Dealers right now can only get a limited number of Palisades, and don't want to sell any of them as demos, because they cannot charge a premium price for a demo.
Not for nothing, but you have no clue what you're speaking of! All Hyundai sales personnel receive dealership based training IN ADDITION TO Hyundai Sales training which focuses on how to present and sell a car the Hyundai way and achieve your STAR CARD incentives. This INCLUDES test drives BEYOND THE BORDERS OF THE PARKING LOT.

mopar04

Reaction score
Orange County, CA... $1500 off MSRP... It had accessories pre-installed. So pretty much MSRP i guess. Hyper-White Limited AWD. My first choice. Impossible to find AWD in OC that don't have $5k mark up. Funny thing was someone was trying to buy the car while we were doing paperwork. Our salesman called us the day it arrived and went down to sign. The other guy said he pay $1000 over what we would pay to give him the car... wow.. ppl that desperate??!
Not desperate, it's just even paying $4-$6k over MSRP they're still a better deal that the other manufacturers at MSRP. Used cars are also worth about 20% more than they were a year ago so if you're trading in the market adjustment is cancelled out by the increased value on trade ins. Realistically Hyundai and Kia priced these things too low for how good they are and how much they have against the competition. Go drive a comparable Explorer and it's $10k more and the Atlas feels super cheap compared to it. The Highlander is nice but much smaller and looks pretty lame.

Aztrailblazer

Reaction score
I just picked up a hyper white/black calligraphy in Cerritos CA for 1k under MSRP I’m family friends with the manager of the dealership and it took him 45 days to find the color combo that I wanted and I’m pretty sure he gave me a good deal considering the market right now. We looked at a Telluride but laughed our way out of the dealership when they had a 12k markup over MSRP. I had a Mercedes before but needed to get something larger due to our growing family and I was pleasantly surprised with how nice these are and all the features it had.

Skyc

Reaction score
Wow I feel ashamed with everyone paying below msrp. I paid 5k OVER msrp for white Caligraphy. But I am in Seattle area and dealers around here want 5-10k over msrp.

michaelm

Reaction score
I got mine for the MSRP. The sale price started 2k below the MSRP and then "thanks to" dealer installed add-ons it went back to 44300.

I've got SEL AWD with convenience and premium packages.

As for the dealer add-ons I ended up getting window tint, anti-theft protection, some paint protection, and windshield treatment. The manufacturer was kind enough to include only a few "mandatory" accessories such as cargo net, cargo tray, floor mats, and rear bumper applique. Now, I was not too happy about these "add-ons" and was prepping for the sale price of 42500 which included dealer discount and some internet coupons which I was really happy about. I could have done a bit more negotiation and decline some of the add-ons at the time of paying the deposit (about 4 weeks before delivery). I didn't know that window tint, paint protection, and anti-theft packages will be applied by the dealer without my knowledge and when I came to pick up the vehicle it was too late to get anything off.

Overall I'm quite happy since the window tint and windshield treatment are looking good so far. And the most important part...I didn't have to pay 10K over MSRP and that makes me feel even happier.

Shop around if you can and don't be afraid of checking in neighboring states.

michaelm

Reaction score
I'm hearing you can't register the car in california unless you have the title on hand. If you where able to register this how where you able to?
I just started the registration process while waiting for the title which I expect to get in 3-6 weeks or sooner - was told it was mailed to me from AZDOT. In CA you need to pay fees within several days of purchasing the vehicle to avoid penalties. A very nice lady at the DMV told me that I had 20 days to register my new vehicle and of course she said that without the title I would not be able to complete the process. So I just did the vehicle verification check at the DMV and then paid all the fees. I've got a partial registration application that is not a permit and I will be able to complete it after I get the title and do the smog check. Overall it took me 2 DMV visits to sort it out and start the process.

ego117

Reaction score
Wow I feel ashamed with everyone paying below msrp. I paid 5k OVER msrp for white Caligraphy. But I am in Seattle area and dealers around here want 5-10k over msrp.
Don’t feel bad about that. I’m in NC and have called dealers all over the state. No one will sell me a limited or calligraphy without $2/$3K ADM or more added on. This is especially true for specific color combos and the beige interiors.

RJHar

Reaction score
Don’t feel bad about that. I’m in NC and have called dealers all over the state. No one will sell me a limited or calligraphy without $2/$3K ADM or more added on. This is especially true for specific color combos and the beige interiors.
am in NC too but at that time I bought (April), Flow Hyundai in Statesville was able to find me the combination (White on black or Black on Black), we ended up having White on Black with few discounts off MSRP. Other dealers (Concord, Charlotte, Raleigh, Winston Salem, Hickory) have adjustments in them

SunKing

Reaction score
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again…if you don’t need a new vehicle now just wait a year or so. Paying ridiculous amounts of money over MSRP is just straight throwing money away. Even more so if you’re financing it. Yes trade in values on pretty much all used vehicles are good right now, but they won’t last forever. Regardless the money you pay over MSRP will never be recouped. I traded my Pali in and got good money on it. Near MSRP. But it was in mint condition with very low miles (15 mos old with 3K miles) as I only drive my vehicle 2-3 times a week (work vehicle is a take home). I also purchased two vehicles so even then I had to haggle a bit to get them to go as high as they did. If money is no object to you or it just doesn’t bother you then hey, it’s your money and be happy with what you buy.

Cinderina

Reaction score
Northeast Ohio here. Looking at getting the Limited white with beige. What are the deals people are getting in this area?

cride1

Reaction score
We are in the process of picking up a 22 at MSRP. I don't typically buy new, but right now, with the used car market, it doesn't make sense to buy used. In addition, our current vehicle which is paid off will never be worth more so we decided to go for it. Still more of a "want" than a "need".

Alan_F

Reaction score
Not for nothing, but you have no clue what you're speaking of! All Hyundai sales personnel receive dealership based training IN ADDITION TO Hyundai Sales training which focuses on how to present and sell a car the Hyundai way and achieve your STAR CARD incentives. This INCLUDES test drives BEYOND THE BORDERS OF THE PARKING LOT.
Yes, they receive dealer training, but not Hyundai training, on how to sell cars. Hyundai does not own any of the dealers in the USA (by law in most states) and dealers are independent businesses (independent from the manufacturer).

As I said, for a vehicle in short supply and very high demand like the Palisade (especially higher trim levels), dealers may not want customers to put a lot of test miles on them if possible.

SandBaggins

Reaction score
Dallas, Texas. In February, bought my Palisade Limited black on black for MSRP. They would not budge at all. I even said they can keep the roof racks for $100 off and they said no, haha. I ended up selling the roof racks for $300 on ebay later. All in all, I paid right at $50k after TTL with 0.9% financing, no money down.

PK75

Reaction score
In March 2021, I paid $46k even on an MSRP of $49.5 for my new Calligraphy AWD white/black. I have noticed this week that dealer inventory supply in the Portland OR area is picking up; must be new shipments coming in. I am super happy with my vehicle and my purchase; and I absolutely love the wheels!

Cinderina

Reaction score
We are in the process of picking up a 22 at MSRP. I don't typically buy new, but right now, with the used car market, it doesn't make sense to buy used. In addition, our current vehicle which is paid off will never be worth more so we decided to go for it. Still more of a "want" than a "need".
Exactly the same situation here. The Pali would be replacing the 2006 Honda Odyssey which is paid. Debating whether to keep it for my soon-to-be licensed son or trade due to the market. Think I need to start getting some quotes.

Cinderina

Reaction score
Exactly the same situation here. The Pali would be replacing the 2006 Honda Odyssey which is paid. Debating whether to keep it for my soon-to-be licensed son or trade due to the market. Think I need to start getting some quotes.
What trim level? I'm hearing a tad over MSRP for Palisades in northeast Ohio. May I ask your location?

cride1

Reaction score
We were looking for a limited in either white or steel graphite with the beige interior. Ended up posting a question in one of the Palisade Owner group Facebook pages asking about dealers in the mid-west that were selling at MSRP and had somebody respond with a couple so I placed a couple calls.

I am located in NE Missouri and have to drive about 180 miles round trip to pick it up once it arrives.

What trim level? I'm hearing a tad over MSRP for Palisades in northeast Ohio. May I ask your location?