Recent buyers - price paid compared to MSRP ?

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

G

G-33535

I just walked out of a a dealer in Miami Florida. They’re trying to sell a 47,805 limited for 58,980 plus $1549 dealer fees some other add on’s + TTT. On top of that they low balled me 5G less than my trade in was worth. I had asked the sales but when we first started. Do you sell many of the palisades and he’s was like honestly no we don’t. Well, jeeze it’s no wonder!

SunKing

Reaction score
I just walked out of a a dealer in Miami Florida. They’re trying to sell a 47,805 limited for 58,980 plus $1549 dealer fees some other add on’s + TTT. On top of that they low balled me 5G less than my trade in was worth. I had asked the sales but when we first started. Do you sell many of the palisades and he’s was like honestly no we don’t. Well, jeeze it’s no wonder!
Insanity

Alan_F

Reaction score
When a car salesperson says "honestly" I hope you don't take that claim as serious. But on the other hand, one reason they don't sell many is probably that they don't get many to sell, so they are hoping some desperate person will pay their asking price.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Miami is probably the worst place to buy a vehicle. Same thing with motorcycles. There's always an idiot willing to pay what they ask, so they think everybody will do that, and that's not the case. Holding a vehicle for months with a high mark-up is a very stupid business decision; they make more money for them, and sales people, turning them quickly at more decent prices. Plus they get more allocation. But many dealers still have that mentality, unfortunately.

vaughnvk

Reaction score
I'm in NM and we've been looking for a White with beige Calligraphy for about a year. I can say that the two dealerships here in Abq are asking for 5K over MSRP plus dealer add ons. (i.e. Appearance Protection - $299, Paint and Dent Repair - $299, Vehicle Theft Assistance - $499, wheel locks - $299, etc.) I have also looked in other nearby states and this vehicle is hard to find especially with other dealerships marking up their vehicles the same. We've been patiently waiting for more vehicles to become available so they price them more reasonably. If anyone can pass on to me a good dealership that has this vehicle at or below MSRP, please let me know.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I bought my Calligraphy FWD from Larry Miller in ALB at MSRP, but they were selling AWD models for 5 grand over indeed. My SUV also had the side sticker with about 6 grand of crap tacked on, but bought it for MSRP. In reality a little lower, since the wheel locks were in that side sticker, and they also gave me the full cargo liner (to compensate getting the useless $70 black 'bumper applique' I ripped off right there), so like $125 under MSRP :). But if you want AWD, it'll be harder to find at MSRP. By the way, I was going to get an AWD because it was the only way to get a Calligraphy, but with the vibration issues still affecting them, I was very glad to find out I could get a FWD instead, so that's what I got (in typhoon silver/black). I live in the freaking desert, so no AWD needed. Plus it's nice to have an extra 2 MPGs highway range, 165-lb less weight, and less complexity:). You might try El Paso... if you're willing to drive 300 miles to get here. Good luck.

Last edited:

vaughnvk

Reaction score
I bought my Calligraphy FWD from Larry Miller in ALB at MSRP, but they were selling AWD models for 5 grand over indeed. My SUV also had the side sticker with about 6 grand of crap tacked on, but bought it for MSRP. In reality a little lower, since the wheel locks were in that side sticker, and they also gave me the full cargo liner (to compensate getting the useless $70 black 'bumper applique' I ripped off right there), so like $125 under MSRP :). But if you want AWD, it'll be harder to find at MSRP. By the way, I was going to get an AWD because it was the only way to get a Calligraphy, but with the vibration issues still affecting them, I was very glad to find out I could get a FWD instead, so that's what I got (in typhoon silver/black). I live in the freaking desert, so no AWD needed. Plus it's nice to have an extra 2 MPGs highway range, 165-lb less weight, and less complexity:). You might try El Paso... if you're willing to drive 300 miles to get here. Good luck.
Thanks for your posting. Yes, I'm willing to drive or fly a days drive away. I guess I'll just keep looking out of NM. BTW, I also spoke with a salesman from Colo Spgs and he also said that any Palisade with leather they are marking up 5K.

SunKing

Reaction score
Thanks for your posting. Yes, I'm willing to drive or fly a days drive away. I guess I'll just keep looking out of NM. BTW, I also spoke with a salesman from Colo Spgs and he also said that any Palisade with leather they are marking up 5K.
Lol. Ridiculous

joliver

Reaction score
I just bought mine from Larry Miller in Peoria, AZ. Technically, I paid MSRP - a ~$1000 discount... but they made up for it with 1) ~$1400 in port-installed options (OK, I get it, it happens, not under their control); and 2) ~$1900 in stuff *they* installed that I never knew about and had no chance to refuse. My out-the-door price with taxes, registration, and everything came to $56,600 for a Limited AWD

I was not happy to find I was paying $400 for non-ceramic tint, $500 for "Vehicle Theft Assistance" which will never do a thing for me, $500 for "CRYSTAL FUSION", $300 for "DRIVE PUR SANITIZATION", $50 for nitrogen in the tires (yep, seriously) If we weren't in the times we were in, I'd have walked out the door.

G

G-177129

I just bought mine from Larry Miller in Peoria, AZ. Technically, I paid MSRP - a ~$1000 discount... but they made up for it with 1) ~$1400 in port-installed options (OK, I get it, it happens, not under their control); and 2) ~$1900 in stuff *they* installed that I never knew about and had no chance to refuse. My out-the-door price with taxes, registration, and everything came to $56,600 for a Limited AWD

I was not happy to find I was paying $400 for non-ceramic tint, $500 for "Vehicle Theft Assistance" which will never do a thing for me, $500 for "CRYSTAL FUSION", $300 for "DRIVE PUR SANITIZATION", $50 for nitrogen in the tires (yep, seriously) If we weren't in the times we were in, I'd have walked out the door.
joliver, Thanks for your reply. I spoke with sales guy at Peoria a couple of times about the vehicle we desire. Yes, he did tell me that they are very proud that they do not "mark up" their Palisades over MSRP. However, their Palisades do come with add ons as you described. IMO that is total BS!

vaughnvk

Reaction score
joliver, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have spoken with a guy from Peoria a couple of times. They are very proud that they do not do a straight market adjustment of 5K over MSRP. However, they did tell me that they do add ons. I think that is total BS! I suppose until more become available, they can do price them how they desire if they are selling them.

joliver

Reaction score
joliver, Thanks for your reply. Yes, I have spoken with a guy from Peoria a couple of times. They are very proud that they do not do a straight market adjustment of 5K over MSRP. However, they did tell me that they do add ons. I think that is total BS! I suppose until more become available, they can do price them how they desire if they are selling them.
Yeah, under normal circumstances, I'd have walked. But it was the day before we were taking a trip, I was looking forward to doing that in a big new car instead of a small old car, we had our autistic son who was progressively on the verge of a meltdown due to the amount of time it took... and if I'd had the time to go after them, they could always just refund my deposit and sell the car in ten minutes to someone else. So I look at it as a COVID fee, and for getting the car I wanted with a great interest rate when I expect interest rates to go up and cars to get more expenive and get harder to find.

I'm very happy with the car itself!

athorvath1

Reaction score
I highly recommend Heritage Hyundai in Towson, MD. They are the #1 dealer in Mid Atlantic and according to their website right now they have 41 Palisades. They were great to work with, no pressure, and sold me a 2022 Calligraphy AWD for right around sticker with a good offer on my trade in. Ask for Kevin Koleska - a great salesperson.

Bschook5

Reaction score
Does anyone know any dealers in Texas or nearby states that are selling at MSRP? Looking for a Limited or Caligraphy, most nearby in DFW seem to be at 5k market adjustment added on.

Thanks!

Gene

Reaction score

I bought from Larry Miller once, never again. They will tell you they sell for MSRP or close to it, Then add $2500 or more with add on's sometimes closer to $4000.
Ones they didn't even do or that cost them $100 dollars.
BUT their service is worse yet!

My_Best_Pal

Reaction score
My Palisade
'21 Limited FWD - Burgundy

On Friday, I took my '21 Limited in for it's first oil change (6750 miles on the clock). I wandered around the lot to kill time and saw about 10 or 11 Pali's for sale. A few SEL's, 1 Limited and the rest Calligraphy's. All had the Additional Dealer Options sticker that added....wait for it....almost $11k to the MSRP. The Palisade market adjustment alone was $8k across all trim lines. The balance was the typical bloat: alarm, wheel locks, paint/fabric protection, door edge guards etc.

I asked a salesman if they were actually moving them at those prices and he said emphatically "Yes". I just nodded and walked away chuckling. I paid MSRP with NO add-ons back in early May. Hard to believe someone would pay $10k+ extra for the Palisade privilege. This is in So Cal.

Attachments

• IMG_3846.jpg
    IMG_3846.jpg
    187.5 KB · Views: 7

sarav

Reaction score
I highly recommend Heritage Hyundai in Towson, MD. They are the #1 dealer in Mid Atlantic and according to their website right now they have 41 Palisades. They were great to work with, no pressure, and sold me a 2022 Calligraphy AWD for right around sticker with a good offer on my trade in. Ask for Kevin Koleska - a great salesperson.
I'm in Baltimore area and completely missed Towson Hyundai from my search until I saw your message here. There have a good chunk of palisades (30+) but unfortunately nothing in the configuration I need (SEL AWD with 8 seater config). I will keep checking.

joliver

Reaction score
I'm in Baltimore area and completely missed Towson Hyundai from my search until I saw your message here. There have a good chunk of palisades (30+) but unfortunately nothing in the configuration I need (SEL AWD with 8 seater config). I will keep checking.
Have you physically seen them on the lot? Or just their website? Because this was another stunt LHM pulled... said they had 52 "in stock", but when I drove there, they had zero. They count cars that are on their way, that might be on their way, etc.

sarav

Reaction score
Have you physically seen them on the lot? Or just their website? Because this was another stunt LHM pulled... said they had 52 "in stock", but when I drove there, they had zero. They count cars that are on their way, that might be on their way, etc.
That’s a good point. We aren’t in need of a big car until Feb 2022. So I have been holding out on a trip to dealership and also hoping for the pricing situation to get better.