Road bumps felt through accelerator pedal.

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Bozko

Reaction score
After I had driven my Limited for about a week, my wife asked me if I was bothered by the “whacks” felt through the accelerator pedal when hitting even minor bumps in the road. I hadn’t noticed what she was talking about, but paid attention to it the next time I drove the car. OMG!!!!! How did I NOT feel this? Every minor bump in the road delivers a sensation through the accelerator pedal that feels like someone whacked the bottom of my shoe with a dowel rod. The sensation is right across the ball of my foot and is extremely evident now that I’m paying attention. It’s making me a little more nuts than my usual level of crazy😜. Before I take it in to the dealership, I’d just like to know if anyone (or everyone?) has this same issue. Please don’t hate me if you didn’t know you had this problem until I opened my yap about it.

Kikillo21

Reaction score
After I had driven my Limited for about a week, my wife asked me if I was bothered by the “whacks” felt through the accelerator pedal when hitting even minor bumps in the road. I hadn’t noticed what she was talking about, but paid attention to it the next time I drove the car. OMG!!!!! How did I NOT feel this? Every minor bump in the road delivers a sensation through the accelerator pedal that feels like someone whacked the bottom of my shoe with a dowel rod. The sensation is right across the ball of my foot and is extremely evident now that I’m paying attention. It’s making me a little more nuts than my usual level of crazy😜. Before I take it in to the dealership, I’d just like to know if anyone (or everyone?) has this same issue. Please don’t hate me if you didn’t know you had this problem until I opened my yap about it.
OMG good to know I am not the only one! I didn't noticed it at first but like 2 weeks ago I started noticing that and thought there was something wrong with the car and was about to take it to the dealership! It is like something is loose and vibrating on your foot. Just weird lol.

Bozko

Reaction score
Just got back from the dealership (yes, it's AWD). The service tech said that he did not feel the whacking or tapping sensation. He found that the nut that secures the accelerator pedal was slightly loose and so he tightened it to the proper torque spec. He also had the car on the hoist but found no evidence of anything loose or vibrating or tapping. I drove the car and the condition was still the same. The service advisor drove the car and he could feel the tapping but wasn't sure if it was normal or problematic. He then got another new Palisade Limited (with 70 miles on it) and had me drive it. It felt identical to mine. Finally, he had another service advisor drive my car. He felt it too and speculated that it might be a pulsing of the signal from the module under the pedal. They returned my car to me and are going to check with their Hyundai contacts to see if there are other reports of this issue. So....maybe some or all other Palisades are like this. Maybe it will be considered a normal condition or perhaps there might eventually be a TSB with a "fix". I really don't think I'm just being too picky about this because it's a fairly noticeable issue, perhaps more so because the Palisade otherwise has such a smooth, quiet ride. I'll post any future information I receive, if any. In the meantime, I encourage anyone experiencing the same issue to chime in on this thread and to also have their dealership take a look at it.

Gene

Reaction score
I have the HTRAC and have not noticed what you are feeling.
The module under the gas pedal is a variable resister just like
the volume control on the radio, so that does not put out pulses
Unless that is bad and then you would only feel it stick when
you push or let off on the gas.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!
G

G-491657

I have the HTRAC and have not noticed what you are feeling.
The module under the gas pedal is a variable resister just like
the volume control on the radio, so that does not put out pulses
Unless that is bad and then you would only feel it stick when
you push or let off on the gas.
Good to know, Gene. Thank you! I’ll see if there is any info forthcoming from the Hyundai rep.

ohbroncofan

Reaction score
I notice it as well. I did pay attention to my foot placement on the pedal. If my foot is tilted to the right and therefore resting on the bottom half of the pedal I can feel it. If I have my entire foot on the pedal, I can no longer feel it.

SunKing

Reaction score
Geez that stinks. I feel lucky that I’ve escaped this issue as well as wind/road noise and anything else so far lol. That seems like an annoying problem though and I’d be on top of that to get it addressed.