Shut off auto lock doors

Welcome to the Hyundai Palisade community!

Click REGISTER to join us! We'd LOVE to have you... :)

Jrrulz8383

Reaction score
My doors auto lock after I leave vehicle when I'm home. Anyone know how to shut off not sure if it is in the app? I don't have it set to automatically lock that I set up.. Thank you

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
2021 Palisade Calligraphy
page 3-19 of the owners manual only indicates that "auto-lock" works when you change from park to drive OR enabled on speed (locks at 5mph)

there is no indication that the alarm or other system have any type of auto lock feature when you walk away, and there is actually a module for sale by shark racing that you can install to add this feature because it does not exist on the Palisade in OEM configuration.

the vehicle will auto-relock if you unlock via fob or remote app and do not open a door within 1 minute of sending that command, all Hyundai's do this in the event you accidently hit the unlock button with the fob in your pocket.

But there isn't any auto-locking system setting or feature on the vehicle by default. So my question is do you have an aftermarket alarm? maybe dealer installed? because if you do then you would need to reach out to the dealer or installer to disable that.

1614352849764.png

Jrrulz8383

Reaction score
page 3-19 of the owners manual only indicates that "auto-lock" works when you change from park to drive OR enabled on speed (locks at 5mph)

there is no indication that the alarm or other system have any type of auto lock feature when you walk away, and there is actually a module for sale by shark racing that you can install to add this feature because it does not exist on the Palisade in OEM configuration.

the vehicle will auto-relock if you unlock via fob or remote app and do not open a door within 1 minute of sending that command, all Hyundai's do this in the event you accidently hit the unlock button with the fob in your pocket.

But there isn't any auto-locking system setting or feature on the vehicle by default. So my question is do you have an aftermarket alarm? maybe dealer installed? because if you do then you would need to reach out to the dealer or installer to disable that.

View attachment 1962
Nothing aftermarket or dealer add on it must be in the app. I do get a notification from the app every time I leave me vehicle and leave doors unlocked. When I click on notification it takes me to the app where you can lock vehicle but I usually just hit clear on my phone I don't click on app. Going to check the app see if I find anything. Thank you

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Nothing aftermarket or dealer add on it must be in the app. I do get a notification from the app every time I leave me vehicle and leave doors unlocked. When I click on notification it takes me to the app where you can lock vehicle but I usually just hit clear on my phone I don't click on app. Going to check the app see if I find anything. Thank you
Oh ok.

yeah mine does that too. Sends the alert and when I click the app it seems to send the lock command automatically. My G80 did that as well.

if you don’t respond to the alert it keeps coming every few minutes.

Barbara Hansen

Reaction score
I really hate this feature because i leave my doors unlocked in my garage. I really need to find a way to turn that off. it drives me nuts.

Gene

Reaction score
In the app you can turn off the notification, But if you want it to work when you park outside.
You will have to keep it on.. Doesn't take much to touch the door button

elp_jc

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my SUV, supposedly stranded in Santa Rosa, NM, for some kind of issue. So I'm reading the owner's manual in anticipation. And talking about the subject of auto-lock, the way I read the manual is there's NO option to disable auto lock; only to disable auto unlock. Is that correct? It makes no sense to disable auto unlock if you can't disable auto lock. I'd like to disable both, which is the way I drive my vehicles all the time. I don't mind that feature on our Tesla, since there's nothing mechanically moving to do that, but door lock actuators eventually crap out, and there's no need where I live to lock the doors all the time. I can do it manually if desired. Hope there's a way to disable both from the menu. On previous Hyundais, dealers could do it with their computer, but they charged you for it... and in case you need it on a trip or something, it's nice to have it on the cluster instead. Thanks gang.

Mr. iNCREDIBLE

Reaction score
My Palisade
Search for the Hyundai VCI software and interface, About $300. This is the dealer tool they use to program the vehicles.

elp_jc

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend that money just for that. What other things can you program? You didn't answer my question, by the way. But I assume you cannot disable auto-lock yourself, right? If that's the case, I need to ask selling dealer to program those things for me before signing anything. Is there any other programmable feature that I should know about? Thank you.

Jrrulz8383

Reaction score
I'm still waiting for my SUV, supposedly stranded in Santa Rosa, NM, for some kind of issue. So I'm reading the owner's manual in anticipation. And talking about the subject of auto-lock, the way I read the manual is there's NO option to disable auto lock; only to disable auto unlock. Is that correct? It makes no sense to disable auto unlock if you can't disable auto lock. I'd like to disable both, which is the way I drive my vehicles all the time. I don't mind that feature on our Tesla, since there's nothing mechanically moving to do that, but door lock actuators eventually crap out, and there's no need where I live to lock the doors all the time. I can do it manually if desired. Hope there's a way to disable both from the menu. On previous Hyundais, dealers could do it with their computer, but they charged you for it... and in case you need it on a trip or something, it's nice to have it on the cluster instead. Thanks gang.
I turned on the unlock all doors when I turn off vehicle under settings inside the car and it has worked for me I have not received a message from app.

Barbara Hansen

Reaction score
I wouldn't spend that money just for that. What other things can you program? You didn't answer my question, by the way. But I assume you cannot disable auto-lock yourself, right? If that's the case, I need to ask selling dealer to program those things for me before signing anything. Is there any other programmable feature that I should know about? Thank you.
I am trying to disable the same thing. It drives me nuts! I do NOT need my car to autolock and this would have been a big issue for me when i signed my lease.
so i have to spend money to turn it off? With all of the bells and whistles in this car, that seems ridiculous.

Gene

Reaction score
I don't really pay attention if they lock or don't lock. I selected for doors to open when I put it in park. Lock when I'm going about 10mph
That is in the setup
even if I don't put it in park the drivers and passengers door will unlock it self if you just pull the inside handle
no need to unlock it. second row doesn't do that.
There is no automatic lock when you walk away in the Palisade unless only one condition.
If the Palisade is locked and you unlock it, if you don't open a door; then walk away it will relock it self.

elp_jc

Reaction score
What we don't want the car to do is to lock itself automatically when you drive off. But apparently there's no option from the cluster to disable that. I like having to lock it myself when left outside, especially with a button (hate those touch systems), so no issues there. I'm leaving tomorrow for ALB to pick up my SUV. Will ask dealer to disable that crap.

Gene

Reaction score
Sorry you only get to choose if it locks when put in drive or speed. Have to add chip to shut off auto locking

elp_jc

Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah, dealer said they couldn't do it. They probably just don't want to, maybe due to some liability crap, but that's fine. I don't really have a problem with that, other than the door lock actuators will crap out at some time, but hopefully not under my ownership :). Got it home yesterday, and it was really comfortable. Upon seating on the driver's chair, it felt a bit stiff to me, but the good news is it gave me zero issues on a 4-hr drive, so it'll be okay. And the ventilation feature and A/C both work fantastically well, so happy about that. Time to order some goodies. Ha ha.

G

G-207090

I really hate this feature because i leave my doors unlocked in my garage. I really need to find a way to turn that off. it drives me nuts.
Omg, me too! My garage door into the house is on the passengers side. I can never just grab something from the cat bc every door but the drivers is locked. I gate it!

Gene

Reaction score
Omg, me too! My garage door into the house is on the passengers side. I can never just grab something from the cat bc every door but the drivers is locked. I gate it!
Turn off the double click for the doors unlocking. Palisade doesn't just lock it's doors when you get out.
If car is locked and you unlock with fob but don't open door in time period the doors will auto lock
If you have it set for two click unlock the doors just never unlocked to begin with.
The auto lock feature works when you reach a speed or when you shift to drive that's in the menu.
Some times reading the owner's manual helps when we think there is a problem

elp_jc

Reaction score
For some weird reason (wouldn't doubt it's a stupid law), there's no way to turn auto-lock off on the Pali. So the freaking doors will lock every time you drive it. BUT, as mentioned, you have the option to turn auto un-lock off (why?), just the driver door, or all doors. I immediately changed the setting to all doors, like probably most owners. Go to settings, then vehicle, then locks, and it's there. Hope this helps.

The Expendble

Reaction score
Wow. While you guys are asking to disable auto-lock, i specifically need this feature. So how to enable it? I thought walk away lock is not available for this car. I dont have the app.

Gene

Reaction score
walk away lock is not on this Palisade.
You are miss understanding what is being talked about