Shifter System Malfunction

Welcome to the Ad-Free Palisade community!

Paid for 100% by Sal, the webmaster. Click register to join us!

Lordug

Reaction score
Oh man, I was hoping it was just a 2020 issue, and BAM!, the last post is from a 2021. Geez. Ha ha. Hey, may I ask you what's your build date? Hopefully an early one, and Hyundai already resolved whatever issue it is. I was hoping the issue was when parking the SUV on an incline without the parking brake, and that the parking pawl just got stuck. But that's not the problem; it's going from R to D. Wish we had the Telluride shift lever instead, but not the end of the world. Hope new SUVs won't have this problem. But at least I know it's a potential issue, in case it happens. Thanks gang.
Not sure what the build date is but waited for it to come in to the dealer and received it in August of 2020

elp_jc

Reaction score
Not sure what the build date is but waited for it to come in to the dealer and received it in August of 2020
Thank you. Glad to hear, since it has to be a very early 2021, so hopefully Hyundai fixed it on the newest ones already. I guess we'll find out. The one I test drove like 3 weeks ago had a 02/21 build date, so they're probably 03/21 by now. Take care.

Looking to cover or replace the KIA emblems on your Palisade? Look no further than right here in our own forum store - where orders are shipped immediately!

Lordug

Reaction score
i was able to get it into gear and I drove it straight to the dealership. It is currently there. They are going to check with the Hyundai corporation to see how they want to fix it. I requested a software update and to change out the shifter. Will update after I get the car back.

Lordug

Reaction score
i was able to get it into gear and I drove it straight to the dealership. It is currently there. They are going to check with the Hyundai corporation to see how they want to fix it. I requested a software update and to change out the shifter. Will update after I get the car back.
The dealership had my vehicle for a week and they replaced the shifter. Fingers crossed for no future incidents with the car.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Guess Hyundai is new to shift-by-wire. I haven't heard of any issues with ZF trannies, or any of the other major manufacturers (Aisin, etc). Wonder what's the exact issue, since they're breaking with hardly any miles on them. Does anybody know where exactly is the actuator? Just curious. Thx. But wherever it is, it should be a relatively easy fix, as far as dismantling goes :).