Running Boards

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Talking Sammich

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? If so, can you provide pics and seller info?

I finally found one I like, and it can even hold 3 skinny koreans per side...

this isn't the only style that they offer and they aren't the only seller that sells this particular unit. Neither has gotten back to me about actual construction, but from what i can tell, it is all abs, with an aluminum cap and presumably steel mounting brackets.

What does everyone think? Useful? Not? Good looking? Not?

Angela Chen

Reaction score
Has anyone done this? If so, can you provide pics and seller info?

I finally found one I like, and it can even hold 3 skinny koreans per side...

this isn't the only style that they offer and they aren't the only seller that sells this particular unit. Neither has gotten back to me about actual construction, but from what i can tell, it is all abs, with an aluminum cap and presumably steel mounting brackets.

What does everyone think? Useful? Not? Good looking? Not?
Looks good. I might consider it. And I really wasn't expecting to ACTUALLY see 3 skinny Koreans standing on it! LOL
3sk.jpg

SuperSnake79

Reaction score
I have installed the 1st pair of automatic running boards that is known in the US and have been assigned the reseller for US for anyone who is interested. There are several brands of these in South Korea where WingStep in the off brand of the more popular and resilient brands. To complete this install it does require some advanced mechanical knowledge and I have worked out a deal with a local shop in Texas that has been certified to install these too. Again if this is something you are wanting we can work out the details of providing you the hardware and you can take the attempt to install yourself or arrange a UShip or weekend job to get things installed at the local shop here. I have posted a couple of pics of the side steps for people to see and you can DM me if you are interested in purchasing /installing the product for your ride. I will have more pictures up later on this forum and others.

Attachments

SuperSnake79

Reaction score
----- Update I worked out a deal last night 1/4/20 and got these lowered in price. There's so much overhead with shipping freight I'm not looking to get rich with this product. -----

These are automated when the door opens and even better they tie into your lighting system too. This adds additional side lights for turn signals, DRL, and brake lights. This can be adjusted with the manual override button and all components neatly connect to a supplied harness that only needs four wires to be connected with taps or solder to the factory wiring. This simplifies the wiring and takes the guess work from wiring things from module to module. Easy connect factory style harness clips connect to each motor and all connect to a central brain the size of a deck of cards. I have this installed on my 2020 Palisade and was told by the manufacturer the first in the US. These are such a great addition to your ride and will definitely set you apart from the others. These will drop ship to your door for $1,350.00 from overseas. There are several items that I would strongly suggest and would include in an additional shipment to you for an additional $75.00. With this purchase you will receive a how to guide that you can follow or strongly suggest the shop you take this to get installed. The average job should take about 4-6 hours depending on the skill set of the individual and if they have a helper.

MooncloudPal

Reaction score
----- Update I worked out a deal last night 1/4/20 and got these lowered in price. There's so much overhead with shipping freight I'm not looking to get rich with this product. -----

These are automated when the door opens and even better they tie into your lighting system too. This adds additional side lights for turn signals, DRL, and brake lights. This can be adjusted with the manual override button and all components neatly connect to a supplied harness that only needs four wires to be connected with taps or solder to the factory wiring. This simplifies the wiring and takes the guess work from wiring things from module to module. Easy connect factory style harness clips connect to each motor and all connect to a central brain the size of a deck of cards. I have this installed on my 2020 Palisade and was told by the manufacturer the first in the US. These are such a great addition to your ride and will definitely set you apart from the others. These will drop ship to your door for $1,350.00 from overseas. There are several items that I would strongly suggest and would include in an additional shipment to you for an additional $75.00. With this purchase you will receive a how to guide that you can follow or strongly suggest the shop you take this to get installed. The average job should take about 4-6 hours depending on the skill set of the individual and if they have a helper.

Wow.
Yep they look badass.

Dmigoya

Reaction score
I'm surprised Hyundai doesn't have a running boards option. That's certainly a demerit.
Still, I need to get them as I have a 5' wife who really needs them.
There's plenty of aftermarket, but I wondered what anyone has tried successfully.
I love the electrical retractable types, but I'm concerned of the fit. Also, I've not seen anything that's a retractable single step, which would solve my issue for.my wife and allow me to keep the ride as is.
Anyone?
Photos of installs and links to what you bought and where would be very appreciated.

Eric2203

Reaction score
I'm surprised Hyundai doesn't have a running boards option. That's certainly a demerit.
Still, I need to get them as I have a 5' wife who really needs them.
There's plenty of aftermarket, but I wondered what anyone has tried successfully.
I love the electrical retractable types, but I'm concerned of the fit. Also, I've not seen anything that's a retractable single step, which would solve my issue for.my wife and allow me to keep the ride as is.
Anyone?
Photos of installs and links to what you bought and where would be very appreciated.

FFEMT6

Reaction score
I have seen Tellurides with fixed ones, and I believe the Palisade shares the same wheelbase, so it might fit on the Palisade also.

Hey Hoser

Reaction score
Careful of the running boards you get, the ones I’ve experienced do not really give you a good step to get in and out, just makes bottom of your long pants dirty

SpikeLV

Reaction score
Careful of the running boards you get, the ones I’ve experienced do not really give you a good step to get in and out, just makes bottom of your long pants dirty
I have read this same thing on many forums. The overall impression I get is that 1) The steps can be very dangerous and slippery if wet due to water and/or snow. 2) They are on the thinner side so most people just end up stepping over them when exiting the vehicle. This causes the bottom of pants to come in contact with edge of the step and whatever is on the step (dirt, mud, water) gets transferred to your pants. Prior to purchasing my Palisade I test drove a Telluride with the steps. I wear a size 12 shoe and am 5' 11", when trying to use the step to get in the vehicle it was a little awkward as I was almost balancing on my toes.

Dmigoya

Reaction score
Surprised a dealership had them on. There is no factory choice for the boards so they clearly added them themselves. That seems dishonest to me.

SpikeLV

Reaction score
Dealerships do that all the time. Window tint, rims, alarm systems, etc. They then add it to the sticker price with an increase over cost. Jeeps don't come from the factory with a 3.5" lift but you can buy them brand new that way at the dealership all modded up.

saxman242

Reaction score
Looking for recommendations for running boards. Has anyone added them?
There seems to be basically two options; the powered ones that someone from the forum sells or the bolt on ones that are all over ebay/aliexpress.

Jen

Reaction score
thanks, i dont know anything about the powered ones. Hopefully the seller will respond to this thread. i found some on line but want minimal visibility.

mfilliben

Reaction score

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

SuperSnake79

Reaction score
With many issues with the Palisade and current economy I have not been on this forum in some time, but just received a notification. I had a deal with a Korean distributor that would allow me to purchase directly through them and have everything dropped shipped to a customer. I have sold on a couple of these and last time some putz on this Forum tried to call me a scammer. I am just an individual that cannot keep anything stock and does hours upon hours of research looking for things that are only available in other countries for this vehicle. With this being said I have placed on the for sale side of this forum on the costs and would be happy to DM any additional info you have. As I mentioned at the beginning of this thread my Palisade has been out of commission for over a month and a half and I just got it back on Wednesday. So with it out of sight and dealing with repercussions of the pandemic I have been out of touch with anything related lately.