Road noise is way too loud.

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Alan_F

Reaction score
It's a pretty straight forward install. Sharkracing sells a sound damping kit for this car.
The install of the sound-deadening material is pretty straight-forward. It's getting the door panels off and back on that some people may not want to do themselves.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Road noise due to rough asphalt is quite bad on the Pali. Smooth? Pretty quiet, actually. But the rough stuff prevalent in the desert southwest causes road noise to be barely tolerable. Yes, the crap Hankook stock tires have obviously something to do with that, but I bet even with the quietest grand touring tires available (reportedly the Pirelli Scorpion A/S Plus3 (which I'll eventually put), they're not going to make the ride quiet on such asphalt. Koreans have smooth roads, so they put emphasis on quieting wind noise. Germans put more emphasis on road noise. Even a MB S-class is not that quiet. If you want really quiet, you need a Bentley or Rolls Royce; those are quiet :).

MiguelF

Reaction score
I have posted before that my Palisade is one of the quietest cars I ever had....However....LATELY, I have been driven on uneven and rough roads, and indeed, that LOW frequency ride is higher and cumbersome than other cars I have had. For city and smooth roads the Pali rules! Not on roughness!

magicia3

Reaction score
My Palisade
2022 Calligraphy, Hyperwhite,
Hello all. My wife and I were really impressed with the palisades interior and comfort. That’s the main reason for it’s purchase since we were coming from a HD GMC, and a 24 year old Nissan Maxima. However, our Palisade Calligraphy has way too much road noise. During our test drive we were on very smooth roads, but after purchase we have done several long distance drives and I am very dissatisfied with the sound proofing quality along the floor. Our 1996 Nissan Maxima as well as my 2019 GMC 2500 are significantly quieter. Not sure what to do about it yet.
The problem is your tires. If you can stabd to wait for them to wear out change to Pirelli Scorpion's they're much quieter. I got so feed up that I changed the tires at 3500 miles and that eliminated the noise. Have had great luck with Pirelli Scorpions on my two previous vehicles too. Good luck.