Shopping for a used Palisade. Need some clarifications

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

The Expendble

Reaction score
The Model i will purchase will be USA/Canada make, but i am residing in UAE.

1. Is it possible to manually change the Map to any country by hacking or something?
2. Android Auto cannot be full screen?
3. Can the Fahrenheit be converted to Celsius for temperatures in the full LCD cluster as well as the Middle Control Panel?
4. The Halogen headlights can be swapped with OEM LED headlights by simply Swapping the housings?
5. How to know the car is FWD or 4WD, by checking any info in the screen etc?
6. Electric Folding of mirrors is not possible?

Eric2203

Reaction score
The Model i will purchase will be USA/Canada make, but i am residing in UAE.

1. Is it possible to manually change the Map to any country by hacking or something?
2. Android Auto cannot be full screen?
3. Can the Fahrenheit be converted to Celsius for temperatures in the full LCD cluster as well as the Middle Control Panel?
4. The Halogen headlights can be swapped with OEM LED headlights by simply Swapping the housings?
5. How to know the car is FWD or 4WD, by checking any info in the screen etc?
6. Electric Folding of mirrors is not possible?
Why aren't you buying the car in the UAE? It is sold there and would have what you want.

inv4zn

Reaction score
1. Probably not - you can try to get different region software files and flashing but likely they region lock it by serial, so no-go. (Although I know with VW you can do this kinda stuff).
2. Can't answer, don't use AA
3. Yes
4. Connectors are likely different, probably easier to just swap out bulbs
5. It's a front biased AWD, so it drives the front wheels unless the car needs to switch. There's a selection screen that shows you power to each wheel, if that's what you mean. With USA cars you get a center differential lock, although I suspect that's electronic. With Canadian cars you don't get that but you get additional off-road modes.
6. No.

That said, why are you exporting/importing a NAR car to the UAE? Like ^ said, get a UAE spec car, it'll have all the things you need including the folding side mirrors.

The Expendble

Reaction score
Why aren't you buying the car in the UAE? It is sold there and would have what you want.

1. Probably not - you can try to get different region software files and flashing but likely they region lock it by serial, so no-go. (Although I know with VW you can do this kinda stuff).
2. Can't answer, don't use AA
3. Yes
4. Connectors are likely different, probably easier to just swap out bulbs
5. It's a front biased AWD, so it drives the front wheels unless the car needs to switch. There's a selection screen that shows you power to each wheel, if that's what you mean. With USA cars you get a center differential lock, although I suspect that's electronic. With Canadian cars you don't get that but you get additional off-road modes.
6. No.

That said, why are you exporting/importing a NAR car to the UAE? Like ^ said, get a UAE spec car, it'll have all the things you need including the folding side mirrors.
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. If it were allowed / possible. I'd definitely get UAE cars, but..

1. They are out of stock.
2. Price is out of my budget
3. The top trim doesnt even come with full digital instrument cluster which is mandatory for me.

Hence i need to find a used American Car.

inv4zn

Reaction score
I...ok, but you're going to be facing a world of documentations to export a car out of the US, import it into the UAE, pay transport costs, taxes & fees & duties, then deal with dealerships likely not wanting to work on a car, lack of parts, etc...

Sounds like you're burning down the house to catch a mouse.

The Expendble

Reaction score
I...ok, but you're going to be facing a world of documentations to export a car out of the US, import it into the UAE, pay transport costs, taxes & fees & duties, then deal with dealerships likely not wanting to work on a car, lack of parts, etc...

Sounds like you're burning down the house to catch a mouse.
No.. the car is already here in uae.

Alan_F

Reaction score
Hi,

Thanks for the replies. If it were allowed / possible. I'd definitely get UAE cars, but..

1. They are out of stock.
2. Price is out of my budget
3. The top trim doesnt even come with full digital instrument cluster which is mandatory for me.

Hence i need to find a used American Car.
Have you looked at prices of a used Palisade Limited or Calligraphy (the trim models with full digital instruments) in the USA? They are expensive, even for used ones. Also, the warranty is offered by Hyundai Motor America or Hyundai Canada (depending on which one you get), and does not apply outside of the USA.

The Expendble

Reaction score
Oh haha. well then.

I'm curious now, an imported US spec calligraphy is cheaper than a UAE spec equivalent (used)?
Yes. I got the top model calligraphy USA for $33,150, 8000 miles
Have you looked at prices of a used Palisade Limited or Calligraphy (the trim models with full digital instruments) in the USA? They are expensive, even for used ones. Also, the warranty is offered by Hyundai Motor America or Hyundai Canada (depending on which one you get), and does not apply outside of the USA.
I know warranty is not available. I am biting the bullet, also heard that the car is relaible, no?

elp_jc

Reaction score
There's no 'center differential' on the Palisade, or any other cross-over SUV for that matter. Not even the Subaru Accent has one. Just as an FYI. And easiest way to know it's an AWD (without peeking at the rear, and look for a differential) is with the absence or presence of an AWD specific black knob on the center console. FWDs also have one, but with no modes on the sides. Finally, many AWD Palisades here have the dreaded vibration due to faulty shafts (I think it's one of the half-shafts, but not sure), so hope that's not the case with yours. Good luck.

The Expendble

Reaction score
There's no 'center differential' on the Palisade, or any other cross-over SUV for that matter. Not even the Subaru Accent has one. Just as an FYI. And easiest way to know it's an AWD (without peeking at the rear, and look for a differential) is with the absence or presence of an AWD specific black knob on the center console. FWDs also have one, but with no modes on the sides. Finally, many AWD Palisades here have the dreaded vibration due to faulty shafts (I think it's one of the half-shafts, but not sure), so hope that's not the case with yours. Good luck.
Is this not fixed in 2021 models? The Vibration. Is it a big deal?

The Expendble

Reaction score
I have couple more Questions:

1. The Blind spot is Active type?, meaning, does it turn on even at a greater distance detecting cars at high speed like in the new Lexus, Range Rovers, Merc etc?
  2. Is there any on-board diagnostics check built-in to the infotainment system to do a quick check for any errors?
  3. How to do headlight alignment? Is there any screws inside the bonnet?

elp_jc

Reaction score
I've seen vibration reported from owners of ALL years, including 2022s. But it's not all of them. I'd say it's not even a large percentage, but it's a PITA to deal with that, since it's one (or maybe more) of the 3 shafts (center, plus half shafts), and it's not easy to remove them, or check them. I was reluctantly going to buy an AWD Calligraphy, since they were initially only made AWD. But I found out on time Hyundai started making them in FWD, so I waited for one... and I'm glad I did. Ha ha.

1. Blind spot is radar on this vehicle, so the best kind. My Tesla is camera-based, so much more limited. I don't trust it at all. The Pali one is excellent and I like that it shows on the head-up display. But it's also important to have the side mirrors adjusted properly (you shouldn't be able to see any part of your vehicle), and do a head check if you're not the kind of driver to constantly be aware who's around you (as a motorcyclist, I'm one of those).
2. All systems have that (self-checks), but not sure what kind of errors you're talking about.
3. All vehicles must have vertical adjustment. Not all have horizontal adjustment, but if they have, it must be blocked by law, so owners don't mess with it.

The Expendble

Reaction score
I've seen vibration reported from owners of ALL years, including 2022s. But it's not all of them. I'd say it's not even a large percentage, but it's a PITA to deal with that, since it's one (or maybe more) of the 3 shafts (center, plus half shafts), and it's not easy to remove them, or check them. I was reluctantly going to buy an AWD Calligraphy, since they were initially only made AWD. But I found out on time Hyundai started making them in FWD, so I waited for one... and I'm glad I did. Ha ha.

1. Blind spot is radar on this vehicle, so the best kind. My Tesla is camera-based, so much more limited. I don't trust it at all. The Pali one is excellent and I like that it shows on the head-up display. But it's also important to have the side mirrors adjusted properly (you shouldn't be able to see any part of your vehicle), and do a head check if you're not the kind of driver to constantly be aware who's around you (as a motorcyclist, I'm one of those).
2. All systems have that (self-checks), but not sure what kind of errors you're talking about.
3. All vehicles must have vertical adjustment. Not all have horizontal adjustment, but if they have, it must be blocked by law, so owners don't mess with it.
1. Yeah, i am aware it is radar based, but does it detect a speeding vehicle from far or only does it activate once the car is close by? There are 2 kinds of Blind Spot Detector, 1st kind detects only if the other vehicle is closely. 2nd kind detects if the second vehicle has significant speed, it warns even if the vehicle is far away.
2. I mean, if any error occurs, does it immediately show? For eg.: "Cruise Control Fault". Is there any menu i can navigate do a health checkup to see if there is any error available for this used car that the dealer is hiding?
3. Does palisade have a manual adjustment screw, to correct the levelling?

bruesjoh04

Reaction score
My Palisade
2020 Palisade Limited
1. Yeah, i am aware it is radar based, but does it detect a speeding vehicle from far or only does it activate once the car is close by? There are 2 kinds of Blind Spot Detector, 1st kind detects only if the other vehicle is closely. 2nd kind detects if the second vehicle has significant speed, it warns even if the vehicle is far away.
The blind spot detection system on the Palisade is in fact dynamic... it does not simply warn you about things in a fixed box. The size of the warning area will change depending on the approaching speed of the vehicle that is coming toward the blind spot.

elp_jc

Reaction score
Blind spot monitoring doesn't get any better than being radar based, and it is radar based on the Palisade. And of course it wouldn't notify you of a car 1/2 mile away going slightly over your speed, or it'd always be on. It notifies you with plenty of time to react. If an F1 car was approaching you at 200+ mph, maybe not, but the Pali would do as good as any other car out there.

The Expendble

Reaction score
1. Does the camera in the windshield detect the speed signs in the road, without HDA? Specifically round signs with red border. And does it assist in setting that speed? I am aware HDA is not available outside USA/ Canada.

2. There are 3 screws in the front bumper for the number plate. What is the distance between 1st and 3rd? Can i screw the long plate directly, or does it need to be on a number plate holder?

Eric2203

Reaction score
1. Does the camera in the windshield detect the speed signs in the road, without HDA? Specifically round signs with red border. And does it assist in setting that speed? I am aware HDA is not available outside USA/ Canada.
1. No. There is no sign reading system on Palisades. It uses the navigation database for speed limit info.